Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    IncGamers Member

Re: [ULTIMATE SPOILERS] Just Saw the Cinematics. What's left for the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by demasked View Post
    Does the Black Soul Stone really have all the 7 evils inside?

I thought it would only have Azmodan and Belial inside. Or did Adria (by herself or with someone else helping) gather the other prime/lesser evils inside the black soul stone between d2 and d3 and just needed some help in getting to Belial/Azmodan.

Basically Diablo was awakened by using the black soul stone which only had Belial/Azmodan. Maybe Diablo gets sucked into the black soul stone after dying which would make bringing back tathamet back that much easier.
    Its does have all 7 evils in it, if you played attention you would of seen 5 Souls being inserted in it when it was made whole, as for how by some mumbojumbo magic that Big D told Adria to do. The Black soul stone etc is all part of Diablo plan to remake Tathamet aka the Prime Evil with himself as the controlling entity. As for Tathamet not being able to materialize that only applies to the plane of Sanctuary, theres no restriction on the plane of Heaven. He manages to do it by using Leah body as protection during the few seconds he on Sanctuary.

As for the expansion well heres my thoughts.
    1: Adria we have got to find and kill her (TBH she is the most evil of all of Diablo characters).
    2: Malthael what happened to him.
    3: The Black-soul Stone we saw it fall (I think) but what happened to it and the Evils souls, possible that Big D and co could all come back again...
    4: Since there stuff said by Tyrael about redeeming Leah soul might see more stuff relating to her unless it just refers to destroying Diablo's physical body.

Last edited by The Rockman; 21-07-2012 at 17:15.

BattleTag Viperast-2107

Quote Originally Posted by The Rockman View Post
    3: The Black-soul Stone we saw it fall (I think) but what happened to it and the Evils souls, possible that Big D and co could all come back again...
    Maybe the soulstone fell into pieces as it fell from the High Heavens and the player has to look for the shards and destroy them one by one before Adria gets to them.

I personally would love some Inarius, Lilith and sweet Nephalem-action.

IncGamers Member

The more I think about it, the more I realise Lillith/Inarius should be Diablo 4, not an expansion. Our grandkids will love it.

BattleTag Brokenstorm-1880

If the soulstone fell, it didn't fall to sanctuary but to Pandemonium.
    Remember who is roaming the halls of the Pandemonium Forteress.
    Yeah you pretty much have your expansion right there.

Mathael finds it, realize what it is and that the world can't survive without balance, you can pretty much guess what will happen next.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenstorm View Post
    If the soulstone fell, it didn't fall to sanctuary but to Pandemonium.
    Remember who is roaming the halls of the Pandemonium Forteress.
    Yeah you pretty much have your expansion right there.

Mathael finds it, realize what it is and that the world can't survive without balance, you can pretty much guess what will happen next.
    Yeah, I felt the in-game text implied there's a future for Mathael in an expansion. Also, don't forget who else is still "roaming" out there, somebody who tried to put an end to the Nephalem before it became fashionable. Inarius. Got a feeling Mathael rescues/releases Inarius. Tyrael even implies in the game something like "look at what evil did to Zulton Kulle and Leoric. The more you fight evil, the more it drives you mad". And... Inarius has had oodles of time to be driven/corrupted into madness.

Imperius fits in there somewhere. Either he is corrupted by his wound or he willingly infects himself with the black soulstone. Not sure.

IncGamers Member

First we'll have to look for the soulstone to destroy it.

Imperius will kill the angels that help you while on heaven, vanish Tyrael and then build an angelic army to destroy humanity while blaming it of the almost destruction of heaven. This will be all orchestrated by Mathael who will have been working with Adria and Diablo for a while now.

So basically first you'll need to fight adria while both searching for the soulstone, then Imperius, who deserves it cause he was quite a dick during the whole time he appeared and then we'll have to go make an ashtray out of Mathael's skull, or whatever it is angels have.

EDIT: Regardless on how "I just invented whatever story I would like to see". Imperius will most definitely be an enemy, he was still moving when we go to fight Diablo which shows that though weakened, he was still alive. During the whole game he was a dick and before he falled he was just about to battle us, the fact that no cinematic or anything showed him being regretful of his dickishness and thanking us for saving the high heavens leaves him in the position in which he was about to go all berserk on us.

Bring it on Imperius you suck.

IncGamers Member

I definitely think we will need to find the black soulstone and Adria in an expansion. Malthael could be the angel that trained the enchantress if you listen closely to her dialog stuff. He knew it was coming and prepared someone for this task or at least help with the task. But I think the next big vilain in line is Imperius which hates humans with a passion and without needing to worry about hell anymore, may just be the one to try and kill humanity since Tyrael is mortal and less of a problem to him now (his vote saved us last time).

They said that this timeline of Diablo would end with Diablo 3 so if there is a Diablo 4 it will be in the past somewhere, hoping for the eternal conflict or something alike.