Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Wots yer build?

BattleTag MagpieMcGraw-2483

Re: Wots yer build?

@Snicker: I have a very similar build. Thought I was being clever by using wrenching smash with ancient hammer and a high crit chance, but apparently you've thought of it allready. I'm hoping to make a video to show my character off, since he does use pretty neat skill for maximum synergy.

I uploaded a video of my version of the build:
    Hammer of the Anciet Spear

EDIT:
    I've been leveling my witch doctor through normal, and found a combination of skills that seems to work amazing, even on mp10. It involves using soul harvest(siphon) to get crazy DPS, and then exploding group of monsters with zombie dogs. Also using Vampire Bats to kill things when dogs aren't available.

Here is a short video of it: Dog 'sploder

Here is a link to the skill setup: Skills
    Last edited by Pijus; 01-11-2012 at 14:46.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Well, I also thought I was being clever, but apparently this build has been floating around the barb forum for a while as well. I've been using it for a while though, so I will continue to think of myself as clever.

I really like how you're using Ancient Spear instead of a standard fury generator. I'm using Bash - Punish because it gets my dps over 60k after Battle Rage, but without WotB. I'll have to try the spear out.

Edit: I almost forgot: you crit chance it just ridiculous. I need to get mine that high.

Hi, everyone!

I'm trying something I don't know if it's working, but since it sounds cool and hipster and old school...

Maybe tommorrow, the good lord will take you... (Aerosmith reference). Lost focus. Recovered. Maybe tommorow or sunday the profile will be updated.

Tal Armor + Tal Belt + SoJ = At runner? Nope. Fire doctor. The main expensive problem is the weapon, since you want it to be fast (aka 1h) and have decent dps for... every damaging skill. The rest of the gear can come super-cheap (iirc, I spent more on IK boots - which I use due to Int, Vit, AR and movement speed - than on the rest of the gear.

The hero link. (Should be up sunday/late saturday - use the first link for the build). This char does MF runs on act 3 MP 0. Maybe he can do key runs on MP 3, maybe more (I kinda tank the act 3 warden at MP0)

You kinda don't need to aim your mouse skills, which is useful for playing thinking on something else (relationships, RL work, "crazyest year evear" - you name it)/dodging mortars. Problem is that firebombs isn't that useful against elite packs - that's where soj come in.

WD fire dmg sojs are cheap. I found ok tal belts for less than 50k and the cheap tal armors can be found under 2mi (which I got doing a few runs, selling trash and a couple star rubies). My cheap lacuny was kinda lucky deal, since it has MF, int and vit - low, but for 100k. The IK boots are there, actually, because I can't afford better boots right now. huge Vit/75+ AR/MF and 12& move speed are my goal on those (using topazes on the ring and ammy, since this isn't HC).

Explanations:

Soul harvest - area damage. Yes, it makes your fire skills better.
    Spirit Walk - how you reach the aforementioned "area". Also, avoiding nasty attacks (mallet lords, butchers, key wardens, etc.)
    Horrify - Run faster.
    Gargantuan - If you have insane DPS and don't need a tank, mass confusion/paranoia can make your DPS even more insane. Fetish Army seems to work well. Actually, it's a "source" of stunning.

I don't know if the fire damage from the partial tals work for WD skills (it seems to), but since the armor is good for a firebomb build and the belt was 30k...

I plan to expand the build, getting a 1k-ish dps echoing fury (fear, attacks per second, etc.) and a Ukhapian Serpent for the off-hand. That will take a time, since I'll likely look for vit/life% on serpent and a socket/decent int on echoing fury (1k dps is expensive itself, btw)

Edit: inspired by this thread on WD forums

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by Pijus View Post
    What do you use to record your videos? I was thinking of recording my own. Maybe they will help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronScarpia View Post
    woooooo, that's a long post. I'll be sure to read it, and if I have anything to say, I'll post.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by BaronScarpia View Post
    getting a 1k-ish dps echoing fury
    You can use mine if you want. I'm not using it. The main stat is dex, and i'm not too into my monk now.

Strange... I remember replying to this yesterday.

Thanks for the offer, but the things are working and, after some upgrades/sidegrades I need int/vit more than weapon dps.

This is the general idea: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...45/hero/954277

I was even considering a socketed Sultan of Idr Sands - unique axe - for killing speed, but I was afraid to lose the vit (I don't need it now, but I don't want to be too far from uber specs)

BattleTag MagpieMcGraw-2483

@Snicker: I use Dxtory. It's abit more costly than Fraps, but it's well worth it.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by Pijus View Post
    @Snicker: I use Dxtory. It's abit more costly than Fraps, but it's well worth it.
    I put a few hours into trying to get the demo version to work, but I can't. Maybe I'll try again sometime.

