Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Whirlwind Barbarian impossible to build?

Someone I know told me that in diablo 3, its impossible to build a "Whirlwind barbarian".
    What he meant was, WW cannot be your MAIN skill, because it requires 16 fury, which you will need to generate with other skills.

Back in diablo 2, mana leech let you be a whirlwind barbarian, and WW around whenever you were in combat. But there is no fury leech obviously (never was), BUT there are no fury regen items anymore? (latest datamined info)

He said you have to use some skill like bash to generate fury, then use whirlwind for a limited time, before having to use bash/fury generating skills again.

I thought back in like 2010 you could make a WW barbarian by manipulating items (fury regeneration), passives (fury decay and fury regen increase - this one still exists though), and some skills.

But now this is impossible to do? At best you can whirlwind a few times, but will be forced to use other skills just to use whirlwind.

Were fury renegerating items removed?
    Can someoen share some information and if someone was going to make a whirlwind barbarian can they link me their build please?

Thanks

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

Re: Whirlwind Barbarian impossible to build?

Well, they wanted D3 to be a lot more about using a group of skills that work well together, than about spamming your favorite. I still think you'll use enough to feel like a WW barb. It's not that your forced to use other skills, it's just that combat has become a lot more dynamics this time around. For one, if you just WW all the time, you'll probably die a lot sooner, since defensive abilities are very useful and can save your life.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhXdkT!YWh!ZYaZZY

With this build, you could probably WW quite often. Tons of fury generation, basically. =/

How effective it is in actual practice is anyone's guess.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the information bro, now I know what I have to do.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Moved from D3 General.

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

IncGamers Member

My WW barb...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Sgk!eVY!bccccc

I will go sword and board with him but you could probably go two handers with him if you aren't playing HC.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

I WW almost non stop at lvl 24. Stomp/revenge generate instant rage, and I will add war shout at 28. I do cleave once in awhile, but very rarely.

IncGamers Member

^ Yep just grab as many big fury generators as possible. BTW get Weapon master and use Mighty Weapons <- +3 Fury per hit means as long as you do 6 hits per whirlwind you can spam it non stop with out using anything else (in theory anyway).

Yeah fulltime blender mode in big groups with revenge/vengeance is mine is really really really awesome.

Btw, revenge/vengeance is mine is insanely cool. I got whirlwind (before the emergency manutention realm down thing), but I don't even bother to use it... I'm rather gather the foes around me, stun them, use revenge/earthquake and keep my fury full to use the passive skill bonus. If the build proves worthy at least at end normal I'll maybe post it somewhere...

IncGamers Member

Try leap, ground stomp, revenge and ww. They work absolutely well together.