Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 127 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1531
    Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Re: HC Barbs!.. How are you guys doing?

Dodged a bullet this morning, I think Windows Update crashed the D3 client just as I was taking the waypoint back to town. At least at the exact same time D3 crashed Windows Update posted a new update for me to install. Wasn't sure if I had actually gotten back to town before the game crashed but Avani was still standing tall when I logged back in. Timing was on my side didn't have too many monsters chasing me to the WP (running keys on MP6 in Dahlger Oasis)
    Eschew obfuscation!

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Lucky you

I had D3 crash the other day, after checking the event log it was the exact same time my AV tried updating its definitions. AV is uninstalled!

I would like to try to see how high I can go solo (up to MP10 preferably ) but I'm too afraid of a DC or crash.

IncGamers Member

Well glad you made it, Zappa. I must admit I am very dumb! I always thought that trying to keep WotB on all the time would be too stressful, in terms of play style. Well I decided to give it a go, solo mp5. Man I loved it!!! Of course that not all areas are suited for that, and in Festering I did not even try. But when I got to Fields, well it was a walk in the park to keep it on and the killing speed is godly. My DH does more than 400k DPS and it is a lot slower (although with the DH I do kill 100% of the minions, whereas with barb I skip some and focus on packs). Not only the barb has like 300k dps after buffs, but also the move speed is imba and the attack speed combined with LS provide good survivability (along with the immunity against crowd control effects)

Here is my barb now: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/19943771

This goes to say that it feels like I have a new char! The last thing I have to try is to drop Bash for Fury regen and get HotA on left click and ww on right click, but for solo mp5 I doubt it will work, because even with only HotA I have to go to Bash sometimes to recover Fury.

Cheers

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Aahzmadius-1570

In a farming run last night, my wizard found a decent Skorn. The damage is a bit low, but I got a good LS roll. I was using a sword-and-board build, but it's too tempting NOT to switch to the Skorn to at least try out. It increases my DPS nearly 60% (the raw numbers are nowhere near jrsilva, of course!) with a cost of 25% EHP. On the other hand, I get a big boost to sustain with the LS.

I'll take some tips. I like the HotA build, and I'm horrible at the WW/Sprint thing (nearly killed off this char once already). Can I really drop Rend for something else? Rend/BL has been my binky for a long time. Overpower/KS maybe instead? Should I switch to Thunderstrike instead of Smash? I could do key runs on MP5 without too much trouble; with the increased DPS I'm going to try 6 and see how it goes (although I'll switch to an amethyst in the helm before venturing out).

Thanks in advance.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/32656624

http://d3up.com/b/822241/brienne

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahzmadius View Post
    In a farming run last night, my wizard found a decent Skorn. The damage is a bit low, but I got a good LS roll. I was using a sword-and-board build, but it's too tempting NOT to switch to the Skorn to at least try out. It increases my DPS nearly 60% (the raw numbers are nowhere near jrsilva, of course!) with a cost of 25% EHP. On the other hand, I get a big boost to sustain with the LS.

I'll take some tips. I like the HotA build, and I'm horrible at the WW/Sprint thing (nearly killed off this char once already). Can I really drop Rend for something else? Rend/BL has been my binky for a long time. Overpower/KS maybe instead? Should I switch to Thunderstrike instead of Smash? I could do key runs on MP5 without too much trouble; with the increased DPS I'm going to try 6 and see how it goes (although I'll switch to an amethyst in the helm before venturing out).

Thanks in advance.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/32656624

http://d3up.com/b/822241/brienne
    Well with that HP and overall EHP, I would go 1H+Shield, tbh. I was never a big fan of 2h weapons... Be that as it may, I would drop Rend and get maybe Sprint for faster farming?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    Well with that HP and overall EHP, I would go 1H+Shield, tbh. I was never a big fan of 2h weapons... Be that as it may, I would drop Rend and get maybe Sprint for faster farming?
    Well, not all of us can afford to get to 1 BILLION EHP.* With an amethyst, I'll be pushing 1 MM EHP (buffed), and more than that against elemental if I keep Superstition. My current farming character is my wizard, so I'm not as concerned with speed at this point. Key runs will still be my main focus for the barb; maybe ubers at some point as well. I'll test the waters on MP6 and see how it goes. Regardless, I appreciate the input.

*Yes, I realize this was a typo, but I chuckled. It's on the DH thread, BTW.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Haha good one

I've played together with a Skorn barb who was hitting like a truck with HOTA in MP7 so it is very viable.

