Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Level 25 druid Can't beat Durial

Quote Originally Posted by crawlingdeadman View Post
    So you grant CE to a necro summoner, but you don't grant fire skills to a summoner druid and expect to compare them honestly?

They can work, if you know what you're doing.
    Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to imply that all. I thought it was a given that summoner's will also max out volcano and fissure. Or do some weird rabies or FC variant. I had fissure and volcano of course. I know they can be effective but I'm also acutely aware of the equipment necessary.

My summoner was hell "viable" but underwhelming because for the same equipment level i.e mid-high end gear, a fury druid could probably do a baal run in half the time, or even a third. And comparing to a Necro summoner with CE: Well I'd almost go as far as saying that a necro summoner with store bought gear could trump my druid summoner with mid-high gear. I had +10 or so skills, no problems surviving, but I didn't have a pride merc. With a pride merc and + 20 to skills it could have been a much better build.

IncGamers Member

im only in normal guys im not in any concern of hell right now i jut havent played the game since i was like 5 and im 11 now its like i have never played the game and last time i beat durial i had like 4 other people so yeah oh and my def is 220 and everything i have is enchanted and my charms are bad a s s

Last edited by SloppyWalnut; 21-06-2012 at 11:33. Reason: typoes and the equips i have

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by crawlingdeadman View Post
    So you grant CE to a necro summoner, but you don't grant fire skills to a summoner druid and expect to compare them honestly?

They can work, if you know what you're doing.
    Druid summoners suck a lot compared to necros, honestly.
    I did 2 versions of these, one with fissure volcano and other with fireclaws+one synergy, shockwave support.
    Wasn't impressed with either.

They can 'do' hell sure..
    but you can't compare them to necros, because druid summons suck balls.

Even level 38 summons, buffed with might ( merc ), beast ( fanaticism ), decrepify ( reapers ), lvl 22 HoW, have trouble doing anything at all in hell players 8 games. My experience anyhow..

Another problem is that summon equipment causes clashes in gear for fire skills/fireclaws/etc. like beast vs hoto, elemental skillers vs trainers, etc., etc.

I think Blizzard had the right ideas with druids, but they mucked up the numbers somewhere down the line.
    They also forgot to make good items for druids, there is no summoner equivalent of 'arm of king leoric' . All we have is Dark clan crusher, which sucks..

Thus, elemental druids aren't as good as sorceress, shapeshifters aren't as good as zealot/barb, summoners not as good as necros.
    Only windy and fury wolf come close. I don't know of any summon build that is similar in power.

IncGamers Member

The way to kill Duriel:

1) Accumlate gold.
    2) when you reach down, open a town portal in safe distance from the beast.
    3) when you're out of firepower (eg. your merc died) go up, resurrect / summon / buff again, then go back for more bashing.

Works with any character level 21+.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by twillight View Post
    The way to kill Duriel:

1) Accumlate gold.
    2) when you reach down, open a town portal in safe distance from the beast.
    3) when you're out of firepower (eg. your merc died) go up, resurrect / summon / buff again, then go back for more bashing.

Works with any character level 21+.
    This sounds like the closest to good advice for someone in his situation (doesn't have access to better gear). Duriel for most classes is the toughest boss, just due to lack of space down there. As many rejuvs/full rejuvs you can get your hands on helps a lot. What came to mind also is how have you equipped your merc? I know when I was newer to the game this is something I didn't pay enough attention to, but it makes a world of difference.

I'm sure the OPer is already past this (at least I hope so! ), but maybe someone else in a similar situation can gain benefit.

Banned

Thank Blizzard, that regular bosses don't regenerate like Ubers. Duriel would be then a REAL pain...