Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 154 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Re: HC Barbs!.. How are you guys doing?

Quote Originally Posted by oOmpie View Post
    Like I posted in the other thread, my ba(r)b(e) is @ start of A3 and lvl 25.
    Have to be careful that I don't get cocky though... She's a fantastic tank right now, but somewhere out there IS a hard hitting pack waiting for me. So I think I'll farm A2 for a bit more and overlevel as far as possible.
    Any builds, stats, tactics for us? Big gratz btw.

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Pretty standard low lvl build tbh, but in case anybody's interested:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XViT!aY!aaaa.a

Spear and shield now, but only acquired the spear from the AH after beating Belial. I was playing in a decent group so she was built/played to Leap in and cleave/slam/revenge to keep the others safe and dish out some damage, quake purely for champ/boss packs. Belial was just a matter of staying away from the greens. Gear was all selffound (until I acquired the spear) and mostly rares with some blues: gear is focussed on vit 1st/str 2nd/ias 3rd. Just over 2k life I think.

When soloing I used to run Hammer instead of Seismic so far for a little burst dps, but now that I have a better weap I might stick with Seismic, I've grown quite fond of it. Tried Reaping cleave, but Rupture is just too good a mob killer for now and I never run out of Fury anyway.

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Quote Originally Posted by DeluksZ View Post
    That's gonna be faceroll I feel sorry for Diablo.
    Wow yeah, I smoked Diablo pretty badly. That was a cakewalk. On to Nightmare!

Eschew obfuscation!

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Quote Originally Posted by ZappaFan View Post
    Great, I know what to aim for then

BattleTag SiegeValgore-1984

Haha! I knew this would happen. I downed Diablo when I was level 31, 280dps and 4k Life, lol.

I don't know guys, I must be doing something terribly wrong. I'm still alive, just dinged 32, pushing through Act 1 NM. I only have 281dps and just under 5k Life. I went into the Damp Cellar or whatever it is in the first part of act 1 NM, there was a jailor in there. I NOPED the heck out of there when he hit me once for half health. I'm still alive, but I won't be for long if I don't get some better gear. Then again, I think my build might suck something fierce. I'll have to check it when I get home.

IncGamers Member

Im still swapping skills around to test stuff out. Dont think any skillset is set in stone.

Atm Im a lvl 53 barby. Shes slowly progressing through Hell act 1, but Im quite scared of hitting the wrong bosspack. Yesterday, my friends and I, encountered a walling, arcane enchanted, molten pack. It made me thank whatever God Diablo hasnt killed yet that I got leap on my spellbar.

Few tips however:
    - Have leap. As said above, it helps you stay alive. Also, it looks ubercool when people have to walk around that hole which you just lept over. Awesome points +10. Dont use it to engage tho.
    - Always have a kitepath behind you. Clear wherever you walk fully. Dont leave some stupid mob behind, cause when you are running with 10% hp, you dont want to get nailed by that skipped mob.
    - If you dont feel save, dont play around I still have trouble doing this myself, but after yesterdays butt clinching progress, I did take a step back.
    - I only pick up the red globs I need, so when I need the before mentioned kitepath, its filled with some reds to pick up a long the way.
    - DPS on your wpn is very important. I would go as far as saying you can skip most other stats if the upgrade in dps is noteworthy.

Leap is indeed one of the best skill to have in HC. I don't use it now, but as soon as I can use it with a stun it will be total awesome. Most people use it with Iron Impact (which is reasonable), but (i think) after lvl51 u can have rune it to stun, which is 3 sec ZERO dmg, instead of 4 sec reduced dmg (which is, in higher armor numbers, is not that high anyway). Also with stun you can interrupt, but with Iron Impact you can't. That is (and 30% revenge) are the 2 100% skills on my spellbar I'll never leave out. The best thing in Leap is that you can jump between platfroms levels. Although in D3 mobs AI is very good, it still gives you plently of time if you can jump high up or low down.

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

I switched out Leap in favor of Ignore Pain. I alternate Ground Stomp (Wrenching Smash to draw them in) and Threatening Shout with the occasional Revenge proc and Ignore Pain if I get in any sort of trouble - which has been rarely so far since I've been staying leveled pretty well for the area I'm working. I love it when I have Ground Stomp ready and Revenge procs... Stomp, draw them in, and hit Revenge. Very effective. When it's a bunch of smaller monsters and Stomp is still in CD, I'll just stand there and let them swarm me until Revenge lights up just so I can Stomp first. Great fun! I think my high mark is 30 kills.

Eschew obfuscation!

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

Am I the only one who prefers Charge over Leap? At 59 it can be runed to instantly restore life in big packs and is great escape skill.

I switched out Leap in favor of Ignore Pain.
    That was what I did also. I kept Threatening Shout and got Ignore instead of Leap. Although I'm pretty sure I'll change Threatening Shout to Leap once again I can stun with it for the above mentioned reasons. Another stun combined with our best and most mible escaping skill is just priceless. I hope I won't need it till the appropriate level.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers Charge over Leap? At 59 it can be runed to instantly restore life in big packs and is great escape skill.
    Runninog INTO great packs when you have low hp in order to restore it seems extremely dangerous to me Charge is a straight line rush with a moment of freez at the end, with a small radius and without the ability to jump between levels. I think it is far from Leap in terms of escaping.