Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends

Character Name: AlyssII
    Level: 60(46)
    Character Class: Wizard
    Character build: CM WW
    Game Difficulty: Inferno
    Act: 1 MP6
    Death Type: PvM

going for a Uber run with some friends for the first time on MP6we had got the 5 NV stack but I suggested we look for a nice shrine to make it a bit easier. WP to leoric I teleported behead all cocky a hit a pack of freeze arcane something something cultist. Thinking I could tank it out all by myself I refused to move out of the way of their freeze bombs and paid the price as three beams dropped on top of me whilst well and truly frozen. Popped my health pot but was quickly followed by my unstable anomaly popping followed just a quick by deeds .

Oh well lessons learnt, next time more care will be taken on the wind up when acting alone at higher Monster Powers, or jsut don't play like an idiot!!

Towen

IncGamers Member

Character name: Insanity.
    Character level: 16.
    Character class: Barbarian.
    Character build: Tank Barb.
    Game difficulty: Normal.
    Act: Leoric's Manor.
    Death type: PvM.

Cause of demise: Lag. I'm doing great, minimal lag with my new drive, I'm actually starting to think I'll get somewhere with this. Then I freeze for 15 seconds when entering the manor and mobs were right there at the door waiting. Needless to say I zoned in dead without any chance of reacting.

Character name: Mosin
    Character level: 60 (51)
    Character class: Monk
    Character build: backlash
    Game difficulty: Inferno
    Act: Act1 MP1
    Death type: Game lock up

Cause of demise: Antivirus locked my game up for the first time ever, asking for permission for some crap.

BattleTag Jotunn-2915

Character Name: AlreadyDead
    Level: 60(37)
    Character Class: Barbarian
    Character build: Sprint/Whirl
    Act: 1 MP5

Cause of Demise: I wanted to get a bit more xp but none of my usual friends were around. Joined public games, but they were always right at the end. Started my own and opened to public so we could get a run going from the start, but thought I would head into Festering and get started while I wait. Engaged a Vortex, Arcane, Frozen, Desecrator while my WotB was not up. Decided to retreat, but got vortexed back right on top of the middle of an arcane (like, on the central orb) just as the frozen i was running away from popped. Took the arcane for the full duration of the frozen, popped pot, started to run, vortexed right back into the arcane. Deeds. I have to take the blame for this one. Killed by my own hubris, getting complacent on higher mp levels is a quick trip to death.

IncGamers Member

Character Name: Moilaana
    Level: 60(28)
    Character Class: Demon Hunter
    Character build: SoT/BL
    Act: 1 MP3

Cause of Demise: Stupidity. I was a bit behind of the group and decided to vault to a pack to help out my teammates (which really needed no help at all) without checking the mods. I saw the frozen but thought I could get to a save spot, which was a mistake. In the instant I got frozen two arcane orbs popped up next to me, and of course both beams went into the worst direction and directly through me, melting my 78k health away. I knew from the start of my character that not putting SS on my bar (vaulting and laying traps is so much more fun!) would be my end sooner or later, and there it was. Those 50h were a lot of fun though!

Character name: Immortina IV
    Character level: 59
    Character class: DH
    Game difficulty: Hell
    Act: Act 3, Armory
    Death type: AFK.

New DH, 10 hours played, 100% solo without any friend rushes, and I was relaxing on the home stretch to 60. I'd just spent an hour pricing gear, designing what I was going to wear in Inferno (hadn't bought any of it yet). I cleared Keep 2 and 3 to get to level 59.75 and then ran over to the Armory. As I clicked the door my cat, in her usual bed on my desk, started freaking out, doing that "stare at the empty corner behind me" thing. So I turned to look, nothing there, carried her over to look, then put her in the window and she hopped out onto the roof. I then returned my attention to D3... and saw the screen below.

