Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Same level rare has +300 damage and +100 intel over legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    Where do you see the ilvl?
    It isn't shown in game. You can go look on diablonut for the item level of legendaries.

As for the mace, you can tell it is ilevel 63 from the following clues:
    - Its graphic
    - Elemental damage affixes have 14 levels, and +591 means it can only be the 14th level of the affix (where the max ranges from 334-667), and the 14th level only shows up on ilevel 63 items.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloid View Post
    This can't be intended:

http://i50.tinypic.com/rcprvl.jpg

The rare has +300 damage, +100 intelligence and +40 durability.

I can accept that some legendaries are not necessarily better than rare/magic, but this is plainly ridiculous, makes me wonder why there are legendaries at all in this game.
    Working as intended. Extremely rare items that are deemed "legendary" should be vastly weaker than magical items bought at your common merchant.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Incidentally, I find the way that weapon types don't matter at all in D3 to be quite annoying. Barbs and Monks should not be using daggers and toothpicks as melee weapons. Wizards and WDs should not be using bows and huge 2H clubs as casting weapons. Sadly, the removal of any stat reqs for items and the nonsense of swing rate = casting speed and all damage yielding from weapon DPS obscures all of that.
    I thought they said they tried restricting the item types first, and they found out that nobody can ever find a weapon they can use, so they changed it. I think what they need to do is to make certain class based mods only spawn on certain items, so that while you can cast with a big 2-handed club, it will probably suck compared to a good wand.

Problem being that legendaries, as of right now, are much, much, much rarer than ideal rares. That concept worked in Diablo 2 because, well, ideal rares were much rarer than uniques.

This is not the case in Diablo 3.

By the time you actually find a legendary, you most likely have something better to laugh it off with.

Earlier arguments are invalid. Regardless of ilvl, Wizardspike is still considered top end legendary in Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TarnishedHope View Post
    Problem being that legendaries, as of right now, are much, much, much rarer than ideal rares.
    You really love saying things you have absolutely no basis for, don't you? For such an item to drop, it has to be 1. of the highest item quality 2. have the right affixes 3. have the highest possible category of the tier affix and 4. roll high values within that tier affix. To get lucky enough to jump through all 4 of those hoops is VERY difficult. A legendary doesn't deal with steps 2 and 3, because (most) of its affixes and affix tiers are already set - it is just the values within that tier that can vary some.

I've found 3 legendaries. I've found zero rares of that quality or anything approaching it (look at the AH and see which is easier to find).

While numbers for most of the legendaries should be changed, that doesn't justify you lying or making things up just because you feel like complaining.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    It isn't shown in game. You can go look on diablonut for the item level of legendaries.

As for the mace, you can tell it is ilevel 63 from the following clues:
    - Its graphic
    - Elemental damage affixes have 14 levels, and +591 means it can only be the 14th level of the affix (where the max ranges from 334-667), and the 14th level only shows up on ilevel 63 items.
    I see, thank you for the information.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    You really love saying things you have absolutely no basis for, don't you?

I've found 3 legendaries. I've found zero rares of that quality or anything approaching it (look at the AH and see which is easier to find).

While numbers for most of the legendaries should be changed, that doesn't justify you lying or making things up just because you feel like complaining.
    you also have no basis for your statements
    just because you've found zero rares of that quality doesn't mean that's average for everyone else
    maybe you've just been extremely unlucky
    and telling him to look in the AH is dumb
    just because we can't find those items on the AH doesn't mean they aren't being found
    it could mean that people are using them instead of selling them

maybe he's right, maybe you're right
    but you have no justification for calling him a liar