Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: [ULTIMATE SPOILERS] Just Saw the Cinematics. What's left for the expansion?

For the last expansion Lilith coming back to reclaim her children could be fun. Maybe Inarius can come along for the ride too.

IncGamers Member

In my first play through, I played with the enchantress. When I was closing Diablo's hell portals, she said something like, "I wonder why Imperius doesn't close the portals to Hell himself?".

I expect Imperius to have a big role in the expansion.

IncGamers Member GoldenredDragon's Avatar
    BattleTag GoldenDragon-2226

Imperius wants the eternal conflict to continue. He is valor. And valor can only prove itself when there is battle. Otherwise, he bores himself to death in heaven. Valor turns to Pride, as Wisdom is lost.

G.R.D. (Definitely Imperius. Oh wait, he's "dead"...)

IncGamers Member

That is still a loose end. There are a few things that the game plot fails to provide a proper conclusion:

1. Fate of Adria; after she opens her red portal at the end of act 3, she is never heard from again. Where has she gone?

2. Fate of Crystal Arch: yes, Diablo would have, at the very least, damaged it, but are there any permanent effects to Angels and Archangels? We don't know, we have absolutely no idea what happens to even the Angiris Council, apart from the fact that Tyrael has returned to that council while being the sole mortal in the Council (at least he claims to have anyway). Therefore the fate of every single angel in heaven is still a very big question mark. If angels were indeed all killed because Diablo got to the Crystal Arch, then it'd be amazing how fragile heaven actually is. I would not be surprised if Imperius survived, having seen what a single Nephalem could lead to (IE Heaven in ruins), leads an army of Angels and invade Sanctuary to eradicate all 'Nephalems'. Would be fun to see an expansions where instead of fighting demons and having angels as allies, you now fight angels with demons as allies.

3. Fate of the Black Soul Stone : this one is possibly the most obvious, Diablo's 'corpse' was allowed to simply be thrown away from heaven down to Sanctuary (at least that's what the Fallen Star would suggest, one falls from Heaven to sanctuary literally), rather than simply be destroyed and end the existence of the Prime Evil for once and for all (although there may be reasons for that, for something to be perceived as good, you need something else that is perceived as evil). Maybe Adria would notice that the Prime Evil could still be resurrected as long as the Black Soulstone still was in tact. Perhaps the plot would involve chasing down the whereabouts of the Soul Stone, find Adria has taken it to hell to find a suitable body for it (possibly one made from the remnant blood of all of the evils that make up the Prime Evil), one which would make the Prime Evil rival that of the original Prime Evil in legends in terms of power. You confront and kill her, but only to find the soul stone is very nearly reincarnated. Leaving with no choice, you bring the soul stone to Hell forge, shatter it into 7 pieces, and now fight the 7 Evils individually (Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Andariel, Duriel, Belial and Azmodan). The 7 evils defeated reunites the Black Soulstone, and as the final showdown, defeat the now weakened true Prime Evil, and shatter the Black Soulstone into million pieces, eradicating Hell leadership forever.

4. The fate of the 7 Heroes from D2. The only one we know is Barbarian, and the Necromancer is mentioned, but as far as I know none of the other 5 are.

BattleTag Sass-1761

It's a cliff hanger because we have 2 more games on the way. D2C ended with a cliffhanger of Baal getting the stone and burning Marius' prison, but no conclusion until LOD came, which was STILL a cliffhanger.

Stories have suspense. It's part of writing. I believe loose ends aren't a bad thing at this point of the game life because we have so much more content on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    It's a cliff hanger because we have 2 more games on the way. D2C ended with a cliffhanger of Baal getting the stone and burning Marius' prison, but no conclusion until LOD came, which was STILL a cliffhanger.

Stories have suspense. It's part of writing. I believe loose ends aren't a bad thing at this point of the game life because we have so much more content on the way.
    I agree, not a big fan of cliffhangers myself.

IncGamers Member

A few things that some of you seem to of forgotten.
    1) Adria is working for Big D as is revealed at end of act 3.
    2) in act 2 when the black soul stone is made whole you see Adria put the souls of all the Greater Evils we destroyed in D2 including Diablo into it, this is what Diablo wants to happen.
    3) When Diablo takes over leah it because Adria has tranfered the souls of all the evils into her.
    Also it not really Diablo its Diablo in control of a reborn Prime Evil or Tathamet, he states it as well in the act 4 opening cinematic when he fights the angel.

For the expansion there's crazy angels Adria and the Black soulstone, and the minor evils (that is the ones who where not part of Tathamet).

Last edited by The Rockman; 03-06-2012 at 10:43.

IncGamers Member

personally i want to smack around Inarius. he created sanctuary, got all pissy when the nephalem came into power, teamed with demons before, voted to erase sanctuary.

I was hoping i would get to battle him in D3 and im still hoping i get the chance in the expansion

BattleTag RedMandrake-2105

I felt there was a gap in the end about Imperius. We don't know that he is dead so how does he feel towards the Nephalem now and about him not being the hero. Tyrael gets a lesson out of all this, his character seem to progress at the end by sitting for wisdom, as does the Nephalem, but Imperius seem to become less powerful. Maybe it is indeed that his valor turns to pride through his arrogance but also in the short animation where he "kills" Diablo I got the feeling that he was in conflict within him, so maybe he becomes corrupt and is also somehow responsible for the dissapearance of Malthael... Just brainstorming

BattleTag Buffinator-1121

I know how about all the monsters from all the games come back at the end and try kill the hero.