Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BattleTag Sass-1761

Re: Diablo is NOT female!

Quote Originally Posted by CyCo View Post
    Divergent from actual topic , but there are 7 .. you forgot Andariel, lord of pain .. the maggot found in tal rashas tomb in D2 .. See book of cain for more ..

And you are right, female host is possible, but diablo is male ..
    He says all 7. Duriel is the Lord of Pain, and he lists it right before mentioning the 7th Evil: Andariel, Maiden of Anguish.

IncGamers Member

Spoiler

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Unfortunately HE is !!

I was very disapointed to see the end result of the series come down to Leah being Diablo . I was expecting that Leah would take over for Cain and be the next Horadrim, now it appears "all hope is indeed lost " and all the Horadrim are indeed gone. Maybe this leads to the next game expansion or something but to make Leah a character they explain her to be in the Dev videos and then kill her off in the next act just dont make sense to me really ....

Looking forward to the game and seeing how the additional expansions go , but sadly disapointed as well about some things !!

IncGamers Member

According to medieval texts and iconography, devils (and angels as well) are hermaphroditic beings – both male and female. All these genus-related speculations make no sense.

BattleTag nurman-2854

Demons in Diablo universe do not have, as far as I know, set-down genders, so yeah, hermaphroditic properties are applicable.

As a basic, Baal, Mephisto and Diablo have masculine personalities, most likely just to get the characters more of a personality.

Also, Diablo inherited in D2 a more lizardly-like from Aidan (Dark Wanderer) and the sheablo-form from Leah.
    Mephisto most likely had Que-Hegan as his host and Baal, while inheriting a bit more playful personality from Tal Rasha. Both Mephy and Baal inherited more human-like appearances, too.

Same could be said for Belial. He, in D3, has in his "real form" a massive body and chaotic area, most likely being a notion towards his host, Emperor Hakan being a child and the greater amount of imaginary capabilities children have.

IncGamers Member

I'm no expert but Diablo never wore pants and I don't remember seeing a big red hammer swinging between his legs... Actually, the Diaboobs kind ruined the whole story for me, more so than killing off Cain in such a crappy way, I mean Leah gets blasted by what's his face when she's standing in front of the gates of heaven to reveal Ultra-Diablo's true form, then his true form comes out with tits because the host he was hiding in was female? I know the game was designed for a young girl but did they have to get her to write the story too?

The "boobs" aren't a gender controversy, it's just horribly bad writing.
    Last edited by Concupisco Quaestus; 09-08-2013 at 10:52.