I didn't find an actual "introduce yourself"-forum here, so I thought I might as well post here, since I am a newcomer when it comes to online play.
I have played D2 single for years, with on and off enthusiasm. Some time ago (maybe a month or two) my friend convinced me to play online, and I have to say I'm glad he did - the game is so much more fun now!
As an online newbie I have run into many exciting, confusing, and angering situations.
- When I first saw a paladin teleport I almost fell off my chair!
- Trading. Having no idea of the values I've been called a noob many many times, lol. The ladder season 9 price list has been so helpful, but since I started playing online at the end of season and we just had the reset (first for me!) it's so hard to know what to ask for items, or what to offer. Really looking forward on price list season 10
- Trading again, just remembered how ashamed I was after realizing the value of the rune Ist. Some noob (yes, another noob) gave me 3 ist for ravenfrost (a lot, I know) and then I, being a newbie went and payed those 3 ist for Tal armor. Of course I later found out the whole set was only worth about 1 ist. ^^
- Rushing. As a single player, I always did every single quest and fought my way through every level on the game. Not having to go through places like the underground passage and the act 3 jungles felt like a blessing.
- Thieving: At first times I played MP games, I dropped the stuff to ground when organizing my stash and inv. I was alone at the game when I started, then boom, some person comes in, takes everything I had dropped, and flees the game. Ugh. Taught me to make a pw protected game for sure.
- People who come to MP games, join (or do not join) the party, and then go and do those price rewarding q's such as the countess, hellforge, etc. while me and maybe few other players are doing the q's the game was made for.
- Übers. Woah those guys are hard. I managed to get 6 out of 9 keys myself, bought the rest, and then went to see the first bosses. Izu and Duri were rather easy for my barbtank at the time (before reset) but Lilith was just way too much to handle. I gave up, and found a nice lvl90+ pala who took me with them to see the big baddies - Dia, mefi and baal. I just wanted to see them, so I gave the pala my organs I had, and also let them keep the torch that dropped. I only died twice, and had so much fun - so a big thank you to the pala whose name I unfortunately can't remember anymore.
- Dia clone. He spawned to MY game!! I was going for Izu with a party at the time, so we went and killed Dia. Some other necro got the anni, but I don't mind - I was so thrilled to even have Dia clone in my game (reading the chance is so rare)!
I suppose that is enough blabber. I have tried to keep myself as a friendly, helpful player - paying back the favors done to me, etc. You know what I mean.
Anyways, this noobie plays on Europe standard ladder, currently with 4 chars:
ShinyNecro lvl87 skelemaster
ShinyPala lvl82 hammer
ShinySoso lvl83 lighting
ShinyBaba lvl77 failing tank
Happy gaming and Diablo hunt for all of you!