Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BattleTag Zoe-2982

Re: [ULTIMATE SPOILERS] Just Saw the Cinematics. What's left for the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by ancalagon View Post
    Well tathamet was the 7 prime evils before he was slain and broken up into 7 lesser evils, essentially leahblo in d3 becomes tathamet when adria unleashes the bss on leah
    3 Prime evils and 4 lesser, I read somewhere though that Tathamet can't manifest because Onu can't manifest, who knows, whatever the expansions will be im sure they'll be epic . Same as I said though, there is a piece from Diablo that falls back to sanctuary, watch the ending cinematic closely

BattleTag Brokenstorm-1880

Yes, you can see the Black Soulstone falling at the end. I just hope they don't twist it so that Leah's soul end up inside it and that somehow you are able to bring her back.

I think Cain's death was crappy, he should have survived longer and get killed by Leah. I also didn't like the transformed Tyrael and his baldness; he seemed to lack the serenity of a superior being, and although that may have been a reflection of the change... Anyway, regarding the potential of the expansion...

- No more Leah please; such bland character and dull design. She doesn't deserve any more screen time.
    - Opening of the heavens for the populace, allowing it so share its knowledge (Most likely City Hub).
    - Return of D2's characters and their involvement in their home regions.
    - The reforming or reorganization of Caldeum and whatever it means for Sanctuary.
    - Whatever is left of the Zakarum religion.
    - Horazon and/or The Arcane Sanctuary (insight into the overall structure of the realm).

Does the Black Soul Stone really have all the 7 evils inside?

I thought it would only have Azmodan and Belial inside. Or did Adria (by herself or with someone else helping) gather the other prime/lesser evils inside the black soul stone between d2 and d3 and just needed some help in getting to Belial/Azmodan.

Basically Diablo was awakened by using the black soul stone which only had Belial/Azmodan. Maybe Diablo gets sucked into the black soul stone after dying which would make bringing back tathamet back that much easier.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by demasked View Post

I thought it would only have Azmodan and Belial inside. Or did Adria (by herself or with someone else helping) gather the other prime/lesser evils inside the black soul stone between d2 and d3 and just needed some help in getting to Belial/Azmodan.

Basically Diablo was awakened by using the black soul stone which only had Belial/Azmodan. Maybe Diablo gets sucked into the black soul stone after dying which would make bringing back tathamet back that much easier.
    The book of Cain mentions that all the Evils constantly contend with one another, looking to gain the upper hand over each other. I interpreted it as: since Mephisto, Baal, Andariel, Duriel, Azmodan and Belial were were already vanquished, Diablo no longer had to compete with any of them for control over the forces of Hell. So apparently, he is now free to wield the powers of all seven.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by demasked View Post

tathamet coming back wouldnt make much sense, would contradict the book of cain and would be another weak and pathetic story direction choice. why is everyone obsessed with some stupid dragon? *sigh* Id far prefer to see inarius, lilith, lucion, malthael gone evil, some rogue vizjerei who finds bartucs armor, or heck something original like some evil ancient nephalem returns as the worldstone has been shattered and it used to dampen their powers but not anymore etc

IncGamers Member acceleration turkey's Avatar

what's left for the expansion? reziarfg, of course.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...arfg-large.jpg

IncGamers Member

So what's left? Obviously Mathael is M.I.A. and there may be a connection between Adria and Lilith.
    Beside those two, who could appear in the expansion?

Metzen also hinted that he may want to "redeem" Leah. I hope not we don't need to repeat SC2's story (which was lame).
    Malthael simply missing without a word (if that is the case, we still didnt seen the full game) would be a HUGE hole in the plot and I am pretty sure that if he is indeed "missing" it is intended for future story buildup. Expansion? Quite possible. As for Adria, perhaps my mind plays tricks on me but wasnt there some data/speculations suggesting that she dies during D3? If not, you will see her again for sure, considering what she did.

As a matter of fact I am bit surprised that they already served us THE Prime Evil right now. Leahblo is supposed to be one. Also it is kind of surprising that Tyrael claims that Diablo is now destroyed FOREVER. What does that exactly mean? Wasnt he already destroyed "forever" during D2? It was later stated that you cant really kill the prime evils. Banish for a while at best. So why now again we hear about "forever" and how does this relate to future expansion? Need more data.

As for Leah I am not sure if what Metzen ment by redemption would mean bring he back alive and carry her on arms towards the sun. I think it would relate more to her soul being there trapped somewhere and helping that soul to get free would be one of the "checkpoint" objectives in the expansion. I doubt they would make Leah the primary goal of expansion unless her character is still greatly important for general story. Which I think is not. She served her main purpose in Diablo 3 when she became a host for Diablo. But still, giving her soul a chance for peace and redemption would not hurt and many people would like to see that. I can assure you Leah already got many "fans". I read posts with people upset about her fate in D3. Same as some people are upset about Cain's deah. Cain was obviously with us since ancient times of D1, loosing him now can be sad. And Leah? Well, she is just a hot chick. Saving hot chicks is one of prime occupations of gamers since Donkey Kong

IncGamers Member

At blizzcon lore panel Chris Metzen says that Malthael will play a role in the ongoing story of diablo 3

IncGamers Member acceleration turkey's Avatar

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Malthael

based on malthael's sickle weapons, the prefix "mal" in his name, and the fact that "When Sanctuary was discovered, he abstained from the vote to decide its fate, claiming that at the end of all things only he will prevail," he seems to be primed to turn evil.

added to the fact tyrael has now taken his place as wisdom in the angiris council, it seems like blizzard is setting malthael up to return as a villain in expansions. he will be angered that tyrael took his place, that tyrael shed his angelic characteristics, and also took his spot on the council. would also be angry that tyrael helped leah, who ended up killing imperius and destroying much of heaven.

"The Archangel of Wisdom. Male. Gaunt figure whose robes and breastplate are black. Malthael is the voice of reason and conciliatory within the Council, respected by all the others. Although formerly one of the brightest of all Archangels, constantly pondering the Universe and the truth of reality, upon Inarius's theft of the Worldstone, the "heart" of reality, Malthael's character began to darken, which eventually leads to his becoming a very grim figure among the Angels."

more "good-turns-bad" plot twists from blizzard being set up. the question would be whether the player would face just malthael, or whether malthael would somehow resurrect the prime evils and cooperate with them to satisfy some strange soon-to-be-retconned agenda.