Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

IncGamers Member

Starting grail hunt

So I've decided that I'm going to begin trying to complete the grail of every set and unique in the game. Does anyone have any pointers to help me out on this journey?

IncGamers Member

Re: Starting grail hunt

Hrus' MF guide is excellent, and there is the Grail thread to record progress and look for inspiration. For such an ambitious goal, efficiency is an important consideration!

IncGamers Member

Get mf, don't sacrifice MF for kill speed, many runs needed.

go find a checklist and get going:P

BattleTag TheNix-6417

GoMule comes with a built in Flavie (grail checklist). You'll need it to mule all your items, so, if you already don't have GoMule, download it and drive yourself mad trying to complete the grail.

*only 7 more to go*
    *only 7 more to go*
    *only 7 more to go*
    *only 7 more to go*
    *Arrggggghhhh!*

IncGamers Member

which 7 for you nix? I have 14 to go, haven't had one in 4 years, but haven't really played in areas that can drop them in a long time ..

BattleTag TheNix-6417

Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
    which 7 for you nix?
    I've been working on the self-found grail for a while, but it seems to have come to a screeching stop.

Code:
    Metalgrid
    Halaberd's Reign
    BKWB
    Tyrael's Might (hard to believe I know:tongue:)
    Stormlash
    The Cranium Basher
    Death's Web
    Sorry for the hijack Hybridreamer, but a grail IS an acceptable passtime for the insane.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNix View Post
    Sorry for the hijack Hybridreamer, but a grail IS an acceptable passtime for the insane.
    Not a problem, I'm in the insane club as well. I mean who starts a D2 grail quest less then a week before D3 comes out?

IncGamers Member

GoMule comes with a built in Flavie (grail checklist). You'll need it to mule all your items, so, if you already don't have GoMule, download it and drive yourself mad trying to complete the grail.

*only 7 more to go*
    *only 7 more to go*
    *only 7 more to go*
    *only 7 more to go*
    *Arrggggghhhh!*
    I've been working on the self-found grail for a while, but it seems to have come to a screeching stop.

Code:
    Metalgrid
    Halaberd's Reign
    BKWB
    Tyrael's Might (hard to believe I know:tongue:)
    Stormlash
    The Cranium Basher
    Death's Web
    Haha yes.
    It gets insanely hard to find new items when you have only 50 or so left. I have been at 89% grail for a while but then I haven't really put any effort in magic finding for months. Of your list I have a metalgrid and cranium basher but that's just luck I suppose.

I agree that one must probably be obsessed or insane to do grails, runeword grails, level 99ers and whatnot. Personally I have much more modest ( but still ambitious ) goals- to make a 'breath of the dying' runeword. And enigma, and maybe faith and pride. Things like 'Brand', 'Destruction', 'Phoenix' would maybe be fun for a while but not really effective and certainly not worth grinding for hours over. As for unique items I almost don't care about them anymore except that a Death's Web would be nice.

Fabian's writeup and video was very nice, thanks for the link. I was planning a MF barb along those lines for a while, except with whirlwind. I thought of using a 5 Ist rune master for CBF+MF ( instead of cham ), and Immortal King's Will / ptopaz stealskull instead of shako.

Don't waste too much time in areas where items like Tyreal's Might can't drop... say running Pindle or Meph. These guys drop the bulk of the items quicker, but you're wasting your time with the hunt for the grail. It takes a long time... and a lot of runs. I recommend running the Pits and/or Ancient Tunnels instead of running Baal+minions, but to each his own. It was once figured out that it would take more time to complete this task than getting a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shagsbeard View Post
    Don't waste too much time in areas where items like Tyreal's Might can't drop... say running Pindle or Meph. These guys drop the bulk of the items quicker, but you're wasting your time with the hunt for the grail. It takes a long time... and a lot of runs. I recommend running the Pits and/or Ancient Tunnels instead of running Baal+minions, but to each his own. It was once figured out that it would take more time to complete this task than getting a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
    Don't know what that means in terms of hours (Bachelor's degree in Computer Science), but it sounds silly to me, especially so with a good/great MF character.