Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Dashing strike suggestion

Ick, TR is indeed garbage. Its only redeeming factor is that it goes through stuff. Good for skipping stuff you could kill with another, better skill I suppose?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    Ick, TR is indeed garbage. Its only redeeming factor is that it goes through stuff. Good for skipping stuff you could kill with another, better skill I suppose?
    yes but than again why would you want to skip stuff ? ; in inferno you dont just go skipping stuff. and you also dont switch out skills because of nephalem valor.and even for other difficulties it can at best be considered gimmicky.

IncGamers Member

TR isn't there to skip stuff (it's way too expensive for that). It's good to get you out of tight spots (it's the only escape skill that can go through enemies), but if you die because you ran out of spirit two seconds later then that's not so great. :-(.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Athenau View Post
    TR isn't there to skip stuff (it's way too expensive for that). It's good to get you out of tight spots (it's the only escape skill that can go through enemies), but if you die because you ran out of spirit two seconds later then that's not so great. :-(.
    well Lashing tail kick is much better at dissolving a surround or position you / and other champs into an advantageous position. its also cheaper deals more dmg and does not require me to channel ; thus leaving me more time to hit with generator. TR can absolutely do nothing what other skills cannot do already.also i dont see myself ever getting into that tight spot you mentioned if you just play cautious. you can prevent surrounds and tight spots just by being cautious. unless its inferno and you get oneshot by somethig really fast ; in which case TR would not have helped anyway ...

they could atleast have buffed it ; maybe something like innate 50% missile reflect chance and lower spirit cost. i dunno really ; i think that that the whole concept of the skill is kinda mindboggling with the hobbing effect etc...

IncGamers Member

Lashing tail kick doesn't knock back larger enemies reliably, especially large bosses/champs. As an escape ability TR is much better. Also, there are too many boss mods that remove control from your character to claim that cautious play will prevent you from getting surrounded. There's nothing you can do if you get vortexed into the middle of a boss pack, for example. At that point tempest rush is the only skill that can get you out.

That doesn't necessarily make it worth a slot on your bar, but it does serve a niche that no other skill does.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Athenau View Post
    Lashing tail kick doesn't knock back larger enemies reliably, especially large bosses/champs. As an escape ability TR is much better. Also, there are too many boss mods that remove control from your character to claim that cautious play will prevent you from getting surrounded. There's nothing you can do if you get vortexed into the middle of a boss pack, for example. At that point tempest rush is the only skill that can get you out.

That doesn't necessarily make it worth a slot on your bar, but it does serve a niche that no other skill does.
    i have yet to meet a mob which cannot be kicked away from you ; even unburried / Horrors are no problem ; and bosses like belial can be kicked away too they even sagger which is like a stun / animation / hit cancel ; so it is absolutely reliable. in which situation wouldnt it be ? I farmed quite alot in act 1 inferno with sweeping armada and never had situation arise in which TR would have saved me.

DS does go through enemies... If you get vortexed into the middle of a pack, you can target any of them and end up behind the targeted mob. Even if you get vortexed, jailed, and desecrated/plagued, DS will get you out of trouble where no other skill besides serenity could.

I don't really like the skill, but I can't deny how useful it has been for me.

The ingenuity of Dashing Strike, is that if you're surrounded or cornered by a mob, clicking on an enemy at the edge will not only take you to him; it will place you on the opposite site of him, making your back free to run away.

I have it paired with Blinding Speed for that 20% increased chance to dodge, since I mostly need it when I'm in trouble. But it has proven to be quite useful to get to enemies that resurrect minions, elites surrounded by invulnerable minions, or just plain hard battles, where I need to take out weak/low health enemies first.

The problem with "dying because you run out of spirit" really is a moot point. If you're cornered in i fight you can't win with plain punching, you're dead with no spirit anyway.