Hello and Welcome to Diablo 3 trading - an option to using the auction house.
These are the new trading rules, made by all trading mods together. They are nearly identical on Europe and America. Please read all of them!
Please have a particularly close look at the rules about bumping and offerering items here and elsewhere at the same time.
Also, please check out the 'Trade rating how to and FAQ' here.
For a quick start, here's a summary:
- No bumping within 24 hours. New, relevant information can be posted after 6 hours - usually (detailed informartion below).
- Don't start more than 2 threads within 24 hours - usually (detailed information below).
- Offers must be kept up for at least 12 hours - usually (detailed information below).
- Post your trade in only one forum.
- Once you have a deal, you cannot retract without the trade partner's consent (which he's free to give or refuse). There are no exceptions.
- Don't trade anything which isn't allowed to be traded, e.g. items for real money.
- Trade only for items in your personal possession.
- If you see somebody violating the rules, please report the post.
- If you aren't sure about something, ask the mods instead of just doing it.
There is no excuse for not reading the trade rules in full. If you have questions, PM the Moderator concerned before posting. Not knowing is no excuse!
Not having read these rules is no excuse if you happen to break them, and may get you banned, so make sure to read them in advance of posting.
DiabloII.Net forum rules – You’ll want to read this first (of course you already read it when you made your account right?)
Prefixes, exclusive threads
Please select a prefix for your thread, so people know if it's hardcore or softcore and whether your offer is made on this forum exclusively and nowhere else.
On thread creation, there are four prefixes to select from:
IncGamers Only, Softcore (shown in menu as "Softcore Trade Exclusive to Ingamers' Traders")
IncGamers Only, Hardcore (shown in menu as "Hardcore Trade Exclusive to Ingamers' Traders")
Exclusive threads are those with all offers being made only here. We have more relaxed rules regarding bumping and the amount of threads started within 24 hours. Non-exclusive threads are threads with stuff which is offered elsewhere as well. However, you may NOT post current offers from other places. Needless to say, cheating about this can have terrible consequences.
3 day ban for first offense and permanent ban for second offense.
All offers for exclusive trades must be listed in the threads. If there is no action on an exclusive trade for 12 hours you may retract it and trade it elsewhere.
- Do not Flame. We want this forum to be as friendly as possible.
- Do not post OT. This is a trading forum, the OT thread is stickied at the top.
- Do not post price checks. There's a forum just for that here, the Trade Values Forum.
- Do not hijack others threads for your own needs and requirements
- Trades involving real world money are not allowed.
- Do not bump any post. (for clarity, that means back to back posts by the threads creator) unless it meets one of the exceptions listed below in the bumping section
- Use the “Report this post to a moderator” link at the top right of the post to report any posts that violate the rules
- Tell the exact stats of the items you're selling.
- You may offer an item for trade here and elsewhere at the same time. We do not assume any exclusivity for items listed here.
Do not post here a Current Offer (C/O) from some other place (other web trade forum, BNet, etc). These trade forums are not to be used to advertise your trades there. Off-site offers will not be allowed to be included in this site's trade forums. The one exception to this policy is that you may feel free to that your item is listed in the BNet Diablo III GOLD Auction House. List item's specific name and stats, level requirement, and any other info needed to be sure people know which item you are referring to. Listing items from the Real Money Auction House is, of course, prohibited. Do not link offers from elsewhere.
If you have an item listed here and you sell it elsewhere, please tell us (retract it) so you don't waste our time and yours. Trading an item elsewhere does not mean you can break your word here after having made a deal. Welching is still not allowed.
- Please give your items a fair chance to be traded. If you are starting an exclusive thread, you have to wait for at least 12 hours before retracting an item from your list. Of course, you can decline any offer during these 12 hours, but your items are considered as still being offered, so you cannot offer them elsewhere during that time. Non-exclusive offers can be retracted at any time, as they might get sold at anytime elsewhere.
- When posting a trade, tell what you're looking for. "make offers" is not helping. Do us a favour and say what you need. Same goes when you're looking for items, state what you can offer.
- All exclusive trades should be arranged inside threads (nowhere else, not even via PMs).
- The same person posting threads successively (even with different items on them) is also considered bumping.
