Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Level 25 druid Can't beat Durial

Hello i have a level 25 druid my skills are 3 in dire wolf 1 in carrion vine 1 in heart of wolverine 5 in raven and 1 is werewolf and werewolf mastery and 1 in fissure i have an offensive merc 220 def 50 str 50 dex 51 vitality and 51 energy (I was looking at my skills while typing this i dont know them by heart)

IncGamers Member

Re: Level 25 druid Can't beat Durial

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyWalnut View Post
    Hello i have a level 25 druid my skills are 3 in dire wolf 1 in carrion vine 1 in heart of wolverine 5 in raven and 1 is werewolf and werewolf mastery and 1 in fissure i have an offensive merc 220 def 50 str 50 dex 51 vitality and 51 energy (I was looking at my skills while typing this i dont know them by heart)
    what sort of druid are you trying to build? And what equipment do you have access to? Duriel on normal is the hardest boss of the entire game including hell difficulty. I would get 1 more level, put a point in feral rage and beat him with the highest damage 2 hand weapon you can find. Also try to find some weapons with a crushing blow modifier. The Bonesnap unique maul is an excellent early game choice that will carry you through normal and a the first few acts of nightmare.

Oh and chug potions like an alcoholic

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xena1985 View Post
    what sort of druid are you trying to build? And what equipment do you have access to? Duriel on normal is the hardest boss of the entire game including hell difficulty. I would get 1 more level, put a point in feral rage and beat him with the highest damage 2 hand weapon you can find. Also try to find some weapons with a crushing blow modifier. The Bonesnap unique maul is an excellent early game choice that will carry you through normal and a the first few acts of nightmare.

Oh and chug potions like an alcoholic
    a bone helm with 13 poison resist, 108 def in my splint mail with 7% enhanced damage, 15 def in boots, 15 in gloves, 7 in my belt, 9-21 with 1 cold, 39 in my sheild with a 30% chance of block, (CHARMS) 6% poison over 3 sec in 1 charm, 4% in lightning resist, 7% lightning resist in another, 5% in lightning resist with 1 dex in another, another 6% poison over 3 sec, a 1-6 lightning damage, and a 1-2 cold damage. OH and im trying to build an elemental summoner (but now im kinda workin on a well rounded) oh and i have a 9-21 crossbow for my long range

IncGamers Member

Your build is very vague. I suggest respecing out of it and getting a fire druid- which is basically fissure+synergies. Duriel is very easy to beat with fire druid- just run around and spam fissures.

IncGamers Member

ok thanks oh and should i use my crossbow it does more damage than my ax and its long ranged

IncGamers Member

Right, it sounds like your just getting into game and your running untwinked i.e without highend gear found by other chars.
    I recommend a respec and focus exclusively on the fire tree. Shapeshifters need good gear to work in hell and summoners in particular need god like gear and many skillers to be effective in hell.

The fire druid relying on fissure and volcano is a really good way to do some untwinked magic finding in nightmare until you can afford better stuff. Either by trading on the single player forum here or on battlenet depending if your single or multiplayer. Try reading some guides here on the forum. There is no point beating a dead horse.

Adding 3 points into dire wolves will help you soak up damage in normal and get 1 point in summon grizzly ASAP. his purpose is not damage but to be a meat shield.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xena1985 View Post
    Right, it sounds like your just getting into game and your running untwinked i.e without highend gear found by other chars.
    I recommend a respec and focus exclusively on the fire tree. Shapeshifters need good gear to work in hell and summoners in particular need god like gear and many skillers to be effective in hell.

The fire druid relying on fissure and volcano is a really good way to do some untwinked magic finding in nightmare until you can afford better stuff. Either by trading on the single player forum here or on battlenet depending if your single or multiplayer. Try reading some guides here on the forum. There is no point beating a dead horse.

Adding 3 points into dire wolves will help you soak up damage in normal and get 1 point in summon grizzly ASAP. his purpose is not damage but to be a meat shield.
    I agree that fire will do him well now, but I disagree with everything else. You do not need godly gear to make the other two trees (shapeshift and summon) work. You're also misleading the OP in to thinking that fire will get him through hell, which it wont. Act 1 hell is full of fire immunes.

What i suggest, Sloppy, is 1) a full wind build or 2) a combination of fire and summon. I do agree with Xena that you should read a few guides. Here are two wind guides (one, two) and here's a summon/fire (with bow back up) guide.

IncGamers Member

my statagy for him so far is summon everything than spam fissure and my crossbow and im working on getting a ton of full rejuv. potions

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by crawlingdeadman View Post
    I agree that fire will do him well now, but I disagree with everything else. You do not need godly gear to make the other two trees (shapeshift and summon) work. You're also misleading the OP in to thinking that fire will get him through hell, which it wont. Act 1 hell is full of fire immunes.

What i suggest, Sloppy, is 1) a full wind build or 2) a combination of fire and summon. I do agree with Xena that you should read a few guides. Here are two wind guides (one, two) and here's a summon/fire (with bow back up) guide.
    We may have differing opinions on what constitues good gear. I can't see a shifter working without unique weapons with crushing blow, Jalal's ect. not godly but still high(er?) end. By working I mean killing things at a good pace and not dying.

As for the summoner..... I had one once with +10 to skills in the summon tree decent gear but no high end rune words. It was possible per se to beat hell but it was painfully slow. The wolves give you what? 3 attacks every 15 frames distributed (i.e diluted) over an entire screen in the 2k-3k range IIRC with no CB, area of effect, ect. All this for at least 60 points invested. With many skillers and + 20 total to the summon tree he might have been better. I don't know..... Necro's make better summoners with chained CE to speed things up

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

So you grant CE to a necro summoner, but you don't grant fire skills to a summoner druid and expect to compare them honestly?

They can work, if you know what you're doing.