Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BattleTag AdAstrA-1590

Thumbs down Jilted user "No Characters were found"

You know, I'm glad this forum exists. I have felt unsung through the entire beta process for D3.

Why?

Diablo is the ONLY game i play. That's right ... I said it. I never played WOW or startcraft. I'm just not interested at all.

I've been playing since D1 and logged more hours into those games over the last 15 years than i care to admit. Yet, I never got the beta invite. WTF?!

And, then, I had to sit and watch people on the Battle.net forums talking about it and I couldn't even chime in or discuss it. because why?

"No characters found" at the top right corner of their forum web page..

Yet, I had registered D2 with Battle.net. Why weren't diablo players good enough for the battle.net forums?

Are there any others here that only play Diablo and sat by watching people celebrate;talking about the beta for the last few months waiting for an invite that never came?

One would think that Battle.net would go through their account holders looking for those who ONLY have a diablo 2 registered(not a wow or sc) and make sure that those people get the beta first. but, no ... nothing. What a D slap in the face.

IncGamers Member SuggestiveName's Avatar

Re: Jilted user "No Characters were found"

Beta tests are for testing games not rewarding fans.

BattleTag Fenwick-1443

You're taking this way too personally.

Chill out, the game is out in 2 weeks! You should be ecstatic, like me.

I've done exactly the same thing as you. Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 (I still sometimes play D2) were the only games I played (except good old Nintendo games). I've spent so much time on those, and still no beta invite. But I don't really care because I still played in the open beta weekend and the game is coming soon. And now I even think that I shouldn't have played the beta that weekend, because the wait is so much longer now.

IncGamers Member

1st problem is u dont have sc2 or wow. so blizz knows u havent invested as much money to them.

IncGamers Member

lol, you think you're important cause you played a game or two? Buzz off *****.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag KrullCat-1863

Adastra, I understand your feelings, I am in the same boat. Played D2 for many years, own other Blizzard titles, did not get a Beta Invite and can not post on the D3 forum either.

Luckily this excellent forum exists and the folks here are just as dedicated to the game as those on the Blizzard owned forum.

I simply focus on other things while I wait for D3 to go live. There are so many other distractions like SecondLife,
    and Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX), among other things, that I can do to keep me occupied while I wait.

My logic tells me that there were many others who did not get into the Beta either so I don't think the choices
    made by Blizzard were intentional. I agree that they could have applied a better methodology for choosing
    beta testers but with just over a week left I think it's safe to say that you will be happy when you can finally
    play to your hearts content like myself.

I can relate to how you feel, but take heart, you will soon be playing for hours and hours
    The folks in Beta were also getting knocked with frustrations that I don't think I would have
    enjoyed myself, like server outages and updates etc...

I am sending waves of happiness in your direction, don't feel bad, please feel happy that we
    will all be in game very soon and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I and all the other folks
    on this forum will!

This frustration serves to demonstrate how dedicated and excited you are about this game,
    like so many of us are!

Be happy friend, be happy

Its just luck sadly, not personal. Doesnt matter how many games your account is registered for

IncGamers Member

I had sc2 so I was able to post, but also I preordered d3 which gave me a second way to post. Either method should have worked.

IncGamers Member

Spoiler alert: Not everything in life is the way you want it.

I have every blizz game except WC3, no invite. Friend of mine has never touched anything but wow. Got beta invite, wouldn't install it.

Awesome, right?