- Generally, do not start more than 2 threads within 24 hours, that's considered as spamming. On top of them, you are allowed to start another two exclusive threads (see previous section for details about exclusive threads).
- Do not, by ANY means, reopen a trade when you’ve made a deal. Sellers have all the power in the trade, they can accept or reject offers, not trade at all, repost items later, do whatever they please. So when you close a trade, stick to it. If you fast closed an item and then someone else offers more, it was the seller’s fault not to wait enough time, not the buyer’s fault. This includes your "By It Now" (BINs) and prices. If you price something stick by it, if you make a offer or counter offer stick by it. Buyers, after the deal is closed, must pay what was agreed too. You can ask the trade partner to allow a retraction (and perhaps offer a compensation), but if he insists on trading and you still refuse, it will lead to a permanent ban, even for trades of a low value. If you have been welched on please pm a mod to resolve it. No flaming
- Do not ask for free items. You can offer items for free, however, but please don't offend people who already offered an item for a price because they are not as wealthy as you to be able to offer it for free.
- Any locked post may not be reposted for at least 24 hours AFTER it is locked.
- 2 closed threads in 30 days by the same poster is a 3 day temp ban.
- Just in case you missed it here - DiabloII.Net forum rules - do not spam.
As stated in the rules, bumping is not allowed. Bumping is posting for the purpose of bringing the thread to the top. This is often (but not always) done by making another posting right after one of yourself. (posting back to back) Reposting a thread is also a kind of bumping, but in a broader sense. You have the ability to EDITthreads, so if your posting is the last one in the thread, any updates to your thread need to be done during this time by editing the existing post. If you need to do updates to your thread right after a posting of your own after this 1 hour period or if, it must be in concordance with the following rules:
- Adding useful information: After 6 hours (only 3 hours for exclusive threads, see previous chapter)
- Reposting a thread, partly or completely, the old one and all of the offers in it are cancelled (deals have to be fulfilled, of course): 24 hours after your last posting.
- Bumping of any kind: After 24 hours (after 12 hours for exclusive threads, see previous chapter).
Useful information shall be defined as: Adding a minimium of three items of substance. Use your best judgement, if in doubt, PM a mod before you update. This includes both the FT and ISO.
Regarding Auctions: it is nearly impossible to add useful info as "useful info = adding 3 items". with auctions, u must therefore wait for the 24 hour rule. otherwise they'd be bumped too often. Even posts such as "last call for bids or this will end at some time", must be under the 24 hour rule regulation.
Any bumped thread will be locked, and 2 locked threads within 30 days for rules violations will get you a 3 day temp ban. Any locked post may not be reposted for at least 24 hours. You may not repost any thread or parts of it for at least 24 hours from your last post in it.
Trading of Services
The trading of services of the following kinds is allowed:
- Boss killing
- Crafting -Trading your craft materials for crafting service + in game gold. Make sure you get the items crafted and not a substitute for a great item the crafter keeps for himself. This service carries high risk.
All Service related trades will be at your own risk. There is risk involved. We do not endorse or recommend these trades. You will assume all the risk, especially the crafting of items for your materials service.
Things you may NOT trade related to services:
Trading/selling accounts for in game gold with pre-leveled/quested characters on them. Still too risky.
Any services for real money.
Trading of any other services is not allowed by default, but maybe you have a good idea of your own. In that case, please ask the mods (i.e. spiffymcbang or Zappafan in this forum).
You are completely on your own with getting what you paid for It's a matter of trust!
Do Not Trade (DNT) List
- Any hacked item, any duped item, any bugged item.
- Items or services which involve the exploit of game bugs or glitches.
- Battlenet accounts.
- All non Diablo3 virtual items. You may not sell your items for real world money. No cd keys. No items from other games.
- Items Acquired through the use of a bot, hack or any dupe method. We can't force anybody not to use hacks, cheats or bots, but if you are using them, you are not welcome in this forum, so stay out of here! If you use hacks and trade here, you will be banned permanently!
- Trades involving real world money aren't allowed.
Offering or asking for items from the DNT list earns you a 3 day ban on the first offense and a permanent ban on the second!
As always, if you get banned, even temporarily banned, and make a new account we will ban you again and also change the status of the temporarily banned account to permanently banned.
A old but useful link to knowing the scams that have been and still are sometimes used.