Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Which game is better for you?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

251 70.90%
  • Diablo 3

103 29.10%
Page 1 of 166 123451151101 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 Complaints

I remember the spring of 99, waiting in a line of over a hundred for like 2 hours so I could see the very first showing of the Phantom Menace, the first new Star Wars movie in about 15 years. I was too little to remember the other ones in the theater but the Star Wars franchise was one of my all time favorites, like just about everyone else on the planet.

I had no doubts it was going to be awesome, I mean, it was the freaking Star Wars franchise, there's no way they'd ever make a bad Star Wars movie, amirite?

I remember walking out of the theater not knowing what to think. I mean, deep down I knew it was a crappy movie, but maybe I was just processing it correctly. I actually saw it again the next weekend, there were parts that were cool, but it just felt cold and boring and at all interesting or compelling.

And what is the movie's legacy? Well the hardcore fans hated it, the critics hated it, its legacy was that of a bad joke, a punchline, the long awaited but disappointing and downright embarassing follow up to the legendary Star Wars franchise. The beginning of the end of the legend of Lucas.

How could this have happened? How could they have made it so bad? I mean parts of it were good, but the bad parts are so bad and unnecessary, they could have easily been fixed. It's like the took all the charm, originality, and character and squeezed it out of the franchise.

Interestingly enough the movie went on to be a major finacial success, in fact, not factoring in inflation, it's the #10 highest grossing movie of all time.

Sound familiar?

Behold, Diablo 3, the Phantom Menance. It's taken me a few weeks to recognize my feelings towards the game but now I remember when I felt like this before. It was after my couple viewings of Episode 1.Last edit: 2012-06-01 15:04:36

Last edited by Zaqwert; 01-06-2012 at 06:47.

Re: Diablo 3 - The Phantom Menace

I'm touched...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Interestingly enough the movie went on to be a major finacial success, in fact, not factoring in inflation, it's the #10 highest grossing movie of all time.15:04:36

More than that, pepsico gave lucas billions for a promotional tie-in.

jarjarshelf.jpg

I remember early June in 2012, it was a dark and not-stormy night. I lay awake in the wee hours of morning, sleep having been conquered by a long bout of diet coke-fueled magic find hunting. Awash in yellows, I finally shut my game off, and decided to browse the forums. Perhaps someone has discovered something new, I thought. Or mayhap Flux has recorded a new podcast for me to listen to as I fall asleep! Surely something interesting or informative would have cropped up there, I thought. I was too young and naive to comprehend what pointless, bland stupidity lay in wait for me.

I saw a forum title of "Diablo 3 - The Phantom Menace". In the heartbeats between clicking on the link and the page loading, my mind raced with possibilities as to what it could mean. "Perhaps the poster provides advice on how to fight those menacing phantoms!", I thought. "Or mayhap someone's incessant playing has disturbed some local ghost!". But when the screen's pixels leaped into being and my eyes tumbled over the words contained therein, I found something wholly unexpected. The author had written at length about a bad movie, and then said that after a fortnight of struggling with his innermost feelings, he has come to the conclusion that this bad movie and Diablo 3 are one and the same.

I thought I must have been misreading; my first impression failing me. Surely no one would expend so much effort and act so over-dramatic in order to say so little. And even if this person felt so negatively about a video game, would they truly choose to display this disgust by means of an overwrought analogy that was utterly empty of any content or analysis? It seemed impossible. How could this have happened? How could the Diablo 3 fourms fail me so badly?

I don't remember much else of that long ago, forlorn night....except that I stayed wide awake, bleary-eyed, trying to contemplate what sort of world could have led to this sorry state of affairs.

Banned

Diablo 2 - The Matrix, Diablo 3 - Tha Matrix: Reloaded.

BattleTag Caledus-2708

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    I remember early June in 2012, it was a dark and not-stormy night...
    You, sir, just made my day!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    I remember early June in 2012, it was a dark and not-stormy night....
    HAHHAHAHAH

I'm going to remember that post when I'm 80.

BattleTag Scud-2321

Quote Originally Posted by Hideo View Post
    Diablo 2 - The Matrix, Diablo 3 - Tha Matrix: Reloaded.
    I really liked Matrix Reloaded :(

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Seife View Post
    I really liked Matrix Reloaded :(
    Then you don't deserve to watch The Matrix. You didn't understand it. It didn't require sequels, which were made purely for money.

One name comes to mind, Jar-Jar Binks.