Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 76 of 154 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
    D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator

Re: HC Barbs!.. How are you guys doing?

I will build him as best I can with what I find, craft and decide to buy. I guess that is what I need to decide, AH or No AH for items. The last one was AH only for weapon. Rest was found or gifted (the shield).

I'm not sure how to do it differently unless I stack regen life and buff out my Enchantress more. But my last Enchantress was pretty good 6k dam and all. I mean I can't control what drops and I was doing alright before killing fast in act 2 and surviving decent in act 3. But a disconnect is gonna leave you stranded for 30-40 seconds, not sure how anyone is going to survive that, especially if you time it so that you are just starting a fight with an elite pack. I mean who gets disconnects in town? Not me.

I mean it does not seem like playing the game if I just go spend 25 million on items as soon as he hits 60? Where is the fun in that?

I still have almost all of hell to do so I will consider my options.

I just noticed that D3 makes a auto screen shot of your HC death, cool. Except that my last 3 deaths (disconnects) no screenie was taken. Hmmmm.

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Quote Originally Posted by ZappaFan View Post
    I just crafted some pretty nice bracers...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z.../hero/28319190
    Doh! Didn't think about the fact that I was switching back to my Lacuni's (for Paragon grinding).

Here's the new bracers, which I switch to for Ubers and key running.

Eschew obfuscation!

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Quote Originally Posted by spiffymcbang View Post
    I will build him as best I can with what I find, craft and decide to buy. I guess that is what I need to decide, AH or No AH for items. The last one was AH only for weapon. Rest was found or gifted (the shield).

I'm not sure how to do it differently unless I stack regen life and buff out my Enchantress more. But my last Enchantress was pretty good 6k dam and all. I mean I can't control what drops and I was doing alright before killing fast in act 2 and surviving decent in act 3. But a disconnect is gonna leave you stranded for 30-40 seconds, not sure how anyone is going to survive that, especially if you time it so that you are just starting a fight with an elite pack. I mean who gets disconnects in town? Not me.

I mean it does not seem like playing the game if I just go spend 25 million on items as soon as he hits 60? Where is the fun in that?

I still have almost all of hell to do so I will consider my options.

I just noticed that D3 makes a auto screen shot of your HC death, cool. Except that my last 3 deaths (disconnects) no screenie was taken. Hmmmm.
    To survive a DC you need to be overgeared by a lot which is close to impossible to do self found. Since I'm only able to play 4-5 hrs/week I'm using the AH to achieve an endgame char sooner, else it will take me 10 years hehe. I've got a PL14 monk, a L51 wizard and a dead PL1 barb since I started D3 and haven't even created a DH or WD yet!

But I see the fun and challenge in ironmanning and will probably do that after I run out of challenges. For now I'm trying to get to ubers and get some gold in the bank before I pickup up other classes. It'll keep me busy until the expansion I guess :-)

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    To survive a DC you need to be overgeared by a lot which is close to impossible to do self found.
    Propably true. My barb is quite confident allready when running mp0 act1. I've tried standing against many different elite packs and do nothing. My life per second is keeping me nicely alive while enchantress helps by knocking back and hexing them to chicken.
    And this is through using AH so I can see how hard it could be when drops are the only way.

I tried farming act1 on MP1 but it didn't really feel so safe. Takes too long to kill with 20k dps and I don't have enough dmg migitation.
    I cleared 3 tombs at cemetery and killed key warden on the fields. There I found a crypt that I also cleared (ending with event to kill 3 members of girls family or something, can't remember anymore).
    It was doable but too much of a hassle. So in that experience I think I need more migitation and maybe more dps to farm act1 mp1.

Should I try to farm that or go for act3 mp0? And I would be really gratefull for some feedback from my gear. I managed to farm some items that went ok in AH. Now I have about 3M and I'm trying to snipe some decent upgrades. Everything seems to be almost 1M or more per upgrade. And since I have high str/vita on my weapon it feels bad to lose those stats unless it's big upgrade on dps.
    My dps would go much higher with either crit or speed but haven't found those on bargains yet =)

Edit- Forgot link, so here (gems would be obvious but small upgrade and little pricey atm)

Thanks to community,
    -Causa

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Quote Originally Posted by Causa View Post
    Propably true. My barb is quite confident allready when running mp0 act1. I've tried standing against many different elite packs and do nothing. My life per second is keeping me nicely alive while enchantress helps by knocking back and hexing them to chicken.
    And this is through using AH so I can see how hard it could be when drops are the only way.

