Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Severly disappointing items

This thread is for people that are severely disappointed in the Legendary and Set items shown on the Diablo 3 website.
    I can't comprehend why some people are fine with boring and generic special items. The Legendary and Set items that have something unique to them can be counted on one hand, and even those items disappoint in my opinion. I don't see how 20 Life per Fury spent will have a gamechanging effect, infact i don't see how it will even have a noticable effect when 20K health will not be uncommon at that level.
    It's not just the complete lack of interesting unique properties, virtually all affixes found on Legendaries can be beaten by a Rare item, meaning that all Legendary items eventually completely lose their usefulness. This is terrible design to have Legendaries only exist as placeholders until you find a Rare that beats it on every level.
    I want to wield a Legendary Mighty Weapon known to have an ungodly amount of Strength to make up for it's poor weapon damage.
    I want to wield a Legendary cursed Dagger that drains your life but makes up for it by having a higher then any Rare amount of life leech.
    I want Legendary and Set items with unique and interesting properties god dammit, properties that might even define entire builds like Iceblink, Buriza, Stormlash, Stormshield, Windhammer, Kuko Shakaku, Witchwild String, Hand of Justice, Rift, Trang-Oul and countless more.
    I want to have items with extra unique benefits to certain skills, increasing the amount of magic missiles for example, or the radius of Frost Nova.
    I think the failure to include interesting special items in a game that revolves around items is inexcusable.

BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

Re: Severly disappointing items

first please factor your OP better, its on the verge of causing eye-cancer.

Then did you notice the reducing cooldown of certain skills items yet? These will be quite the game changer in synergy with other cooldown reducing passives and effects.

Other then that, they specifically said they wanted to go back to the roots of DII classic where rare items were the ones being able to have the most awesome stats. Plus there is also the expansion coming up so in the usual tradition there has to be some room at the top.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

I can assure you that you'll probably never get most of these items anyway.

BattleTag LifePincher-1891

Magic items will rule again I believe.
    Screw rares, they did nothing for me in D2. Neither did the crappy sets.

Do you believe in Magic?

Banned

Ah yeah the expansion, we've been waiting eleven years for a new Diablo game and now that it's here we have to wait for the expansion in order to have Legendary items that possibly don't suck balls for some reason Blizzard never mentioned but we all have to believe in because you said so.
    @ RazeBarb: I can assure you i don't give a **** because of how mindnumbingly boring they are.
    @ LifePincher: I believe every item type should have it's own uses, Magic item should excel in the limited amount of affixes they can have making them sought after for that reason.

IncGamers Member

d2 != d3

This game sucks. I'm just glad Torchlight 2 is coming out soon.... 1/3 the price and 10x better than this POS.

I think it's fine. We still probably got 2 expansions so a lot of time for improving itemization.

IncGamers Member

Legendary items that define builds and are even situationally better than a theoretical perfect rare are exactly what Blizzard wanted to avoid with D3. Rares are the be-all end-all of Diablo 3. It isn't as interesting as legendaries with stats unique enough that something you get in Normal is still the best for its slot in Inferno, but I think this is better for the game overall. Beyond that, the way various stats interact with each other and skills looks like it will offer a lot of interesting variety for the time being. Game-changing stuff can wait until the first expansion.

IncGamers Member

The names are more disappointing than anything. I can't believe there's stuff like Captain Crimson's Codpiece or Hammer Jammer pants in the game... So far I haven't seen a single cool name on the Legs. "Unending War"? "Boj Anglers"? "Cluckeye"? Wtf... They even left Murlocket in the game! I don't want lame puns as the names of my precious items. Still, I'm sure I'll get over this and play the game to death, I've waited too long to bail out over cosmetics. But after 10 years every single item should drop your eyes out, in terms of effects, name and looks (those are pretty good on most items at least).

Diablo: IncGamers Member

Maybe it's just some elaborate joke?