Malevolent Act1 -N
    pharphis
    one nOOb to rule them all WillBeDeadSoon Berserk Barb Act2 Q1 20
    Jason Maher
    djmbbandie Insanum Necro/Bone only A1-Q3 12
    TrubbaNot
    jiansonz
    RuddyC

I completely owned Andariel with use of an antidote potion, I have no idea why I have never thought to use them before. I mean like ever in all the years I have played this game. I can honestly say I had no idea antidote and thawing potions boosted your resistances. I might have to keep 1 of each in my tp slot on my belt. No longer shall I fear cold enchanted enemies dying.

Re: The Compilation Tournament- Game Thread

^Aha same here. I only learned about it a few months ago. *sigh*
    Also, i thought we were allowed to purchase one tome for TPs? So you don't have to go crazy.

edit:

Last edited by pharphis; 28-05-2012 at 12:19.

Forum Name
    Char Name
    Class/Build
    Progress
    Level
    Malevolent Act1 -N
    pharphis
    Jason Maher
    TrubbaNot
    jiansonz
    RuddyC Kofi_BinEntilif NoVita Ranger A1-Q5 16

I opted for a No Vita ranger pally. will see how long it can last. Not doing full clears, things die surprisingly fast with holy fire even at p8, got to 16 in around an hour of play. Countess gave up an Ith, quickly inserted into a 3os bow.
    3 S/Us already with 0%MF , inlcuding two grailers (Pelat Lunata and Rixot's) + an Infernal Cap.

What happens if we break the rules? coz Im already seeing multiple breaches of rule #6

IncGamers Member One nOOb to rule them all's Avatar

I know I am guilty of at least 1 of those breaches. Although, I could go back and edit all my posts and say I have no ide what you are talking about.

Didn't have time to play over the weekend. Spending time with the family for most of it. I will try to progress a bit more tomorrow.

Few questions:

1-Rule 19 regarding tome of town portal. Does this rule apply to Tome of Identification? Or are we free to buy tomes + scrolls from townsfolk?

2- Rule 20 regarding charms. So once we hit 30 we must discard all charms unless it has both a prefix and suffix correct? So what happens from level 30 all the way to 60? Can we equip any charm we want then repeat the process again at 60 (i.e discard charms unless they have both prefix/suffix)?

3- Rule 17 regarding gambling. So our character can only gamble once our gold stash reaches $200,000 in normal correct? So does that mean in order for us to gamble our stash must be > or equal to $200,000? Or once we reach that amount of gold we can gamble for the whole difficulty regardless of how much gold we have stashed? Same goes for Nightmare and Hell.

Thanks!

BattleTag Mal-6857

ID tomes are unlimited

AT lvl 30 and 60 you must discard all one affix charms, however you are free to collect them inbetween and after as you wish

No you may gamble before that, it's just when you reach that you MUST gamble.

I am about halfway through act 2, my internet is half-dead so i wont update very often but ill try to check for questions as much as i can.

!

there was no smiley in that post, i wish i hadnt made that rule because nobody follows it!

So you can (sort of) circumvent rule #17 by gambling as-you-go reasonably often?
    It would be the sensible thing to do in the late game - I do not want to go below a reserve of 300k or so for merc resurrections (or hirings, as it were. But hirings are cheaper, right? Or is it just about the same?).

Anyway, I am going to play a Lightning/Hydra Sorc named Fiera. She will probably team up with Defiance and/or Prayer guards, or maybe Cold Rogues (trying to get another one down for my merc dodecavirate - although the HC merc rule may make this a daft thing to try in this particular tourney...).

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

That was pretty much the idea I had in mind when I wrote the rule. I was going to set limits lower but 63000 for an amulet is too much.

Insanum will continue his journey later today.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    But hirings are cheaper, right? Or is it just about the same?).
    IIRC, new hirings are cheaper. Not so cheap though, I've seen mercs selling for 40K+, whereas cap for resurrecting is fixed at 50K. Not picking gold to go over the limit also is a way to avoid that rule

Done with Act 1, Andy killed the merc, time to change to a desert guard (leaning towards prayer atm). She dropped a Gull dagger. 5 S/Us in total in one act with zero MF.

Wow, RuddyC! What good luck!

I plan to join in with someone named Melange. I hope to be able to keep track of all the rules and avoid being disqualified on a rules violation

Melange at first thought will probably be a sorceress with Enchant and probably a ranged spell of some kind. Still thinking and I have to leave in 3 minutes but I meant to post hours ago & had to close the window & focus on work... so here's my hasty post!

edit Started Melange. I wonder whether Enchant & Charged Bolt will play nicely together. Kashya & I can hardly believe she's defeated Blood Raven! At Stony WP, L9 - open slot is currently amulet.

Let's see whether I can break the table!!!!!!

[QUOTE=RuddyC;8330030]
    Forum Name
    Char Name
    Class/Build
    Progress
    Level
    Malevolent Act1 -N
    pharphis
    Jason Maher
    TrubbaNot Melange Sorc - Enchanting Charged Boltress Act1Normal
    at Stony WP (just defeated Blood Raven)
    jiansonz
    RuddyC Kofi_BinEntilif NoVita Ranger A1-Q5 16

Last edited by TrubbaNot; 02-06-2012 at 03:39. Reason: added table, progress