On Topic:

I've been toying around with getting a functioning Tempest Rush build going, and I found that I don't like to use TR and Sweeping Wind. Two big spirit spenders is too much without putting passives into spirit storage/regen (though I may try that route later). The result:

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skillPlanner/TW9uays2MCs5NjAxOSs5NjMxMSs2OTEzMCsxMjE0NDIrOTU1Nz IrOTYyMTUrUnVuZV9BK1J1bmVfQStSdW5lX0MrUnVuZV9CK1J1 bmVfQStSdW5lX0MrMjA5NjI4KzIxODQxNSsyMDk2NTYrMQ==

I've also thought about trying to replace Serenity since I don't need it much. When TR is your only spender, you always have enough spirit.

(For some reason, the skill thing wants to display vertically only....)
    Last edited by SnickerSnack; 12-01-2013 at 20:09.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Helix-1260

Last week I started working on my barb to get him to level 60 after finding 5 pieces of the IK set over time with my monk (just missing the chest armor). In D2 the IK set was ultimately cool to me and WW even cooler (though I eventually swapped it out for much better runeword gear after finding lots of good runes). Anyway, when I first hit level 60 I slapped all the IK gear on him and only had like 48k damage and about 30k of life which was a little disheartening to me. I found I could squeeze a bit more DPS out of the gear with a different amulet, ring, and shoulders. Then I set some skills up for WW and it just didn't have the same fun factor to me that it did in D2, so I set out reading about different skills and trying them out.

After running the keywardens enough for 5 infernal machines, this is the build that fits my style of play the most and it is very survivable for me at MP5 (I made a few MP7 runs also but I died more and it took longer than I wanted to killing stuff), being a good balance of offense and defense I believe.

Left Mouse Button: Bash/Punish for fury regen.
    Right Mouse Button: Hand of the Ancients/Thunderstroke for dealing lots of damage and stun for defense while I'm in a crowd. Will probably swap Thunderstroke rune for Smash rune when fighting ubers for more damage.

1. Warcry/Impunity for extra armor and resistances.
    2. Battle Rage/Marauder's Rage for loads of extra damage.
    3. Wrath of the Berserker/Insanity for dealing LOADS of extra damage to elite/boss packs plus extra dodge chance for a few seconds.
    4. Rend/Blood Lust. This to me is the coolest skill I've used. It deals TONS of damage over 5 seconds and also heals you a ton, and the more bad guys around you the more healing you get.

Passives:
    Unforgiven for extra fury regen. I can't stand seeing my fury bulb at or near empty for long periods of time.
    Nerves of Steel for extra armor protection.
    Ruthless for extra crit chance and damage. I had this as Bloodthirst for a long time but realized I didn't need the extra life steal because Rend took care of that and I'm pretty sure the extra damage from Ruthless gave me extra life steal via Rend.

Anyway, I hit Rend every couple of seconds during a fight to keep my health bulb up and take lots of health away from the monsters who are all over me while smashing the crap out of them with Bash and HOTA. I would like to be able to use Ground Stomp for stuns also, but there isn't enough room and the stun from HOTA/Thunderstrike works pretty well.

I also tried this setup while substituting the IK helm, belt, and boots for higher damage gear and it worked pretty well too, though it wasn't quite as survivable due to less life and less resistances with the gear I had, and fury was more of an issue without the 5 piece bonus of the IK set. A couple of substitutions of passives would help offset this I think, and I'll probably try it later.

Anyway, I have yet to try the ubers with my new barb, but he actually can farm keys better than my monk on a higher MP level. Critical hits with HOTA are upwards of 600k, but I haven't noticed what they are with Wrath of the Berserker active.
    Last edited by Helx; 19-01-2013 at 06:27.

BattleTag mordell-1747

@Helx: I'll have to try using Rend instead of Groundstomp. If you use Into the Fray instead of Marauder's Rage, you can spam HotA much better.

New(ish) build:

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...syMTgxOTErMQ==

Battlenet Profile here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/m...7/hero/5159802

This is the second iteration of this build. Some weeks or months ago, I found a Maximus. Since then I've been running a fire based witch doctor.

With this version, Sacrifice with Circle of Life and lots of +radius really makes the build sing. Wait until you have 3 dogs, which doesn't take long, then blast them, repeat. Due to the rune on Sacrifice, this also means you have +15% damage at all times. This 2 skill combo can be added to any build, but it works best if you have a decent amount of +radius.

The rune on Spirit Walk changes the gameplay a bit since now you want to be next to mobs when you hit it. It's best used as only an escape skill, but you can still use it to move into a pack. With Grave Injustice, this can be used like a WD's Seven-Sided-Strike Lite, but without the 30 second cool down.

If you have a WD, but don't like kiting, try this build out.
    Last edited by SnickerSnack; 09-03-2013 at 15:45.