Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BattleTag Brokenstorm-1880

[ULTIMATE SPOILERS] Just Saw the Cinematics. What's left for the expansion?

You've been warned

Spoiler

Last edited by Brokenstorm; 12-05-2012 at 15:58.

Re: [ULTIMATE SPOILERS] Just Saw the Cinematics. What's left for the expansion?

I remembered someone quoted that Blizzard said everything was going as planned by the Prime evils.

The ending movies seemed a little off, there are bits and pieces missing so we'll have to play the game to find out.

Like what happened to the black soulstone, was it destroyed or does it still exist?

I'm also guessing the prime evils made use of us to entrapped both azmodan and belial into the stone.

How do you know we rescued the other council members?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    I remembered someone quoted that Blizzard said everything was going as planned by the Prime evils.

The ending movies seemed a little off, there are bits and pieces missing so we'll have to play the game to find out.

Like what happened to the black soulstone, was it destroyed or does it still exist?

I'm also guessing the prime evils made use of us to entrapped both azmodan and belial into the stone.

How do you know we rescued the other council members?
    Tyrael narrates it in the ending cinematic ... 'and the heroes saved the archangels of fate and hope...' no mention of wisdom tho (malthael)

BattleTag Zoe-2982

If you watch Diablo when he falls and fades away a piece of him is still intact (the soulstone maybe?) and falls back to sanctuary...also if you watch the making of Diablo 3 they actually hint at wanting to revisit certain things http://www.twitch.tv/incgamers_clan they're all on there.

Raveharu, in the cinematic it tells you that you rescue those 2 archangels x

BattleTag Zoe-2982

Quote Originally Posted by ancalagon View Post
    Tyrael narrates it in the ending cinematic ... 'and the heroes saved the archangels of fate and hope...' no mention of wisdom tho (malthael)
    Since tyrael becomes wisdom then i think malthael is gone....maybe

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenstorm View Post
    You've been warned

Spoiler
    so obvious questions would be:-

(1) what happened to malthael (tyrael takes his place but where is he?)
    (2) how did the soulstone come to contain baal, mephisto, andariel and duriel? how did adria become corrupt and where did the black soulstone come from in the first place? and what happens to it? i read in the book of cain it was created by zoltun kulle but how did it end in adrias hands?
    (3) redeel leah? lol shes dead no?!?! how was sc 2's story then?? (not into sc)
    (4) Bosses for expansion could include lilith, lucion, inarius, bartuc, horazon ...

BattleTag Brokenstorm-1880

Quote Originally Posted by ancalagon View Post
    so obvious questions would be:-

(1) what happened to malthael (tyrael takes his place but where is he?)
    (2) how did the soulstone come to contain baal, mephisto, andariel and duriel? how did adria become corrupt and where did the black soulstone come from in the first place? and what happens to it? i read in the book of cain it was created by zoltun kulle but how did it end in adrias hands?
    (3) redeel leah? lol shes dead no?!?! how was sc 2's story then?? (not into sc)
    (4) Bosses for expansion could include lilith, lucion, inarius, bartuc, horazon ...

1. The only hint we have is from the prophecy
    "And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost..."

2. Adria must have gotten hold of it after giving birth to Leah. She probably found it in one of Zultun Kulle's archives. How she managed to trap all the other Evils in it though, that I have no idea.

3. Redeem Leah in a similar way as Jim Raynor "saves" Sarah Kerrigan from the Zerg corruption.

4. Lilith: maybe, she may have escaped from the Void (again)
    Lucion: Dead
    Inarius: maybe, he may still be imprisoned in the Burning Hells
    Bartuc: dead/may live on through his armor
    Horazon: dead/may live on through his arcane Santuary
    Mathael: probably

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenstorm View Post
    1. The only hint we have is from the prophecy
    "And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost..."

2. Adria must have gotten hold of it after giving birth to Leah. She probably found it in one of Zultun Kulle's archives. How she managed to trap all the other Evils in it though, that I have no idea.

3. Redeem Leah in a similar way as Jim Raynor "saves" Sarah Kerrigan from the Zerg corruption.

4. Lilith: maybe, she may have escaped from the Void (again)
    Lucion: Dead
    Inarius: maybe, he may still be imprisoned in the Burning Hells
    Bartuc: dead/may live on through his armor
    Horazon: dead/may live on through his arcane Santuary
    Mathael: probably
    Or maybe im thinking we take it from zoltun kulle and give it to her cuz she says only she knows how to use it or something.

How do you know horazon is dead? D2 summoner was an imposter, the vizjerei mage from D1. Lucion might have been just temporarily banished back to hell or 'erased' from just sanctuary by uldyssian, he might still come back. Same for lilith, she came back once.

I'm overall interested in the whole zoltun kulle / adria / black soulstone / how all the souls came into the bss thing, i think we will get explanation ingame...

edit: also i think ingame or in the book The Order, we will learn of the 'killing' of kulle and who accomplished it, the book of cain seems to leave his story very brief and open ended.

I'm hoping for either Lilith, Mathael, or Tathamet the 7 headed dragon of evil (resurrected would be pretty sweet, though doubtful).

Perhaps Adria (who you find out is really lilith) uses the black soulstone and somehow gets the essence of Andariel and Duriel and then uses it in hell to awaken Tathamet. The heroes would then be following her to hell and the lairs of Andariel/Duriel in hopes of stopping her.

That or Adria is serving a greater master (lilith maybe) and gives the soulstone to that person who then resurrects Tathamet.

Would be awesome

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by demasked View Post
    I'm hoping for either Lilith, Mathael, or Tathamet the 7 headed dragon of evil (resurrected would be pretty sweet, though doubtful).

Perhaps Adria (who you find out is really lilith) uses the black soulstone and somehow gets the essence of Andariel and Duriel and then uses it in hell to awaken Tathamet. The heroes would then be following her to hell and the lairs of Andariel/Duriel in hopes of stopping her.

That or Adria is serving a greater master (lilith maybe) and gives the soulstone to that person who then resurrects Tathamet.

Would be awesome
    Well tathamet was the 7 prime evils before he was slain and broken up into 7 lesser evils, essentially leahblo in d3 becomes tathamet when adria unleashes the bss on leah