Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Regeneration and Dam Redux.

Again, all calcs based on this build: http://diablonut.incgamers.com/planner/22272

Using the armor formula from this thread and including the 25% armor bonus and vit-to-armor bonus from passives, I get 89% redux from armor alone.

That leaves us with .11 incoming damage per point.

The resist forumla is the same, as far as I know, from this thread. That gives us a resist overall dam redux of 73%.

That leaves us with .03 incoming damage per point.

Next, we factor in the 90% damage-to-health (no need for a formula, it is self explanatory.)

That leaves us with .003 incoming damage per point.

Finally, we factor in the innate 30% redux the barb has.

Our final number is .0021 incoming damage per point (should note here I am not factoring the additional 20% resist against elemental the build has.)

With .0021 incoming damage per point, and 3000 hp/second regeneration, this build tanks:

1,428,000 Hp/second passively.

Revenge heals an effective 650,000 hp per monster struck with it.

Admittedly, it requires kinda good gear

how do you come to 73% from resists? what is mLVL? I assume mosnter level? if yes, when I put in 760 I get around 20% only.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by zUkUu View Post
    how do you come to 73% from resists? what is mLVL? I assume mosnter level? if yes, when I put in 760 I get around 20% only.
    (.2*850/63)/(1+.2*850/63) = .729613 ~ 73% dam redux.

I'm assuming perfect gear for all calcs. Habit from my EvE days when all calcs assumed "all V."

Quote Originally Posted by larcatnecro View Post
    (.2*850/63)/(1+.2*850/63) = .729613 ~ 73% dam redux.

I'm assuming perfect gear for all calcs. Habit from my EvE days when all calcs assumed "all V."
    ah I copied the "armor" formula as I didn't noticed there is a difference in form of 0.02 and 0.2.

IncGamers Member

ah I copied the "armor" formula as I didn't noticed there is a difference in form of 0.02 and 0.2.
    No idea why they didn't keep their decimal point in the same spot, but *shrug*.

IncGamers Member

So anyways, unless something changes (I.E that stupid affix doesn't drop), there are certainly some ways to, on the surface, break inferno.

So anyways, unless something changes (I.E that stupid affix doesn't drop), there are certainly some ways to, on the surface, break inferno.
    tho it needs inferno gear to break it.

I'm pretty baffled with the all-resistance scaling from int. lvl 60 WD has inherently a mere 5% damage reduction... and with FULL maximum mana end gear around 30%... comparing that you can get +70 per pierce from almost any gear slot it's disappointing to say the least. If I use 760 from gar alone or 905 (with full high end maximum int gear + base int) is almost neglectable.
    71% from +all resist alone vs 74% with int and resist on all slots >_>

IncGamers Member

I'm pretty baffled with the all-resistance scaling from int. lvl 60 WD has inherently a mere 5% damage reduction... and with FULL maximum mana end gear around 30%... comparing that you can get +70 per pierce from almost any gear slot it's disappointing to say the least. If I use 760 from gar alone or 905 (with full high end maximum int gear + base int) is almost neglectable.
    The gear in this game is much more powerful in terms of numbers than it was in D2, basically. D2 gear based abilities wear obviously much crazier though.

IncGamers Member

Actually, that is about comparable. Barb has 187 armor naked at hero, which is effectively ****all. Or, exactly, 6%. So the same.

I think you aren't stacking as much INT as you can on gear. You can get INT in a primary and a secondary slot.

Actually, that is about comparable. Barb has 187 armor naked at hero, which is effectively ****all. Or, exactly, 6%. So the same.

I think you aren't stacking as much INT as you can on gear. You can get INT in a primary and a secondary slot.
    primary = single int, secondary int/vit or how does it work?