Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Saydrake-1197

Re: Oh wow. Inferno level monster stats.... O_O ***spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by droppin View Post
    They do .
    1. here's a max level crafted sword 210 dps http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/b...conquest-sword
    2. here's what looks like a hell level legendary 323-513 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sever
    3. here's an inferno level legendary 522-722 dps http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/azurewrath

These don't even include the magic properties. That's over 3x as much damage as a max level crafted. That's not quite 16 million hp, but it should drop pretty quick when you can spam 200%-2000% weapon damage attacks and whatnot.

Nice, thanks for the info.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by droppin View Post
    They do .
    1. here's a max level crafted sword 210 dps http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/b...conquest-sword
    2. here's what looks like a hell level legendary 323-513 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sever
    3. here's an inferno level legendary 522-722 dps http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/azurewrath

These don't even include the magic properties. That's over 3x as much damage as a max level crafted. That's not quite 16 million hp, but it should drop pretty quick when you can spam 200%-2000% weapon damage attacks and whatnot.
    I don't think that's an accurate comparison. I'm almost certain that the legendary weapons' dps numbers already include % enhanced damage and/or increased attack speed on the weapon, whereas the crafted weapon's dps seems to only have the weapon's base type's dps/aps.

IncGamers Member

What's with the silly high numbers?
    I thought it was silly already in D2 when enemy hit points could reach several hundred thousand.
    This is usually only a problem with games that have had several expansions and patches, kinda worrying how the vanilla state already has such number inflation.

I'm wondering if a bit of sniffing around the bradygames site would result in the full guide.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2702 View Post
    Exactly, but items should grow exponentially as well (which may cause a huge disparity between inferno loot and non-inferno loot)...
    They do and naturally modifiers scale exponentially as well. Not only does the weapon damage and damage affixes go higher, but other slots of gear give more juice as well. Highest single primary stat modifier can go as high as 200 per piece. One slot alone can give you triple weapon damage and possibly takes it even further with AS and crit modifiers.

Several hundred % weapon damage per cycle, several cycles per second, close to or even over 10k weapon damages (depending of choice) and crit and crit damage modifiers and top that with all damage modifiers. That's easily several hundreds of thousands damage per second when you add in the group synergies.

Blizzard sure did let the math nerds loose. Probably same folk who designed 25man HM Lich King.

I like it. You really need to design and fine tune your character if you want to get **** done in inferno.

Last edited by Karpalo; 04-05-2012 at 22:24.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    I don't think that's an accurate comparison. I'm almost certain that the legendary weapons' dps numbers already include % enhanced damage and/or increased attack speed on the weapon, whereas the crafted weapon's dps seems to only have the weapon's base type's dps/aps.

i agree with this. the base weapon dmg for azurewrath is (122-166)-(286-294) and the big number is after the ed%

if its anything like d2 it should be something like that.

late hell gear and inferno gear should add a buttload of stats though. there are crafted items that are around level 25 adding 50-60+ stats so im guessing the high level stuff are gonna be pretty awesome

BattleTag Saydrake-1197

Quote Originally Posted by Yuka View Post
    What's with the silly high numbers?
    I thought it was silly already in D2 when enemy hit points could reach several hundred thousand.
    This is usually only a problem with games that have had several expansions and patches, kinda worrying how the vanilla state already has such number inflation.
    So true. One expansion later we'll be seeing people dish out 10 million damage per hit with 20,000 points in strength or dexterity or intelligence. Vanilla D3 has numbers way too high for believability.

So true. One expansion later we'll be seeing people dish out 10 million damage per hit with 20,000 points in strength or dexterity or intelligence. Vanilla D3 has numbers way too high for believability.
    I don't know what is "believable" about a swing of a sword doing a set numerical amount of damage.

IncGamers Member

Vanilla D3 has numbers way too high for believability.
    Believability? What does that mean in this context?

BattleTag Saydrake-1197

Quote Originally Posted by redrach View Post
    Believability? What does that mean in this context?
    I'll correct myself by changing "believability" to "convenience". It's quite inconvenient to do calculations and other simple things in the hundreds of thousands or millions, which will only increase at this rate.