Posted this on general thought i'd try it here as well
I'm going to be putting together a hardcore 101 primer for new players to Hardcore. I'm looking for your ideas/suggestions for people new to hardcore. Ideally I want to do this as a two parter. The first part about Hardcore in general and the second after release about specifics. So what do you think people need to know about Hardcore before D3 launches?
1) Theorycrafted character builds for hardcore playstyle (safer)
2) Strategies like over-leveling content to increase safety etc.
3) General tips like playing when you have no distractions and optimized connections to battle net, etc.
4) Balancing loot between stash and character for perma-death possibility
5) Your take on Inferno for the Hardcore end-game (primarily based on Blizzard interviews / forum posts / Brady Strategy guide)
6) Prioritizing certain affixes on equipment?
7) Any specific boss affixes of concern for hardcore
8) Differences and new expectations from D3 hardcore vs the old D2 hardcore (less about keeping the finger on the power button and having a friend with you to loot the corpse etc.)
9) Griefing issues
All these things in any order really.
Last edited by silverhawk; 08-05-2012 at 02:46.
Reason: Added #7,8,9
Obviously it won't all apply to D3 in a copy/paste style... But the first parts for example "what is HC", "How do I create an HC character" would be pretty easy to update for the new game.
And the rest of that FAQ would be an excellent framework to follow. "What skills should I use", "What merc should I use", etc... Those are things that should be in a D3 HC FAQ, and could be rewritten to fit D3, once we know more about how x & y skills actually work & what type of monsters the game will be throwing at us later on.
Uhh, this is both a question and a suggested addition to your guide - does alt+F4 still work, or will it do the same cooldown with you disconnected? If alt+F4 still works, it's definitely good knowledge for anyone trying hardcore
There may be some options to leave the game, when you are going to die. You have to play single player to be able to pause the game. Then you can try disconnect from the saver. Does game unpause, if you disconnect? Other option is, just wait for server restart. I have't tested either.