Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: What's the point of Spirit Barrage?

thing is, why build around barrage, taking up slots you could spend on other passives / skills if you just can take darts and spam to your hearts content?

BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

Before I use darts I'll level a DH. Same playstyle superior damage and survivability.

Besides Phantasm is aoe, darts is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmage View Post
    Before I use darts I'll level a DH.

Besides Phantasm is aoe, darts is not.
    use bombs if you want aoe.

with the current mana system there is just no viable playstyle possible that uses a mana intensive spell as the primary attack.
    spirit barrage needs to do more damage AND a much lower mana cost and/or a mana regen revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by zUkUu View Post
    use bombs if you want aoe.

with the current mana system there is just no viable playstyle possible that uses a mana intensive spell as the primary attack.
    spirit barrage needs to do more damage AND a much lower mana cost and/or a mana regen revamp.
    Which bombs?

Just try phantasm for once, it's not that bad, I can play in early act3 with 20k dps 35k hp and crappy res/armor rating with it.

I agree that the mana system is somewhat restrictive and should be buffed but as said phantasm actually works with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmage View Post
    Which bombs?

Just try phantasm for once, it's not that bad, I can play in early act3 with 20k dps 35k hp and crappy res/armor rating with it.

I agree that the mana system is somewhat restrictive and should be buffed but as said phantasm actually works with it.
    firebombs - roll the bones.

phantasm is not worth it. the mana cost puts yourself in great danger with having not enough mana to grasp / wall / spirit walk / hex what ever. in particular grasp with PTV is a huge mana eater. phantasm takes too long, only works against stationary targets and is a dead slot if you don't have enough mana. firebombs, while not as damaging, make up for it with being spammable, having a great reach, hitting moving targets and are never a "dead slot". it's the same with darts vs barrage for single target dps. for 10% more damage it's not worth the trouble. you need darts / bomb anyway since you can't spam it and having therefore another spell cut out. all in all spirit barrage, no matter the glyph is just not "efficient".

IncGamers Member

I think the mana system works.

Spirit Barrage with the mana rune and rush of essence is cheap enough to spam. But also, Locust Swarm and Haunt are incredibly mana efficient. I am currently running with just Haunt and Sacrifice as primary skills, with Pierce the Veil, and it is working fine.

Pets are also a mana efficient damage dealer, as well as being a mana-free defence once cast - they are just not good enough at the moment. But if they were viable, mana really would be less of an issue.

It isn't *just* 10% more damage. lets see 45% for each cast with 5-7 phantasms active at a time makes 225-315% dps overall.
    Granted half of that damage isn't going to do anything, but hey that depends on your playstyle.

For grinding those mobs on the act3 walls it can be much much help.
    But I'll try if I can fit firebomb into my playstyle somehow.