Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Condolences: Discuss Our Deeds

Level range and playstyle/dps... most of the people I found I'd just be leeching from, heh.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Character name: AlyssVI
    Character level: 60(42)
    Character class: Wiz
    Game difficulty: Inferno MP5
    Act: Act 2, Oasis Sands
    Death type: Post Key Warden Bug ??

Was Key farming with a couple of friends quite happily, done 3 or 4 runs and was on the last one of the night. Killed the KW and then Bam Deeds - my Unstable Anomaly didn't even go off. Apparently is has happened before but i am never going to stand where the act 2 KW falls dead again!

Towen
    OH NOES :( I saw your name next to the graveyard thread and thought please not the wizz...

Which characters were you playing with? Could it have be something with reflect damage? The A2 KW is freaky that way and accidents happen now and then... Missile dampening can also do weird stuff.
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...h-paragon-char!
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...esert-spinners
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...bombardment_i/
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309441928

I hope you still have the gold you recently earned to quickly get back up there (and better!
    Last edited by Grishok; 04-09-2013 at 09:41.

IncGamers Member

Did he reflect a meteor back? Possible it hit and then the fire killed him again, I dunno.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

RIP flux, that's a really ****ty way of losing a P90 monk...

I'll avoid playing solo like the plague me thinks...

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    RIP flux, that's a really ****ty way of losing a P90 monk...

I'll avoid playing solo like the plague me thinks...
    Sounds exactly the way my P100 Barb bit the dust. Installing an SSD fixed that problem for me. Also, for good measure, I never start out getting stacks at Festering, always Leoric's Manor first where the assets load more gradually. There's zero chance the Leorics WP is going to be any trouble.
    Eschew obfuscation!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag FireStormNZ-1915

Good call Zappa, I am going to start implementing this. I lost my monk in very similar fashion to Flux in Festering..

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZappaFan View Post
    Sounds exactly the way my P100 Barb bit the dust. Installing an SSD fixed that problem for me. Also, for good measure, I never start out getting stacks at Festering, always Leoric's Manor first where the assets load more gradually. There's zero chance the Leorics WP is going to be any trouble.
    A lot of people had problems around the same time as him, think it's the servers this time.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Aahzmadius-1570

So I guess this is the place I should have been posting follow-ups; not the graveyard. Gris, I'm going to respond to your last post here, although this is more meta-HC rambling by me than a direct response.

In reflecting on my wizard's death the last couple of days, I had a few things I wanted to "put down on paper." (You can tell I'm old.) First, I don't have a ton of regret or anything. I didn't set a goal of P100 for an HC character, so that isn't such a big deal to me. I like challenging myself in HC, and while I could have kept farming XP/items on MP4, I wasn't so committed to it that I didn't enjoy changing things up occasionally with uber runs or higher MP farming. I've done a couple of solo MP7 key runs with my barb, and while I probably won't attempt another one soon, if some other player wanted to go there and invited me I'd likely join in. So, challenging myself regularly? Check.

I think what troubles me the most, at this moment in time, is I don't feel like I have a lot to show for reaching P60 as far as the item hunt goes. From P40 to 62, I was mostly playing at or above 300% MF. I definitely noticed an uptick in legendary drops once I hit P40, but nothing approaching the one find that made most of my wizard gear possible-which my barb found with a lot less MF. I could level up another wizard, but that gear would not be as good as what I lost, and I think that would bother me a little. (There's another, unrelated reason for me switching characters: I sometimes play on wireless, so I'm working on my SC wizard.) Basically, I converted that one find to build up a nice character, but at this point the gear and gold are gone, and I have no immediate prospects for replacing either (at the same level).

On the other hand, it's still a mild regret, due to the game's context now. I know RoS is coming, so I know all of that gear would be obsolete soon anyway. Furthermore, the old rules won't apply for much longer: it doesn't really matter that I'm comparatively low on AH gold since that's on its way out as well. It'll be nice if Poledra's Paragon experience gets applied to Paragon 2.0, but if it doesn't, I'm not too worried about it. I still see plenty of HC in my future, and my only lasting regret is that I didn't Teleport when I had a chance to.

So, on to the DH and monk. What a contrast between Archon wizard and DH: on MP1 I feel like death is around every corner for the DH, but so sturdy while in Archon mode. Vortex + Reflect Damage is probably going to lead to my DH's demise...and I won't be all that surprised if it happens soon. I'm currently sitting at P9 with her. I suspect my next high-paragon achiever will be my monk, currently at level 40 in NMA1. Assuming I can make it to 60, I'll add the 10 chars to 60 achievement, and hopefully start grouping with T, TDS, and other IncGamers more.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Amedon-1184

I have been helping level two of my brothers (got them up to 50) and I just missed catching you last night to join us with your monk. :(

Happy to help even though its not that quick with my basically fresh HC chars.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Aahz, my attitude is much like yours. On one hand I don't want to die, on the other hand I feel playing below a slightly challenging MP is boring as hell. The best HC memories I have are the adrenaline filled adventures, like doing ubers for the first time at MP6, A6MP3 key runs with Dominus and Goffe and hitting some sick packs in a row, escaping from a PK attempt with my first monk and last week breaking a PK trap in MP5.

I do change between easy group farming and challenging myself on higher MP's, can't be stressed out all the time :-) My first monk was build on one 1b item I found, never found anything like that since. Still, my 2nd monk is now better than my first one, so never say never! Dying sucks but it's the journey that matters