Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    IncGamers Member

Re: Regeneration and Dam Redux.

One thing I'm confused about is the quoted "90%" DTH you've been using. Don't all sources of DTH get calculated separately with the result being multiplicative? If you have 9 10% DTH affixes you would have 61% DR wouldn't you?

Inferno Leoric with his 15.7 million HP and unknown damage reduction says hi.

You're right, you will be able to kill anything (unless monsters have HP regen), but how long will it take? Doing a build like this is fun, but it's really inefficient. If you want, I tell you how much HP the last boss has. 20k base DPS (I used the average) won't cut it it Inferno (the boss fights will take ridiculously long) and active skills won't be enough to boost your damage I think.

Last edited by HardRock; 14-05-2012 at 16:10.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigbootyjudy View Post
    One thing I'm confused about is the quoted "90%" DTH you've been using. Don't all sources of DTH get calculated separately with the result being multiplicative? If you have 9 10% DTH affixes you would have 61% DR wouldn't you?
    Maybe. Most things from gear get batched and then calculated (armor, resists.)

IncGamers Member

So you calculated your resistance using the diablonut value of 758-857? I was wondering if the affix "resistance to all elements" applies to physical as the planner says it does. If it doesn't, you can't include it when working out EHP against physical attacks.

Check out my witch doctor build which is very similar to yours: http://diablonut.incgamers.com/planner/35500 My armor is higher and with soul harvest active my resistance is near yours too but my build has less life. So the only real difference is that the barb gets 30% DR + 20% resist elements + 20% DR from threatening shout (along with the life regen from attack skills) for a total of 55.2% DR whereas the WD gets 10% from life link + 20% jungle fortitude + 20% bad medicine for 42.4% DR.

The WD is also ranged and has pets plus spirit vessel so I'm thinking the WD might be the better HC character but a party with both a WD and Barbarian (and monk too) would have to serious ****ing damage resistance. Let's hope they keep the %damage taken is converted to life eh?

IncGamers Member

And why not use War Cry? With the hardened wrath rune and using the items from my WD build you could have 42501 armor although the Impunity rune would probably be way better.

IncGamers Member

Hmm heres a question are you sure that all those mods can spawn at the same time? And have you seen the damage taken converted to health mod in game at all?