How do you guys kill them? I seem to get them about two fifths of the time now. My technique is Dashing Strike, hit them, dashing strike, hit them, SSS, dashing strike, hit them. Anyone find a way to stun them or kill them quickly?
I used to have trouble with them too and had to call a friend to finish one off. Now I get them everytime, here are some tips:
1. If you have survivability issues, clear the area first so you can focus on him without dying in the middle.
2. Most skills that have cooldown aren't needed for him and they can only be used once before he hops off (such as SSS).
3. He can't be stunned/blinded (at least in Inferno). I did find that the Templar's charge ability works on him.
4. Most important, you need speed to catch up with him. I personally like Tempest Rush (with the increased movement speed) and WothF (with the rune that gives a small dash) in my regular build. Then when he runs off I chase him with Tempest. But FoT+Thunderclap also works.
5. Mantra of Conviction+Overawe is a good addition too if you're lacking DPS. Make sure you get the 3 seconds buff when he stops moving and you can get a few good hits.
FOT Thunderclap is actually all you need to deal with treasure goblins.
Also a useful hint ; if you see a treasure goblin don't just punch him facing towards the direction you are progressing: that will likely make him move in that direction.
it would be best if you hit him from angle opposite the direction you are progressing. thus the goblin will more often than not move in an area that is already cleared.
in normal - hell i used Cyclone strike aswell and i actually really loved that skill it works acutally too on treasure goblins.
i would suppose this would depend on your attack speed but i just spam lashing tail kick, even if they open the portal it moves them miles away from it so they have to cast another one, IF they even get to cast it cause your constantly knocking them out of play, get them up against a wall and spam it. just what works for me