Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: This is how end game works....

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    I just hope there isn't some drastic leap between the tiers of loot (similar to how it is in WoW). I don't want the start of every act to feel like a gear check.
    I agree, but to some extent, every act in Inferno HAS to be a gear check - even Act 1.

Let's face it, you can't make Inferno beatable with only the gear you have upon completing Hell....gear-checking HAS to be a part of it to some extent.

Banned

Bah, anyway, I'm not buying this crap **** casual game for WoW fans.

Now everybody will have tons of orange legendary items.... Yay! How cool! -_-

BattleTag Zenkat-1384

Quote Originally Posted by Hideo View Post

You are one of the most negative people i see posting in this board. If you hate the game so much, then go back to D2 and leave us in peace. Sheesh.

I grew tired of the massive amount of BS that D2 encompassed, and i've never played WoW. This game looks great to me, with an endgame difficulty level i'm looking forward to (unlike D2 where a few meph runs get you all the gear you need to do the end game).

IncGamers Member Death_of_Angels's Avatar
    BattleTag IntoTheSky-1697

If I had to hazard a guess, I would think that the average player getting ready to go into inferno (so a player much better than average) would need all of their items to be about an average ilvl of 59, and all rares or better before attempting Inferno. Better and more experienced players may be able to get away with lower average ilvl, but it seems that is the level Blizzard intends to go for.

IncGamers Member

The concept of dozens of "armor tiers" is straight from WoW. There was no such thing in D2. IMO, there should be one "tier" per difficulty, like in D2.
    What.

People already pointed out treasure classes and normal/elite/exceptional, but there are pretty obvious tiers within item classes. For example, normal armor. Each tier has an art change, more defense, and eventually more sockets.

BattleTag cozmic0-1632

And everybody in D2 don't run around with tons of gold unique items?? (made even worse with all the dupes)

Man, do you really have that big of a problem with the color orange? :P

IncGamers Member

Funny how you only seem to be able to think about other games in the context of WoW.

Everyone was decked in uniques in d2, which is the analog for legendaries in d3. You are patently not thinking critically.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    I just hope there isn't some drastic leap between the tiers of loot (similar to how it is in WoW). I don't want the start of every act to feel like a gear check.
    blizzard more or less promised huge gear differences through inferno. there's no other way to make inferno take a long time to complete.

IncGamers Member

Yet you are posting just like a typical WoW "hardcore" raider who is too upset at others having the same items as him. Its the classic WoW argument.

If you feel less "cool" that others have similar gear to you, and you view them as lesser people in general then there is a issue there and its not to do with the game...

IncGamers Member

In D2 everybody had mostly items "with the best color" and i do not remember that it has ever been a big issue for the community.
    Wich leads me to the point that this sentence sounds awfully like WoW, quiet funny isn't it?

It has been said many many times it's quiet sure to assume that D3 will be harder just from the actual Gameplay side (we don't know for sure but monster affixes etc. simply show more potential), you could say D3 is a bit more like a shooter then d2 used to be. So more reaction and quick decision taking etc. and less number juggling and theory.
    I mean most player probably only failed at hell in D2 because they did not know their build would not be reliable anymore or they did not know how to compose a reliable set of gear for hell etc. So the "hard" thing about hell was more in knowledge then in the way you had to play (there are exceptions ofc.).