Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Kurili-2790

Re: How did the lesser and prime evils from D2 end up in the Black Soulstone?

First of all, I knew from the start that D3 won't get a normal storyline. I did hope somewhere deep inside that Blizz would prove me wrong, but they didn't. Needless retcons, plotholes, plain main character. Not that D2 was perfect: when the Three are reunited and at their peak, a simple pack of mortals destroys all of them and their armies - typical Hollywood where one guy with one gun can take out huge military forces, giant evil syndicates and alien spaceships.

I agree with multiple previous posters, I also liked Kulle's arc, but then it ended abruptly ("Let us rule the world together?", "You are mad, I will kill you", LOL). Our hero completelly ignores Kulle's warnings about Adria and the Horadrim's personal journal notes. The issues with BSS are very disturbing: Adria somehow saves the souls of all Lords from D2 (despite the fact that the soulstones where shattered) and then carries them around (or hides) for 20 years, no one wonders how she did it, not even Tyrael. In the end everyone forgets about BSS and celebrates victory.

Diablo franchise isn't known for superb plot, it's known for very fun and addictive gameplay. Though as was mentioned before, the universe is quite diverse and interesting. If you want great storyline combined with a great universe, then go play Planescape: Torment (one of the rare games that doesn't feature a hero saving the whole world).

My question is actually why were we trying to resurrect Kulle, giving that the **** Horadrim went to so much trouble to be rid of him. I kept thinking, if Cain were alive, we would NOT be doing this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Volpula View Post
    This very question is in my mind for hours... I'm really disappointed about this game... It took 5 years to develop this game yet still there are ridiculous lore gaps... Also Diablo end fight was so bad.. Even a low level dungeon boss in Wow has more scenario into it...

Also, I might be wrong here, wasn't the Bastion's Keep a barbarian stronghold? only western soldiers there defending it.
    actually it's more like 7 years in development. they announced it in 2008 but was well underway by that time. they picked it up around 2005 I believe. and most Barbarians were decimated when Arreat exploded. the few remaining ones turned feral, according to newer lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentarius View Post
    My question is actually why were we trying to resurrect Kulle, giving that the **** Horadrim went to so much trouble to be rid of him. I kept thinking, if Cain were alive, we would NOT be doing this.
    Because it's Railroads Diablo 3. That's the only way this plot can work, by railroading. If anyone of the characters would actually stop to think about what they're doing the entire plot would collapse like a house of cards. The player character is pretty much the Prime Plot Mover.

Kulle is just one of the examples, and to be honest it's not even my biggest gripe in this regard. I'm at a total loss at how Adria can show up after twenty years and everyone just magically assumes she's one of the good guys, what with the immense foreshadowing and all.

Last edited by Saint Anger; 07-06-2012 at 14:12.

Diablo lore has been shallow since D1 I don't know why people said D1 had a good lore when its lore is one of the most shallow ever. D3's lore is pretty **** but atleast I enjoy lore books though.lol

To answer OP question.

Adria learned about BS and what it is.
    She learned how to MARK Prime and Lesser Evil Souls.
    So when they died their souls were sucked by BS.
    They never ended in normal Soul Stones probably.
    Then we recovered BS for Adria.

With Kulle it was like
    Kulle: "Now we can free humanity from demons and angels and destroy them"
    Main Char: "No, that would be murderous, i will kill you now"
    Me: "Wth, i am killing demons since begging of the game... so they kill us it is ok, we kill them it is crime."

IncGamers Member BohemianStalker's Avatar
    BattleTag Revan-2822

Many people here cannot understand how Tyrael could become a nephalem.
    Tyrael archangel of justice became a nephalem. But Nephalem is something farmore powerfull than angels or demons. Yes that would be a flawed logic but you all seem to forgot one big difference about Tyrael.

He is an aspect of Justice. He represents justice and justice is a balance. Balance among every things, small or big. Tyrael represents the very call of the space to balance itself. Not even the greatest nephalem Uldyssian ul-Diomed could stop him. Because when Uldyssian froze everyone with his power he could not do this to Tyrael , Tyrael was the only one unnaffected by it. You cant destroy justice, you can delay it but ultimately balance will find its way. Thats why he was able to change into nephalem.Because in the end, Tyrael is propably the most powerfull being in the whole diablo3 universe.

IncGamers Member BohemianStalker's Avatar
    BattleTag Revan-2822

regarding Zoltun Kulle:

I picture him as a sort of bad hero. He is twisted, he is power hungry but he wants to help humans and it almost seems his intentions, except reserving lot of power for himself, is really to help humans become nephalem.

Excuse my language now: But it would be ****ing glorious if we could accept Kulles plan and destroy demons and then , right after it go and burn the heavens with all the pompous and arrogant angels. We could spare a few , yeah but only few. Such an option in the storyline would be such a relieve. Why should I care about angels anyway? The almost wiped us from earth and I am not talking about their voting. I talk about great battle they wanted to wage in our plane(and waged before U showed them their place). **** diablo, **** angels, kill them all and lets live happily until the end of times. And I am not biased, is it wrong from me to simply kill those who wanted to destroy my whole race almost twice?

Quote Originally Posted by BohemianStalker View Post
    Many people here cannot understand how Tyrael could become a nephalem.
    Tyrael cannot become a Nephalem because Nephalem are the offspring begotten from the union of angels and demons. It's as simple as that. He chose to become mortal, but that doesn't mean he receives demonic heritage all of a sudden. All in all, he is still a seraphim. The enchantress (and probably other hirelings as well) even says as much during the game "the light of the seraphim radiates from him".

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sentarius View Post
    And possibly NOT being able to defeat Belial or Azmodan due to the lack of Soul Stones (which is I assume they went through the trouble of trapping anything in soul stones to begin with). At least the BSS gave us a mean to destroy them, while also giving the Prime Evil a mean to remanifest.