Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Item Show Off Thread: Legendaries and Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    The biggest disappointment has been itemization. Got a legendary and withing 2 drops found a better magic weapon. Same level requirement.

One level later I found two more weapons (one rare one magic) that were much better.

That's broken =(
    Very broken. In Diablo 2, unique items filled gameplay roles. "Hey, I need a helm with a lot of magic find." Harlequin Crest. Or, "I need a weapon that's good against hammerdins in PvP." Doom runeword. In fact, you could build an entire character around a single item. Now that's replay value.

In Diablo 3, items are almost completely interchangeable. I can search the AH for any piece of armor with any stat I want, and I can find a rare with guaranteed certainty that is vastly better than a legendary.

For a game whose entire purpose is to collect items, this is especially troubling. D3 almost had it when runes were still drops that could be applied to skills to improve them. They were so close. The beta rune system would have vastly improved replay value and tremendously increased the diversity between players.

I've found two legendary helms that are not worth posting. Both were not as good as the gear I was wearing at the time.

IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/eye-of-etlich

Good Random mods on this for my DH (vit and agility). Dropped from a normal pack of mobs. Still using this at level 28/29.

<duplicate removed>

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    The biggest disappointment has been itemization. Got a legendary and withing 2 drops found a better magic weapon. Same level requirement.

One level later I found two more weapons (one rare one magic) that were much better.

That's broken =(
    What level were you at?

Most of the low level unique weapons and armor I found in D2 were scarcely better than random magic stuff. I often kept them for 'collectors sake' but did not use them. It was not until the mid/high level uniques that I found them very useful. There were certainly exceptions though.

Official Diablo 3 Item Valuer KTang's Avatar

Uniques in normal have always been bad (exception of a few), though I haven't seen Nightmare and Hell yet there was ALWAYS an abundance of junk uniques.

I'm sure there are some random gems (not actual gems) that haven't been found yet.

KT

BattleTag Rescue-1816

Quote Originally Posted by KTang View Post
    Uniques in normal have always been bad (exception of a few), though I haven't seen Nightmare and Hell yet there was ALWAYS an abundance of junk uniques.

I'm sure there are some random gems (not actual gems) that haven't been found yet.

KT
    No, there were only Mara's and Windforce's (per people's memories).

I found Scrimshaw (lvl 15 spear) and Winter Flurry (lvl 10 off-hand orb) and neither was used by the time they dropped for me, but honestly they are pretty nice for the level requirement. I'll post pictures when I get home from work.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag GingerBuddha-1846

Quote Originally Posted by Accaris View Post
    In the Diablo 2 LORD OF DESTRUCTION EXPANSION, unique items filled gameplay roles. "Hey, I need a helm with a lot of magic find." Harlequin Crest. Or, "I need a weapon that's good against hammerdins in PvP." Doom runeword.
    Fixed that for you. Everything you named was an expansion drop. Back in the initial game the uniques were pretty lame then too.

My first (and only so far). Gave it to Konfeta.

I also got this, while not still a legendary, retained its legendary stats:

Also got Rakanishu's blade, waiting for Bashiok to spawn.