I've seen only bits and pieces of peoples' opinions on the new D3 SPF forum since the game came out and am curious to see more of what you think about it.
I realize it's early yet, and things may change in time, but to start off here's my preliminary list in no particular order (possible SPOILER ALERT):
- Nice graphics and animation
- Dark atmosphere
- Some old, familiar faces from D2
- Freshness of the game (being in unfamiliar with it still)
- New characters (Monk, DH, WD)
- Morons aren't as moronic now
The "Not as Much" Category
- OFFLINE Mode (goes without saying)
- Missing lots of my favorite skills from D2
- Skill Tree customization and "builds"
- Level 85 areas--just started NM today and not sure if there are good farming areas yet...
- I really miss the old rune system
- Storyline seems restricted and scripted (linear)
- Achievements?...reminds me of Xbox games
Overall, though, I'm really enjoying it and having fun leveling my monk, wizard, and barb.