Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Diay-1544

Re: HC Barbs!.. How are you guys doing?

I did the same in my softcore playthrough, but in HC i'm dumping all my money into upgrading my blacksmith.. in the long run that will payoff more I think. That leaves very little to buy the overpriced gear on the AH and most of what i've spent has been on weapons.

My weap: http://i.imgur.com/VYQRz.jpg

IncGamers Member

Level 55 barbarian in a1 hell and at first it really felt like hitting a brick wall, I was murdering all through NM though. This was my build up until hell: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YVP!Zbe!aZaZaZ

Not the best AoE but I was playing with friends who had more than enough AoE to handle that, I just killed bosses in seconds

Quote Originally Posted by omgmir View Post
    I did the same in my softcore playthrough, but in HC i'm dumping all my money into upgrading my blacksmith.. in the long run that will payoff more I think. That leaves very little to buy the overpriced gear on the AH and most of what i've spent has been on weapons.

My weap: http://i.imgur.com/VYQRz.jpg
    That's a nice damage indeed. Although it laks stats. I don't really think that upgrading the blacksmith is important till you can buy way better stuff for way cheaper then your blacksmith could ever dream of making. I plan to make him "bigger" as soon as the AH don't allowe me to get my gear from there. He is at lvl4 i think (it now need 15k gold and 5 pages to upgrade). I have never used him although, only for salvaging. I really think you should start saving up money for AH.

BattleTag Diay-1544

That's backwards logic.

Choice 1) Items from AH
    Choice 2) Upgrading Blacksmith

If you die, only one of these things will save over to your next char.. hint, its not the items you bought off the AH. Playing HC, you're playing your stash, not your char. The Smith is part of your stash by my logic, might as well upgrade him early and often. But then you said you already have him at level 4 and need items from nightmare to upgrade him further so you obviously upgraded him anyway and you're doing fine.

I have a level 29 barbarian in act III and I'm having real problems.
    How you guys deal with elemental damage? I find myself nice agains mobs, but the ones with fire damage or posion damage or the like are almost killing me every time. I only got 160 DPS and 3200 life or so. Bad gear too.

Do you guys take int gear for elemental resists or how do you do? I feel a little scared to progress, I just killed the first boss of act 3, that gloom-or-so, and going outside the fortress is impossible for me due to those kinds of damage the outside monsters have in mass.

No deaths yet, but I'm starting to find the game hard just now because of thar.
    Any idea to help, or it's just lack of gear?

As an aside question, why don't you all use Earthquake? It's awesome every time I find a boss monster, and even in final bosses.

Thanks

PS: sorry my bad English.

Last edited by Valmy; 20-05-2012 at 18:09.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Im Not doing very well aparantly. Just killed my 3rd HC barbarian. This time I was at Bastions Keep and level 24, a 3 pack of Blue Bosses mobbed me and I didnt have a potion available. Im going to try a Witch Dr next I think because I cant stay alive with the barbarian I guess..

BattleTag Tinker-1222

Valmy - I think your gear is the problem. It seems like your damage and life are too low. I'd shop the AH a bit and see if you can't find a stronger weapon and some armor that adds to vita and str. You might also consider grinding a bit if you are worried that you might die in your current area.

Your english is fine so don't worry about it

Act III can be a problem, yes. Valmy, it's about your gear. And the mobs with the larg hands and the poison pools will kill everybody in few seconds if the person does not paying attention. Even with my 4500+ hp I felt like a glasscannon when some fo them tried to tickle my toes. Later in the act (after the Siegebreaker) it get even scaryer. Act 3 is a real ***** but the best act so in my opinion.

IncGamers Member

Lvl50 in Act 3 NM going strong using this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YTk!bYX!ZZaZZb

Haven't had any real problems yet, then again I have like 4000 armor, 20000 hp and regenerate 500+ hp every second.

Some champions are tough (especially arcane ones) but besides that, smooth sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patraquashe View Post
    Lvl50 in Act 3 NM going strong using this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YTk!bYX!ZZaZZb

Haven't had any real problems yet, then again I have like 4000 armor, 20000 hp and regenerate 500+ hp every second.

Some champions are tough (especially arcane ones) but besides that, smooth sailing.
    Can you please link a detalied character sheet and describe a little why do you find Bash as a generator better over cleave?