Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Condolences: Discuss Our Deeds

Just a response to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by rberacha View Post
    Cause of demise: Izual. I had 21K life. I get frozen, mash a potion and get deeds screen. Very anticlimatic. Interesting to note that you can't avoid getting hit like in D2 but instead have to stack life/defense so you can take hits. Thought 21k was enough and I got cocky. Lesson learned.
    Izual does his frost nova at 66% and 33% life, so you can time your SS for that. It's one of the hardest fights for DHs I think (I should've died on it myself but didn't by some miracle), but you can dodge his attacks. Stack up on +discipline gear. Also, try to kite him around the holes in the wall and Tyreal will usually grab aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Axamas View Post
    Hope I'm not out of topic.

I've read the RIP thread, I found that a good % of death comes from lag/disconnect/freeze/restart.
    Maybe it's a biased information because people would rather post when this type of death occurs.
    But if it's not, I feel there is an issue here ; HC is hard enough in itself and it does need "out of game" events. This said I have no idea how it could be fixed by Blizzard (in case they would want to do it, ofc).

As for me, my two HC deaths were due to personnal errors and I have only myself to "blame" :
    - overconfidence (Oh I've beaten that boss, I can farm it now...),
    - phoning while playing (as a long time HC D2 player I knew that doing something else while playing was bad...),
    - not paying attention when changing my life pot and not upgrading my hotkey (that one took me by surprise).
    It is very frustrating to lose a char to server instability/connection issues, this just happened to me yesterday and I had hit 60 and bought almost an entire set of 60 gear and sure enough as soon as I went over to kill magda i start running past enemies that don't attack me and my heart sank.

And with no warning either, my ms didn't spike I had been playing fine without any lag for a few hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragujevac View Post
    It is very frustrating to lose a char to server instability/connection issues, this just happened to me yesterday and I had hit 60 and bought almost an entire set of 60 gear and sure enough as soon as I went over to kill magda i start running past enemies that don't attack me and my heart sank.

And with no warning either, my ms didn't spike I had been playing fine without any lag for a few hours straight.
    The best thing to do as soon as you realise what's happening is to press Esc. It won't save you if your connection has lost or I'm not 100% sure it will, but if it's only a few seconds of delay it can save your character. Just happened to me on Act IV. Monsters suddenly stopped to attack. I pressed Esc immediately, and after 2-3 seconds the screen refreshed (during pause) so I saw how many HP I lost and I could figure out to start immediately with Igenore pain or just continue. During pasue the game will refresh itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DeluksZ View Post
    The best thing to do as soon as you realise what's happening is to press Esc. It won't save you if your connection has lost or I'm not 100% sure it will, but if it's only a few seconds of delay it can save your character. Just happened to me on Act IV. Monsters suddenly stopped to attack. I pressed Esc immediately, and after 2-3 seconds the screen refreshed (during pause) so I saw how many HP I lost and I could figure out to start immediately with Igenore pain or just continue. During pasue the game will refresh itself.
    I sadly forgot about the pause in that moment of frustration but it had to happen sometime, might as well get the first one out of the way now. Thank god I saved 2 tabs worth of gear for leveling haha.

IncGamers Member

Monk, Inferno. 49k life, 580 all resist, 5600 armor, 10k dps
    was farming goblin @ act2. forgot to switch gear and was with the MF one. one shot

IncGamers Member

Diablo III RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

Character name: Headcrusher
    haracter level: 28
    Character class: Barb
    Character build: Sword.Board
    Game difficulty: normal
    Act: 3
    Death type: PvM - Speargoat

Remaking the previous Barb all day today and was feeling good and encountered a massive lag spike in act 3 just across the Bridge of Korsikk. Watched the screen turn red as I frantically hit the pot button only to see my health lower and the deeds screen apear at last. This Fing sucks......
    Am sorry about that... I was in the exact same place with my own barb when the spike hit (although in hell and on 60). Somehow I lucked out and didn't die to it though. I feel for you. They should really have an auto 2 minute rollback when there servers crash, or something like that, unless there's a technical reason for it being very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkyen View Post
    Monk, Inferno. 49k life, 580 all resist, 5600 armor, 10k dps
    was farming goblin @ act2. forgot to switch gear and was with the MF one. one shot
    Tat's the worts and I think it'll happen to many of us. One good thing to do is to dye all of your visible mf gear transparent. In this case being naked at Inferno would get your attention even if you don't remember in which gear you left the town.

IncGamers Member

It was dyed invisible but I still didn't notice.. taking a break now xD

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Kurili-2790

Quote Originally Posted by DeluksZ View Post
    Tat's the worts and I think it'll happen to many of us. One good thing to do is to dye all of your visible mf gear transparent. In this case being naked at Inferno would get your attention even if you don't remember in which gear you left the town.
    Big props for the tip!

IncGamers Member

NDE (near death experience) prevents MF gear character resets
    Tested o_O