Seems that too many persons are having this issue but Blizzard is pretty ignoring all the threads revolving this issue or just clueless of what to do. They even post on those thread, neither say that they are aware of the issue.
We are pretty left alone waiting for answers.
The first mayor stuttering thread got overwhelmed and a new one had to be created because of this (without counting the other big threads on EU server and the many ones created alone).
The game turns unplayable and very frustrating. I have to poorly play farming low areas because this stuttering kills me on any high area. I even got killed 5 times on low areas because of this constant freezes and leaves you indefence.
We want some answer from Blizzard and not just a generic post saying - "Bla, bla, bla your driver is old. Update it with this one blabla" because the ones that have this isue really (not the ones that had it because of drivers, high setting, power save mode or whatever other normal reason) tried everything.
We want an answer because we paid to play and right we aren't mostly capable of doing so. I already sent a big ticket with dxdiag and msinfo and a lot more info but still I'm waiting.
My own thread
My personal record of fixes I tried
- changed the game folder
- formatted PC
- defragged HDD
- changed broadband connection
- erased battle.net folder and reinstalled all
- lowered all possible setting to lowest
- changed my video drivers to many versions even last ones and HP default ones
- turned sound off
- changed sound channels to lowest
- changed many configurations on video driver software
- ran on selective mode
- changed amount of cores that runs with game
- disabled Hyperthreading
- activated vsync
- limited FPS
- disabled aero and all windows visual effects
- run game without any other program on background
- terminated agent process
- switched between windows mode and full screen
- ensured my machine is not on pwer save (in fact is now set on the highest consuming mode which makes the processor work allways on %100)
- ensured my machine is not overheating
- cleaned cooler