Yes, I died while AFK to those crawling PoS things that come out of the Black Soulstone. Dunno how long it took them to chew me up; I was over 44k hps and they're not exactly Phase Beasts, but I was not looking at the computer for at least 30 seconds and that was clearly long enough.

I blame D3's lame music! I usually play with the volume down low and music playing so I didn't hear the crunching sounds.

I blame the site readers! For their foolish, "The DH isn't squishy!" heretical commentary motivating me to do another hardcore Demon Hunter after wisely resisting the death wish urge for the past few months.

I didn't lose anything expensive; had a 1220 dps windforce with -lvl req on, but I found that myself. I had my worst Dex HR on, but it's not hard to replace. (Oh yeah, I had a flawless star ruby in my hat, and that's about 6m in HC, so that's my most expensive loss.) Nothing else was more than 100k in price or value. The gold loss is annoying, though minor to my overall fortune, so mostly I'm mad at such a stupid and pointless death. Yes, they're all stupid and pointless, but this one especially so! At least it didn't happen .25 levels later, after I'd spent 200m to gear up for Inferno.

--Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Diablo III RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

Character name: Avani
    Character level: Paragon 51
    Character class: Barbarian
    Character build: Sword/board Frenzy/Rend
    Game difficulty: Inferno
    Act: Act IV
    Death type: Operator Stupidity

Cause of demise: Avani hit Paragon 50 I decided it was time to quest to the end and kill Inferno Diablo. At Paragon 51 and cruising through Act IV met up with some Champion Mallet Lords while being semi-distracted by having a conversation with my gf, not paying enough attention to what I was doing and died a very foolish and preventable death. Unforgivable!
    Eschew obfuscation!

IncGamers Member

Character name: NotQuiteDead
    Character level: 27
    Character class: Wizard
    Character build: I'ma FIRIN MY LAZOR!
    Game difficulty: Normal
    Act: Act III
    Death type: Lag + Trapped at corner what do?

Cause of demise: After plowing through act 2 I decided to go straight into act 3 without even bothering to improve my gear. I was fine until I aggroed an elite, goblin, and lag all at once and by the time the pause went through I was at low life and pinned between 30 mobs and a corner due to knockback and lag. I hit diamond skin and tried to fight my way out... nope, didn't happen. At least I decided against passing over my Cain's set.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Boglav-2570

Character Name: Punch
    Level: 43
    Character Class: Monk, self-found
    Game Difficulty: NM
    Act: 3 MP 0

Cause of Demise: Lack of sleep. I had slept just for 3 hours then went for a 5-hour drive. Was too tired to sleep (yeah, that happens) and decided to level my monk. No public games available, so went in solo. First pack had chains+jailer. Didn't even realize I was dead. That was the story of my first death in HC.

IncGamers Member

Character Name: Suicidal.
    Level: 39.
    Character Class: Death Hunter.
    Game Difficulty: NM Act 1.
    Character build: We took the pewpewpew... and then doubled it! (Rapid Fire/Sentry)
    Death Type: Equal opportunity derp/lag/failure of ranged combat.

So I'm blasting through the Halls of Agony no problem, not unlike the last few acts (as much as DHers have trouble later on... they're actually the strongest class at low levels). Unless of course you blow down a door and get a purple elite, think ok no problem, then an instant later some fast mortar berserkers run in. Cue running across half the map trying to avoid and kill them while taking a ton of damage no matter what range I'm at or what I'm doing and pausing several times the instant I get a hint of lag to save myself from it. One pause leaves me at critical health with no potions. I immediately shadow power and fire away and start healing. Just as I think oh, I can get out of this one winds up for a big swing, I vault away and get smashed anyways. Deeds.

So much for being one level away from being caught up with someone for a duo eh?

Had some really nice gear on for the level, but also got Slave Bonds shortly before death and had the sense to stash them so not too annoyed... more the sort of stuff you can't find on the AH often at all than the sort that costs a lot. Oh well, my naming schemes are uncannily accurate.