I tried farming act1 on MP1 but it didn't really feel so safe. Takes too long to kill with 20k dps and I don't have enough dmg migitation.
    I cleared 3 tombs at cemetery and killed key warden on the fields. There I found a crypt that I also cleared (ending with event to kill 3 members of girls family or something, can't remember anymore).
    It was doable but too much of a hassle. So in that experience I think I need more migitation and maybe more dps to farm act1 mp1.

Should I try to farm that or go for act3 mp0? And I would be really gratefull for some feedback from my gear. I managed to farm some items that went ok in AH. Now I have about 3M and I'm trying to snipe some decent upgrades. Everything seems to be almost 1M or more per upgrade. And since I have high str/vita on my weapon it feels bad to lose those stats unless it's big upgrade on dps.
    My dps would go much higher with either crit or speed but haven't found those on bargains yet =)

Edit- Forgot link, so here (gems would be obvious but small upgrade and little pricey atm)

Thanks to community,
    -Causa
    Yes, another chicken lover! Hex those buggers :-)

Definately do A3 MP0 over A1 MP1. Difficulty wise it's the same and A3 has much higher monster density -> more items and gold.

Your gear is not bad, all items are decent but not great. You need more CHC, CHD and IAS for DPS. Attack speed is a nice DPS upgrade usually, you should be able to afford gloves with CHC and IAS. Gems upgrading not worth it if you're strapped for cash, better to upgrade another item with that money.

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator

Back to level 60 again. Lets see how long I can stay here. I am pretty sure I will use the AH this time but still dwelling on it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/31646493

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

I finally made it back to the real front again as well today: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/o.../hero/25416210

Most of my lvl gear was still in stash from the previous barb I was farming Inferno with. Sold the better unusable stuff and spent it on upgrades. It's really hard to get offensive upgrades though. The tank stuff is affordable, but ias/chc stuff is pricey as hell.

Ah well, back to the grinding I guess

I've been doing all my lvling at MP1, and I did most of A1 now, but after reading some of the latest replies I'll be going back to MP0. It WAS pretty slow going, I'll admit

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Well, have been spending some time today and am now where I have never been before, being past the Larder on Inferno

Lost my previous barb to him and when I got at the bottom of the Keep I felt a bit ancious but everything was going well before and I did not switch around my build this time around except for one modification that I had already made when I booted up the game to get used to it: I switched out Lacerate for Blood lust. Encountered a Protection shrine just before the fight and it was easy as pie... Did they make this fight easier after 1.05?

Anyway, travelling down the tower now, see if I can progress to A4. I'll keep the grinding for later
    Had some decent results crafting by the way, spent about 75K on the recipes for strength bracers and shoulders and about .5 mil later I had two fine upgrades. Nothing spectacular, but quite a bit better than what I had, so I was pleased.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by oOmpie View Post
    Well, have been spending some time today and am now where I have never been before, being past the Larder on Inferno

Lost my previous barb to him and when I got at the bottom of the Keep I felt a bit ancious but everything was going well before and I did not switch around my build this time around except for one modification that I had already made when I booted up the game to get used to it: I switched out Lacerate for Blood lust. Encountered a Protection shrine just before the fight and it was easy as pie... Did they make this fight easier after 1.05?

Anyway, travelling down the tower now, see if I can progress to A4. I'll keep the grinding for later
    Had some decent results crafting by the way, spent about 75K on the recipes for strength bracers and shoulders and about .5 mil later I had two fine upgrades. Nothing spectacular, but quite a bit better than what I had, so I was pleased.
    Mate, do you play Europe? If so, and if you want, I can lend you a hand. Btw, my tag is papacas#2298, so if you do play Europe, feel free to add me if you like :-)

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    Mate, do you play Europe? If so, and if you want, I can lend you a hand. Btw, my tag is papacas#2298, so if you do play Europe, feel free to add me if you like :-)
    I'll add you later today or this week for sure. I admit I want to try to solo my way past Diablo, but safer farming is always welcome