Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

Character name: Librasulus
    Character level: 60(6)
    Character class: Monk
    Game difficulty: Inferno MP0
    Act: A3
    Death type: DC

Logged on to play some with Talman's Witch Doctor and 10 mins into the run my 80mg Fibre Pro line dropped for a minute or two and when I logged back in my Monk was gone. I spent ages hassling BT to come out and look at the exchange in the road (as well as 3 other occupants on my street) and in my opinion it has never been fixed properly (after 3-4 attempts) and after getting SKY (ISP) to stop 'reading off of a screen' and do a line test when I called them they confirmed I have a 25% line reduction and variable internet speeds (no duh...I did tell them this 500 times...) indicating a problem with the exchange and they are going to contact BT to get out and fix it so this doesn't happen again (and monkeys might fly out of my butt...)
    I am angry about it mostly because the screen was empty when I lost internet with a clear line of sight to the next parapet and then I am dead to a champion pack...Blizzard really need to effin' sort out the DC detection when I am let down by internet/phone line providers. I note that most, if not all, of the deaths here are due to Blizzard's crappy DC detection software...
    The Blackthorne's pants he was 'holding' until I needed to free up some cash were 50mil+, let alone the pair of Shenlong's fists and Inna's gear.
    Fare thee well Librasulus, I did not get to play you enough...
    EuHCL 'til I die...or lose my connection...

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Snwflake-1655

Character Name: MonkSeal
    Level: 60(37)
    Character Class: Monk
    Character Build: Master of Wind with bell dropping
    Game Difficulty: Inferno
    Act: 3, crater lvl2

Cause of demise: Was running dual handed MF gear. Ran into my worst nightmare. Two packs with waller arcane frozen vortex desecrator jailor + something. Worst part was I could have got away, but thought I had seperated the two packs, so I turned to kill what I thought was only 1 pack. I was wrong... This was my first HC character, approx 140hours played :(

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Diablo III RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

Character name: ZappaFanWTF
    Character level: 60(100)
    Character class: Barbarian
    Character build: Mace/Shield
    Game difficulty: MP8 Inferno
    Act: Festering Woods
    Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: Well I can't believe I'm posting this already after having just dinged Paragon 100 this past weekend, but such is the life, and death, of Hardcore. First game of the night was starting out a round of MP8 Ubers, went to Festering Woods wp to look for our first stack. Nasty elite pack right at the wp and my pc slowed down to a crawl with new game lag really badly. Really really slow frames, actually managed to pop WotB and tried to leap/run away but my pc just wasn't responding. Time to rebuild!

Eschew obfuscation!

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

...and a quick reminder to please not post comments on people's deeds in this thread (thanks!!)
    Eschew obfuscation!

IncGamers Member

Character Name: Meat
    Level: 22
    Character Class: Baba
    Character Build: Sword/Shield
    Game Difficulty: Normal MP10
    Act: 2, Dahlgur Oasis
    Executioner: Dune Dervish
    Cause of Death: User Incompetence

I'm posting this because it was my first HC death in D3 and I fell really stupid about how it occurred. I logged in & was ready to quest. Right out of the gate I hit a dune dervish who almost bagged me on the spot. I made a run for it while popping a heal pot and hit a wall of baddies that my templar merc had so thoughfully engaged. No relief there so only chance is to head back to level entrance guarded by dervish. I tried to skirt around but ended up having to engage. After a valiant yet short battle, my corpse became a part of the landscaping. I was a bit mystified about how quickly my health vanished until I remember that the night before I was playing around with the MP settings & forgot to reset it......D'OH!

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Death Certificate

Character name: DeadManWalks
    Character level: 60(28)
    Character build: Axe/Shield
    Game difficulty: MP1 InfernoAct 1: Leorics Manor

I was getting 5 stacks and just entered the Leorics manor and ran into a Jailer Arcane Enchanted Electrified something or other.. I was killed by an Arcane Sentry which is liek the 3rd time thats happened to me.. I think this might be the END OF THE LINE for me ... Tired of dying and spending countless hours leveling and finging nothing... SIGH
    Last edited by TheDarkSide; 21-05-2013 at 10:15.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag iMikee-2957

Death Certificate

Character name: Babba
    Character level: 60(34)
    Character build: Spear/Shield
    Game difficulty: MP4 Inferno
    Act: 3

Cause of demise: Was preparing an MP4 key run in A3 so i could invite friends but got a DC and died.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bulvine-1904

Character Name: Thunaer
    Level: 60(22)
    Character Class: Barbarian
    Character build: WW/Sprint and Cleave,Hota,Rend, Sword and Board
    Act: 1 MP2
    Death Type: PvM

Cause of demise: Lag, saw health go down fighting the pack with poison and fire chains. Used a potion no health gain, spun over health globes no health gain. Rubber banded back into the middle of the poison/fire chains and I was dead.

Good news is this is the motivation I need to start my monk

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Character Name: Sengchou
    Level: 60(49)
    Character Class: Monk
    Character build: Sword and Board, Fot/SW/Bells
    Act: 1 MP4
    Death Type: PvM

Cause of demise: Was playing a public MP4 game when we went to fields, really good party so extremely easy. We encountered the KW and I was worried one of the late joiners didn't have 5 stacks so I asked. Got no reply but I just idled a bit and walked over to the KW.

Can't really explain why, I stopped playing and was watching the conversation standing NEXT to the Keywarden. Suddenly my health dropped to 5% and I was like WTF?? As I was typing I had to scramble for the Serenity key but nothing happened. Screen still red, no death message, I looked at keyboard and found the serenity key, hit it nothing happened. I might have died just then, don't know.

Then it registered I was standing in like 8 spores... Lesson learned: even when you can rock MP7 you cannot idle in MP4 spores+keywarden. What a way to go, at least it was my own fault :-)

IncGamers Member

Character name: [COLOR=#f30000]Morpheus[/COLOR]
    Character level: [COLOR=#f30000]lvl 36[/COLOR]
    Character class: monk
    Character build: [COLOR=#f30000]weapon and shield, Wave of Light build[/COLOR]
    Game difficulty: Nightmare
    Act: Act 1

Cause of demise: I was in the Kharza fields and just killed a gold mob when I got disconnected from the Blizzard server. When I logged back on in the character selection screen, it showed my monk as dead. Lets see if MorpheusJR can avenge his dad's death lol.