Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wots yer build?

Re: Wots yer build?

This is my current barb. Inferno butcher is dead and the start of inferno isn't as bad as people are telling. Did die a number of times but it was when I played with a friend and his wizard (the wizard died 10x more ).

My stats and skills:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I love revenge, its a must have for every barb. Also big up for juggernaut for the extra heal and cc reduction. Otherwise nothing much else to say.

Gearwise everything can be improved, but bar one ring most of it is quite decent.

BattleTag mordell-1747

I've been using a short range build using Spectral Blades: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gdO!fab!ZbaZcY

It's pretty durable for elite packs, only dying about half the time.

I'm playing a WD, currently in A3 NM.

L: something spammable. Currently Splinter, although I'm also partial to Rain of Toads. Especially for big enemies that don't move a lot (e.g., Belial, Tremors).
    R: Groping Eels. Usually replaced by Consuming Spirit for bosses.
    1: fire dogs. But starting with A3 NM, I find myself waiting for their cooldown more often than I'd like (even with Jungle Fortitude and Zombie Handler). So I'm considering replacing these.
    2: Siphon. Soul Harvest still provides a big boost to damage, and the life steal makes up for the relatively short range.
    3: Pestilence. One of my favourite skills, mainly due to it's versatility. Incredibly effective against large groups.
    4: Big Stinker. Just replaced Restless Giant, and I'm liking it (although giant looked cooler).

So basically, I'm going for massive AoE DoT. Great against large groups and enemies that require a lot of evasion. Not as good against things that'll hit you anyway. For example, elite packs of those tongue-lashing demons kill me a lot.

A little update on my semi-twinked wizzard. He's now level 52 (A1 Hell) with 18k DPS and 24k HP (vit/int items are getting a little bit expensive so I have not updated since level 40-something, also wearing level 16 rings/amulet). If I had more gold I'd buy one of those level 50 1.4k DPS weapons for some overkill.

The build (Archon): http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XjS!Ygb!bbbaaZ

Electrocute (Lightning blast): I rarely use it because I'm mostly in Archon form
    Disintegrate (Volatility)/Ray of Frost (Snow Blast)/Arcane Orb: My main spammers for packs/bosses when Archon is on CD
    Archon (Reduced CD rune) - Since everything dies pretty damn fast in decently populated areas I'm able to maintain Archon for a really long time and if it drops it's usually ready to be used again.
    Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell)/Teleport (Wormhole): It's usually Teleport so I can cover large distances with ease but I do have Diamond Skin from time to time.
    Familiar (Sparkflint)/Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)/Glass Cannon/Critical Mass/Evocation: Damage and cooldown reduction.

I have not played D3 since posting in this thread but now that I got in the mood again I still find him a blast. I'm also glad that I was able to twink him for Hell as well and if I can gather the gold by then I'll certainly try to do it in Inferno.

IncGamers Member

My Monk is currently playing Demon Hunter spec :/

This is a "melee sucks" post. I could farm A1 on my Monk for maybe 200k per run or whatever, but it seems smarter to switch to DH and find some part of A3 in which to kill stuff.

Wizard, currently level 42 in NM Act 2. Playing self found and very undergeared
    My skills... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WeYlmf!bXW!Zabaaa
    Mostly a cold build ATM, but I have been swapping skills and runes very often, getting a feel for how they all work and seeing how I like to play.

I'm on act 2 NM. With my Demon Hunter (sp running Zoltun Kulle)
    Essentially, I'm playing a Boba Fett build (overleveled guy, in heavy armor, shoting countless rockets). I plan to hit hell tommorow since I'm levelling there and buying gear from AH.

Last edited by BaronScarpia; 04-06-2012 at 00:06. Reason: original post sounded bad

BattleTag UnclePain-1924

Currently playing a DH, lvl 44 in NM act 2. Probably a tad overleveled from item farming, but she's holding up well as a result of it all.

Skillset: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Tkl!bYe!YZbZZZ

Frost arrow seems to be a really good mob-thrashing skill, at least for the time being.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by Painman View Post
    Currently playing a DH, lvl 44 in NM act 2. Probably a tad overleveled from item farming, but she's holding up well as a result of it all.

Skillset: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Tkl!bYe!YZbZZZ

Frost arrow seems to be a really good mob-thrashing skill, at least for the time being.
    Do you have Companion on 4? If not, don't you think it'd be better to have it out of the way since you only cast it after loading the character and after deaths?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerSnack View Post
    Do you have Companion on 4? If not, don't you think it'd be better to have it out of the way since you only cast it after loading the character and after deaths?
    Your question wasn't aimed at me, but sometimes while I've been levelling characters as I've been swapping skills in and out I've had companions, summons, long lasting abilities on "better" keys (I use ASDF, have had summons on A and S at times). Eventually I get around to sorting it out, but I suppose while I'm levelling I've tended to keep everything else in place so I'm not having to relearn keybinds just to have to change everything a couple of levels later.

That said, I'm starting to get some standards. S is my immunity key (i.e. Serenity, Smoke Screen), A is a healing key (Shadow Power, Breath of Heaven). D is a summon key (Mystic Ally, Zombie Dogs, Familiar). I try to relegate F to being passive, but that doesn't always work out, it activates my Mantra, but I spam my mantra for increased effect/healing on spirit spent, and Barb shouts have to be recast occasionally.

I guess its just a general thing, something inherited from playing WOW where I tried to have keys do similar things across multiple characters. My ` key interrupted on every character with an interrupt for several years, 5 is a charge style ability on every melee, Z is the fast heal on every healer. At times I was actively raiding on 2, 3, maybe 5 charactes (Trial of Champions says hello) or running daily dungeons on 8. It probably helped to mindlessly flip between characters in the small hours without necessarily having to actually THINK about what ability I was pressing.