Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Would anyone play Medium-Core?

I dont like to play hardcore diablo. I just dont like putting all the time and energy into a character that i can lose permanently.

It would be kind of cool, IMO, if blizzard made a medium-core mode.

in this mode, when you die, you lose half of your experience and levels. It would reset/unlock any skills/points you had invested that go over whatever level you return to after death. this method would allow you to re-e.xamine your build and tweak it as you re-progress.

I would actually consider giving this a try if it was implemented. And another added benefit is, your losses get worse the more you progress. so it has an increasing disadvantage to death.

Re: Would anyone play Medium-Core?

the only way to properly do "medium core" would be to copy POE. in that game when you die in hardcore your character becomes softcore. everything stays the same you just are no longer in the hardcore race. if they did it that way i am 100% postive that many many many diablo players would make use of the mode.

of course the biggest issue is the RMAH. POE has nothing like that so the mode is fine there but in D3 you could find the best item in the game playing hardcore then just kill yourself to make the item available softcore just to sell it

I kinda dislike PoE's approach I gotta say :P.

Even though I personally won't play hardcore or the suggested mediumcore, I think that D3's hardcore should be just that - really hardcore.

I'll actually play a little hardcore anyway just to get a couple of that mode's achievements to decorate by banner with :P.

i just wanna note that i am not saying i think the semi hardcore of POE is good, it takes away from the mode big time. in POE i would just make every single character hardcore

Nobody would do that because it wouldn't have a point.

IncGamers Member

Costing me half my progress... no thanks.

BUT I would have been much more interested in the hardcore -> death -> softcore system. Not meant to be, I guess.

IncGamers Member

Maybe they could steal from Super Mario and give you 3 lives and also you can get 1-ups.

BattleTag Mick-1457

A hardcore->softcore type of mode makes absolutely no sense to me.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    A hardcore->softcore type of mode makes absolutely no sense to me.
    And throwing away many hours of work from lag or a disconnect makes no sense to me. Not everyone plays the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    the only way to properly do "medium core" would be to copy POE. in that game when you die in hardcore your character becomes softcore. everything stays the same you just are no longer in the hardcore race. if they did it that way i am 100% postive that many many many diablo players would make use of the mode.

of course the biggest issue is the RMAH. POE has nothing like that so the mode is fine there but in D3 you could find the best item in the game playing hardcore then just kill yourself to make the item available softcore just to sell it
    Interesting idea, but it would make hardcore boring, it would be pretty much softcore because you just can't lose you character.