Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Question WD and Attack Speed: When it is worth and when it is not?

Hi guys,

1) Im currently playing with this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...PcT!ZeW!aacbaZ and recently bought AS Neck/Rings and a Mojo/Dagger set. I only swap Gargantuan for a tottem when Im playing in group.

I am really enjoying it, but i noticed a really bad setback on this build. Because i spam so hard the splinters, in boss fights/elite groups i find myself always low on mana... close to the fact that i cant even use the darts (lol).

The question is, what should i change on my build to make it work better? Remove bats and putting mana spiders on its place? Change the passives? I must say, I like the possibility of having fetish army and passive because they are a really good diversion... i wont get mobs agro with them up. The other thing i could change is gargantuan... should i change it instead of bats and get a mana regen thing?

2) Another thing. Do WD get good along with "life on hit" items? Is there any good value to be a good start?

Re: WD and Attack Speed: When it is worth and when it is not?

With regards to the "life on hit" part: I've found it nearly impossible to survive in Inferno without Life Leech (% damage converted to life). The "Life on hit" isn't as good IMO because in the higher difficulties you have so much HP that having even +100 life on hit doesn't even make a dent in the 30k+ life that you have. So examine how much damage you do, and then figure out if you are at the point where you are consistently doing enough damage so that the % life conversion outshines the life on hit.

IncGamers Member

Just so you know, lifesteal in general is reduced by 80% in inferno (!!!), I don't know if it affects Life On Hit as well. say, you have 3.0% lifesteal, it's actually only 0.6% on inferno. When you deal 30k single target damage, you should be leeching 900 life per hit, but instead you leech only 180. Just something to think about.

IncGamers Member

Ty for the reply. I have 20k DPS... its a bit low yet... % on damage converted to life items wont be good yet i think...

Im more concerned about the mana problem... parties are a bit hard for me because i run oom pretty fast. I really like my build... but I dont know where should I adjust it.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by reflexii View Post
    Just so you know, lifesteal in general is reduced by 80% in inferno (!!!), I don't know if it affects Life On Hit as well. say, you have 3.0% lifesteal, it's actually only 0.6% on inferno. When you deal 30k single target damage, you should be leeching 900 life per hit, but instead you leech only 180. Just something to think about.
    That really sucks. =|

That does really suck...I haven't really noticed it though honestly. I've been running a searing locust build in A1 and I'm getting tons of health pack on the big packs where it really matters. Where did you get the figures for lifesteal being reduced by that much Novaes?

IncGamers Member

reddit fellas tested it

IncGamers Member

Wasnt me.... reflexxi brought up the data... if it is true, then this is so lame =(

Quote Originally Posted by novaes View Post
    Wasnt me.... reflexxi brought up the data...
    So it was, my apologies =)