Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Thread: finite stash

BattleTag mordell-1747

finite stash

Anyone else having a really hard time adjusting to a finite stash?

Of course, those who played d2 so vanilla that they didn't even use atma might not mind the d3 stash at all.

I have two tabs with all rows available, and I'm now saving for the third. I wish there were more tabs, though. I think 5 is much more reasonable than 3, and you'll also notice that there's room for more. The graphics seem designed for 6 tabs.

BattleTag MagpieMcGraw-2483

Re: finite stash

I've got 4 slots used up at the start of act2. Not a problem yet. The drop rates for rares and uniques are so nonexistant that I don't have anything to stash.

BattleTag mordell-1747

I'm a packrat (as evidenced by my 16k+ items in atma/gomule). I'm also saving items for the classes I haven't started yet, and I'm mping with my brother, so I have reason to save even more items that look good. Sigh.

Also, rare drops really pick up starting in act 3.

It's bothersome for sure, but I didn't have much expectations. I'm just glad they implemented muling and I'll try and get used to it. Hopefully this will help cure the packrat side of me.
    Though once you start getting multiple stacks of crafting materials and assorted gems of all qualities, I felt a bit crammed between that and my saved gear. I'm still on the first page though...
    I did start saving all decent items I found for other characters, but I think that's a bit unreasonable so I decided to focus on my current side-char and then just save really good gear for now.

BattleTag nswhorse-1450

They'll probably double it in the expansion like they did in D2.

It's on the small side of "just right" for my playstyle. What I'll find really annoying about it is when I want to restart, I'll find that I'll have a full stash and a mound of gold to start with.... that or I'll have to cough up the going rate for the game when I do for a clean start. They need to patch in a way for us to wipe our accounts.

IncGamers Member

I would hate to have to sell a set or legendary item. That's just not acceptable.

At least for a good while that wont be a problem... it's saving stuff for "future" characters that takes up a lot of space. For me, I'm keeping a really nice set of generic leveling gear and a few odds and ends. The rest of my one tab is devoted to transfers and short term storage.

IncGamers Member

I've had to do a lot of juggling but I haven't had a problem.

Putting levelling gear on level 1 characters works out well. And now that the AH is full of stuff I find its almost pointless for me to keep any levelling gear unless it is amazing. There are always top-notch bargains to be had.

Of course it is early days. I don't feel like I've found more than one or two really good items, I've AHed a couple others, and they're all in use. I feel my stash is full of stuff I could sell and would never miss.