Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: How did the lesser and prime evils from D2 end up in the Black Soulstone?

1. I agree with how the hell did she..what is this..?
    2. THAT was Tathamet the great 7 headed dragon....with boob armor plates? Rawr I am legion with a period.

BattleTag Viperast-2107

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueBearer View Post
    The plot is pants-on-head for several reasons, one of which is thus:

1. We try to kill the prime evils foreverish by shattering their soulstones.
    2. Adria saves them.
    3. Nobody questions Adria's motives.

But no, they just go along with her evil plan, buying her poorly thought out cover story despite the huge gaping holes.
    One word: Expansion(s). I got all my money on Adria being the first bad guy in the xpack and I hope we'll get some more insight to her and her doings. But seeing what happened to the story I'm not very confident we'll see much. The second xpack will be about Imperius in this scenario.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by eltfreak View Post
    For the last 20 years, the blacksoulstone held no souls because it was not complete. We have to resurrect Zoltan Kulle so he'll complete the stoulstone, which he does. ONLY THEN, are the 5 souls absorbed into the BSS. I guess they're in limbo before then. When Angels die, their souls are reborn from the Arch that is the remains of that ultimate good being (forgot the name). It's sensible that something similar happens with demons. What really bothers me is that after all 7 evils are trapped within the souldstone and you actually defeat Diablo, why not shatter the BSS then? Why just throw Diablo off the ledge with the soulstone intact? Even in D2 you had the sensibility to smash the soulstones.
    It MUST be an allusion to Osama bin Laden's death! DON'T YOU SEE??!!!?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloBaal View Post
    They just ruined it in D2.
    I remember reading the manual and going "why, now you're just making **** up!"

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    I have better question, why did we killed Zoltan Kulle?
    The progression from Kulle as your ally to Kulle as your enemy wasn't done well in the game. The way I'm seeing it, your character is ultimately planning on betraying Kulle once you get the soul stone (since Kulle doesn't exactly portray himself as trustworthy) and waits until he becomes mortal before attacking him.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    I have better question, why did we killed Zoltan Kulle?
    Umm, as I remember it from killing him twice, he finishes the soulstone and asks you to join him. You say no, and he goes hostile on you. As I read the scene, Kulle wants to use the black soulstone against both heaven and hell to set up Sanctuary (e.g., himself) as a independent power base. You want to use the black soulstone only against hell (though I admit that by late Act 4 I was about ready to throw Imperius in there on general principles.)

Kulle essentially attacks you to gain sole control over the black soulstone.

BattleTag Autti-6733

Kulle says something like "With this power we can rule the world" as in he wants to use the BSS to rule over Sanctuary and make everyone Nephalem again, his original plan.

Kulle was probably my favorite character in the series

Diablo 3's story is a BIG disappointment for me. Just look at the theories we all discussed in the lore forums. We, as fans, thought much more deeply than what we have now. Not trying to take credits but check my "necklace of leah" thread and see what people theorized there... I've been pushing myself so hard to play the game I dont know why and today I just stoppped. What are we going to get iin expansions is very clear; Adria will be our new enemy, Archangel of Wisdom will be back and be pissed off and blame nephalems, he dies too, and my other guess is Inarius along with lilith because we need some demons.

Quote Originally Posted by eltfreak View Post
    What really bothers me is that after all 7 evils are trapped within the souldstone and you actually defeat Diablo, why not shatter the BSS then? Why just throw Diablo off the ledge with the soulstone intact? Even in D2 you had the sensibility to smash the soulstones.
    I don't think smashing it would do anything, Adria was lying when she said that smashing it would destroy the evils within forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Autti View Post
    Kulle says something like "With this power we can rule the world" as in he wants to use the BSS to rule over Sanctuary and make everyone Nephalem again, his original plan.

Kulle was probably my favorite character in the series
    Only i see Kulle as good guy? He wanted restore our race powers so we would be independent from demons and angels.
    And when he was ready to destroy prime evils we attacked him.
    I was like "WTF?" in this scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0blique View Post
    The progression from Kulle as your ally to Kulle as your enemy wasn't done well in the game. The way I'm seeing it, your character is ultimately planning on betraying Kulle once you get the soul stone (since Kulle doesn't exactly portray himself as trustworthy) and waits until he becomes mortal before attacking him.
    But why to betray him? He was powerful ally and he has a lot of right.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettTurner View Post
    Umm, as I remember it from killing him twice, he finishes the soulstone and asks you to join him. You say no, and he goes hostile on you. As I read the scene, Kulle wants to use the black soulstone against both heaven and hell to set up Sanctuary (e.g., himself) as a independent power base. You want to use the black soulstone only against hell (though I admit that by late Act 4 I was about ready to throw Imperius in there on general principles.)

Kulle essentially attacks you to gain sole control over the black soulstone.
    But angels aren't really good guys here.

Last edited by Smash; 31-05-2012 at 20:18.