PS It's a barb, everything is viable

IncGamers Member

Well, not all of us can afford to get to 1 BILLION EHP.* With an amethyst, I'll be pushing 1 MM EHP (buffed), and more than that against elemental if I keep Superstition. My current farming character is my wizard, so I'm not as concerned with speed at this point. Key runs will still be my main focus for the barb; maybe ubers at some point as well. I'll test the waters on MP6 and see how it goes. Regardless, I appreciate the input.

*Yes, I realize this was a typo, but I chuckled. It's on the DH thread, BTW.
    Well I see that "1B EHP typo" was my own, but I would imagine that people realized it was just that, a typo. Of course I meant 1M. If you are talking about key hunting and Ubers, I would focus on EHP even more, so no 2 handers for me... But that's really just me, I seem to have a problem with slow attacks...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    Well I see that "1B EHP typo" was my own, but I would imagine that people realized it was just that, a typo.
    Yes, I'm sure they did. I didn't explain very well; that chuckle I mentioned was actually a compliment. Here was my thought process: "Hah, 1 billion, that's funny. Wait...this IS jrsilva posting, and he's got great gear-maybe he really meant that? No, no, that's a thousand million, no way." So the chuckle was that I had to think for a minute about that typo to make sure it really was a typo-because your characters are so good!

Anyway, back to the game. My barb did a couple of key runs last night on MP6, and both were successful. Act 2 felt more risky, not because of the elite packs, but due to the huge groups of snakes that can surround you and hit all at once. That more than anything was what made me question my low HP pool. It's also funny you should mention the issue with slow attacks. I don't have much IAS gear on, so I really noticed how long it took me to swing the big hammer. Aesthetically, it felt right since that's what I think of with a 2-hander: a slow attack that hits hard (and I was getting 900k crits vs. elites). But when your red bulb is half full, 1 second is a long time to go between life steal procs! I may look for some gear with CC/IAS instead of CC/CD. I'll suffer some DPS loss if I can get more rapid sustain.

I also ran a couple of games with Tougeznut's wizard on MP3/4 and tried some different skills/runes. Didn't really like any of the changes. Smash is still my favorite on HotA, and against elites or single targets, Bash seems like the best Fury generator. I'd also like to try working Animosity into the build, but I'm not so eager to drop Superstition at this point. I may try the +damage rune on Rend and see if I still get enough Life Steal.

We'll see if I get brave enough to turn the dial up to 7. (Spoiler alert: I will.)

IncGamers Member

Yes, I'm sure they did. I didn't explain very well; that chuckle I mentioned was actually a compliment. Here was my thought process: "Hah, 1 billion, that's funny. Wait...this IS jrsilva posting, and he's got great gear-maybe he really meant that? No, no, that's a thousand million, no way." So the chuckle was that I had to think for a minute about that typo to make sure it really was a typo-because your characters are so good!

Anyway, back to the game. My barb did a couple of key runs last night on MP6, and both were successful. Act 2 felt more risky, not because of the elite packs, but due to the huge groups of snakes that can surround you and hit all at once. That more than anything was what made me question my low HP pool. It's also funny you should mention the issue with slow attacks. I don't have much IAS gear on, so I really noticed how long it took me to swing the big hammer. Aesthetically, it felt right since that's what I think of with a 2-hander: a slow attack that hits hard (and I was getting 900k crits vs. elites). But when your red bulb is half full, 1 second is a long time to go between life steal procs! I may look for some gear with CC/IAS instead of CC/CD. I'll suffer some DPS loss if I can get more rapid sustain.

I also ran a couple of games with Tougeznut's wizard on MP3/4 and tried some different skills/runes. Didn't really like any of the changes. Smash is still my favorite on HotA, and against elites or single targets, Bash seems like the best Fury generator. I'd also like to try working Animosity into the build, but I'm not so eager to drop Superstition at this point. I may try the +damage rune on Rend and see if I still get enough Life Steal.

We'll see if I get brave enough to turn the dial up to 7. (Spoiler alert: I will.)
    Well now I am proud that you actually thought I could get to 1B EHP, hehehe. As for your barb, well as I said before, I am a huge fan of, first of all, staying alive, and second fast attacks. Besides having the "right feel" for me, stealing more life and nailing more critical hits for Fury Regen makes all the difference in the world :-)