Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 72 of 154 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: HC Barbs!.. How are you guys doing?

Oh, I see you took a step back again oOmpie. Sorry for that lost. How did it happen?
    I would like to hear from you people how you end up dying before hell. Since I don't have much experience I'm taking it slow and am both over leveled and over geared much of the journey.

Now I've been just running forward and some of my gear is even more than 20 levels behind but haven't come across any cheap upgrades that would make alot of difference.
    At the moment it doesn't matter much if I'm fighting thrash, elites or bosses, my life doesn't go much down. With almost 40k life buffed and around 970 life per second ticking it's really quite safe. And just on top of that of cource my dps is way over the content I'm at.

In hell some nasty elites with bad combos might make it more difficult and I don't even want to talk about dc problems.
    Share some info about where it's getting alot harder. Is it late hell where it starts to pile up.

-Causa

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Is it late hell where it starts to pile up?

-> Yes, i'd say so (if you're not overgeared that is). I think attention is needed in A1 of each difficulty level and then A4 Hell is where it's starts getting serious.

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Yeah, I'd say so as well.

I was about to make a post about my untimely demise, since this was even more retarded than most I have met but you beat me to it
    My wife is a bit sick and she asked me for some water and some meds. I was in the middle of my game, but in town, so: "ofcourse hon, I'll get right on it!".
    So I get her some meds and some water and while I hand her the glass of water I faintly hear a familiar but surprising scream coming from the general direction of my computer...

Turns out that yes... I was in town, but it was A3... and not just A3, I was moving to the armory...
    And not just at any time, but at the soulstone event with the shadow thingies... So while I was plowing through nightmare I got killed by a shadow thingy because I was afk...

Beside stupid things like this I have two main causes of death:
    - Overconfidence (usually I will encounter some nasty moments, but I won't pay attention and keep on pushing forward. Sooner or later this will cost me dearly).
    - Unfamiliar skill layouts (Sometimes I'll try out some other skill combis, etc. Whenever you do this, GO BACK! Play around for a bit in territory where you can afford to fumble, since you WILL. I lost my barb on October because of this: I had an idea for taking down Ghom, completely changed my skill layout and went for him. That was a retarded thing to do...)

Hope that helps. Take it slow, take it steady. Be prepared for the sting, it will come... And in the meantime have a lot of fun

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZappaFan View Post
    Paragon 80. Re-geared a little bit going to try some key runs for a bit.

100K HP
    114K DPS

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z.../hero/28319190
    Man, I thought I had an awesome barb, then I saw yours... I am trying not to drool here! I am quite happy with my barb, but he is quite inferior to yours. In "my defense", I do have 5 great chars, all doing 130k dps or more, except monk (53k only). But I can only say congratulations! By the way, you do not play Europe, do you, Zappa?

I leave my own barb: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/19943771

Cheers

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

@Oompie: Ouch at that death! but your wife is more important than Diablo for sure :-) Fully agree on changing skills, that can kill you quickly!

@JrSilva, yes your monk sucks, why not abandon it and give me those crappy items ^^ Unfortunately I haven't been able to play over the past 1,5 week, very busy with work and our new horse. Before that I did some key runs together with Magnus @MP2 which went quite well, so when I have some time again I'll pick up trying to work towards MP5 and a ring.

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    Man, I thought I had an awesome barb, then I saw yours... I am trying not to drool here! I am quite happy with my barb, but he is quite inferior to yours. In "my defense", I do have 5 great chars, all doing 130k dps or more, except monk (53k only). But I can only say congratulations! By the way, you do not play Europe, do you, Zappa?

I leave my own barb: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/19943771

Cheers
    Americas server. And yes, certainly, a big part of the reason I have built my barb to the point he's gotten is because I have concentrated 95% of my effort on getting one character to the maximum before really doing much with any of the other characters - my 60(3) DH being the only exception. But that is by design, I decided a long time ago due in large part to the limited number of characters slots we have my goal was to develope a barb as much as possible before spending much energy and gold on other characters. And now that I'm solo'ing ubers with pretty good success I'll have a bunch of Hellfire rings that will be very handy for any new characters I start to level - which will happen once I get this guy to P100.
    Eschew obfuscation!

IncGamers Member

Americas server. And yes, certainly, a big part of the reason I have built my barb to the point he's gotten is because I have concentrated 95% of my effort on getting one character to the maximum before really doing much with any of the other characters - my 60(3) DH being the only exception. But that is by design, I decided a long time ago due in large part to the limited number of characters slots we have my goal was to develope a barb as much as possible before spending much energy and gold on other characters. And now that I'm solo'ing ubers with pretty good success I'll have a bunch of Hellfire rings that will be very handy for any new characters I start to level - which will happen once I get this guy to P100.
    So I guess the "FL" in your location is from Florida. This dumb-*** European thought it was perhaps Finland, hehehe!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    So I guess the "FL" in your location is from Florida. This dumb-*** European thought it was perhaps Finland, hehehe!
    Nooo! FL is never Finland, perhaps furtherland or something but never Finland. Finland is so fin that it's always shortened to Fin

-Causa

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Paragon 80. Re-geared a little bit going to try some key runs for a bit.

100K HP
    114K DPS

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z.../hero/28319190
    Zappa, just curious, what's the EHP of that killer barb?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Causa View Post
    Nooo! FL is never Finland, perhaps furtherland or something but never Finland. Finland is so fin that it's always shortened to Fin

-Causa
    hehehe it's noted, sorry for my mistake!