DiabloWiki Updates

Thread: D3 SPF FAQ v0.1

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Question D3 SPF FAQ v0.1

D3 SPF FAQ

Welcome to the Diablo 3 SPF

GENERAL INFO/RULES

Please remember to be polite in all of your posts on this forum. The SPF tends to have a more mature player base which is reflected in playstyles and discussion topics. Please follow the spirit (not just the words) of the forum rules at all times.

Members are from many nations, so please make allowances for cultural differences in wording and those pesky time zones!

You will find information on general forum usage here. The search function has a few issues so, using Google advanced search and putting http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/ in the site section may help you.

Any problems, please PM me.

SINGLE PLAYER IN D3?!

The SPF has long been a successful mini-community within this forum. You can find the SPF for D2 here. We're more of a group of friends than anything else.

While there is no offline play - something which does cause issues for those without a solid and stable internet connection, or those who are in areas where D3 is blocked (EG those on miliary assignment or university) - many SPFers will continue to play D3 the way the played D2. Solo, or with unusal builds or with self-made restrictions. Tounaments are one of the most enjoyable parts of D2 and hopefully they will continue to be so in D3.

(I will add in a Tournament listings thread link when one is made.)

GAME TIPS

You can use the menu to pause the game if you are solo.

Use the gear to the top left of the chat window and hit leave channel to exit the general chat which Blizzard automatically signs you into.

OFF TOPIC THREADS

Some off topic threads will be accepted, however, there is an off topic forum. Other games (apart from D2) also have discussion pages there. As a guide, please no more than three OT threads on the front page.

PERSONAL AND BATTLE NET SECURITY

Your real name will be visibile if you have RealID turned on.This is how you turn it off but doing so will clear your buddy list.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiTro View Post
    Logging into Battle.net, there's a section under Account -> Settings -> Communication Preferences that looked relevant:

Privacy
    [x] Enable RealID

If you activate Real ID, the real first and last name associated with the account (your real name) will be visible to others. Real ID is independent from BattleTags, so you can be both Real ID and BattleTag friends with someone. For more info, visit our BattleTag and Real ID pages.

*If you disable Real ID, your Real ID friends list will be permanently erased. You will have to add your Real ID friends again if you reactivate Real ID.

Never share personal details, your password or email log in details with anyone. It is always advisable to have a unique password for every login. Try to ensure the email you use for login is unknown to others (an extra gmail account is good for this).

If you video stream/record your games, make sure you don't accidentally put your password in the email section. It's been done and characters stripped because of it.

Battle Net authenticators cost approximately $9 and if set to 'check every login' give additional security.

Run regular scans of your PC. MalwareBytes and Spybot Search & Destroy are excellent and free.

TRADING

The Trade Value and Trade Forums are available here. I understand that many SPFers may wish to limit trading to within the SPF community and that is something we will have to work out.

MPing

The Player Matchup forum is here. Again if the SPF show they wish to MP within the SPF, a thread maybe created for that purpose.

SPFers can be found via their D3 battletags.

OTHER USEFUL LINKS

D3 hero planner from IncGamers
    D3 hero planner from Blizzard

Articles

Itís dangerous to go alone! ..or is it? - By JomDarbert - quite a lot of stat info in there

COMMENTS/QUESTIONS

Please contact me via PM if you have any suggestions as to how to improve this FAQ. It is very early days.

Please also contact me if you have any questions.

Last edited by Thyiad; 06-06-2012 at 08:46. Reason: Security update

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: D3 SPF FAQ v0.1

Tourneys

LOL D3 SP What? Tourney! SPF's First Official Tourney! by cheerupemokid10

D3 SPF MFO 1 by Joosh

Random Tournament by PandadudeSP
    Last edited by Thyiad; 23-11-2012 at 19:31.

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."

D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: D3 SPF FAQ v0.1

Exp chart:
    http://talonzguide.com/diablo-3-guid...erience-chart/

Will add to main FAQ when I can get into it!