Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Will Diablo 3 make your life awesome?

Will it solve all your problems?

IncGamers Member Such Violent Storms's Avatar

Re: Will Diablo 3 make your life awesome?

Diablo III will most likely make my life worse, making me addicted to the game instead of focusing on more important real-life stuff. I'll have to moderate it, but the Diablo monkey clings to your back like no other.

BattleTag Chaboi-1594

So much betta!

IncGamers Member

Heh. I think it will help me in some respects... even after the initial euphoria wears off, I mean Games like this help me unwind and relax when I get stressed, and they're healthier than Xanax. Assuming I don't wind up finding it more irritating than relaxing a few months down the road... only time will tell!

I actually believe that most folks who spend a lot of time playing computer games do it to treat mood disorders (diagnosed or not), and compared to alternative treatments for said mood disorders, they are relatively safe and effective. And much, much cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Srikandi View Post
    I actually believe that most folks who spend a lot of time playing computer games do it to treat mood disorders (diagnosed or not), and compared to alternative treatments for said mood disorders, they are relatively safe and effective. And much, much cheaper
    Heh! Thoughtful response! I mostly started this thread as a joke, but I think you have something there. But I also agree with the previous poster that worried that he might get addicted and not have time for things like other people.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Srikandi View Post
    While I would say "not just mood disorders" I would add that one of the ways I self-medicate my panic attacks is playing the most intensive games I can focus on.

BattleTag Ask me

The only thing I can see D3 doing for me is either causing me to gain a significant amount of weight or cause me to lose weight (due to being glued to my chair).

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    The only thing I can see D3 doing for me is either causing me to gain a significant amount of weight or cause me to lose weight (due to being glued to my chair).
    For me it would probably be the former as I am very susceptible to weight gain. Arrrgh!

IncGamers Member

Solution: get an exercise bike and rig a laptop holder to it, like an engineer friend of mine did, or you can buy such things pre-made if you're not mechanically inclined.

And then pedal while you grind

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

I think the peace of mind that comes with playing a game I've waited 6 years for will be a kind of genuine happiness. That way I can say, "This is what Inferno feels like. This is what the new skill system plays like. This is what happens at the end of the game. Etc."