Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Condolences: Discuss Our Deeds

This thread exists to discuss posts made in the RIP thread. This thread may contain SPOILERS to the Diablo 3 plot!

How about that Butcher fellah? I had no idea he was in that next area, I was totally unprepared for it. Even still I had him whittled down to about 5% life left, with both of the health alters used, and had just a sliver of my potion timer left before I could use one, and the fire in the floor toasted me. *sigh*

Eschew obfuscation!

BattleTag Ask me

Re: Condolences: Discuss Our Deeds [SPOILERS]

Well my latest Barbarian died in the Halls of Agony level 3 to a Dark Beserker when he stopped responding out of the blue.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Namik-2329

Re: Condolences: Discuss Our Deeds [SPOILERS]

My 29lvl barb was first character died so far. And I died becasue I've made mistake of changing Threatening Shout with Falter rune with Call of the Ancients. I would probably survive fight with rare mob, Wretch Greedgallow, and his minions with teleport if I was able to reduce their damage. But I decided I wanted to try CotA, eh.

Re: Condolences: Discuss Our Deeds

Not much to say about disconnection RIP. I've disconnected once, but I got instantly pushed back to my character screen. This time everything just stopped, but I could move. Although I saw my HP slowly fade, because I had some burning debuff on me. I really thought I killed the unique monster with my last kick, but it seems the server did not get this information. I don't know how many disconnects are there, but this was the "nah, you char stays in dude" type. Surprisingly I did not was angry. I was kind of sad instead. I'm the type of hardcore player who don't really counts death in (although I know I should). Well... of course I know my characters gonna die, but I don't really think it's gonna happen. So when I logged back and saw the badass died character style screen... I mourned him a little, then archived him, since he was my first "real" HC character, and he will ever be. RIP Goro.

BattleTag Ask me

Diablo absolutely spanked my 33 Demon Hunter. I wasn't prepared for the fight without my Templar buddy or the stun lock big D had.

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

A sudden computer restart really is not a death worthy of my 36 tank barb. He stood in the face of Diablo and laughed.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

IncGamers Member

so I already lost 2 characters, lvl 52 monk and lvl59 DH to BNET disconnects (last one was just now) and I'm really really sad... I know Blizzard won't revive them, even though it's their fault, but still, this feels so unfair

I don't really know how I'd react, since I play my barbarian very slowly in terms of progression. I "built him up" like a precious little thing. On the other hand with my DH I just rush and nuke and run and hit and ect... Today I had a lagspike. I went up to the enemies, started hitting them, nothing happened. My heart stopped, pressed Esc immediately. I waited for the screen to refresh (to the pont where the system got the Esc command) and waited for like 5 minutes to be disconnected or something. Nothing happened, so I pressed esc again and everything went smootly after that. I think Esc can solve some dc issues. Well... if the server don't respond to your Esc in time your ****ed. Man, that just sucks. I'm sorry to hear. I'm lvl 59 myself.

BadAsh the valiant Demon hunter has been avenged! Belial stands no longer in normal. Maleficent the Wizard has gotten revenge. Now onto Bastions Keep!

Hope I'm not out of topic.

I've read the RIP thread, I found that a good % of death comes from lag/disconnect/freeze/restart.
    Maybe it's a biased information because people would rather post when this type of death occurs.
    But if it's not, I feel there is an issue here ; HC is hard enough in itself and it does need "out of game" events. This said I have no idea how it could be fixed by Blizzard (in case they would want to do it, ofc).

As for me, my two HC deaths were due to personnal errors and I have only myself to "blame" :
    - overconfidence (Oh I've beaten that boss, I can farm it now...),
    - phoning while playing (as a long time HC D2 player I knew that doing something else while playing was bad...),
    - not paying attention when changing my life pot and not upgrading my hotkey (that one took me by surprise).