Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: DamConversionHeal 12 (7.00-10.00)% Damage Taken Is Converted to Life

This affix would make more sense if the heal was staggered over time, say 5 second or so.

IncGamers Member

Couldn't it have diminishing return like so many other stats? Then the Stat list on your char screen would show the actual % after diminishing returns.

The diminishing returns in other stats are just a matter of perspective (damage reduction/time to live stuff) or introduced to derivative stats when converting for example dexterity into extra dodge chance - with it's strangely powerful peaks. I really hope Blizzard keeps their percentages true and doesn't add any "hidden" diminishing returns to MF or things like this which are labeled as per cent. If they do, they should go the WoW way and not talk about percentages at all, but ratings instead.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sooru View Post
    The diminishing returns in other stats are just a matter of perspective (damage reduction/time to live stuff) or introduced to derivative stats when converting for example dexterity into extra dodge chance - with it's strangely powerful peaks. I really hope Blizzard keeps their percentages true and doesn't add any "hidden" diminishing returns to MF or things like this which are labeled as per cent. If they do, they should go the WoW way and not talk about percentages at all, but ratings instead.
    I would assume that "DamConversionHeal" would work like almost all other damage reduction sources. You don't just add up the percentages and come to the conclusion that if you have 9 items that give 10% damage conversion each you end up with a total of 90% damage conversion. You have to multiply them separately just like dodge so you would have: 61% damage conversion.

Or am I missing something? Do certain numbers in the game stack additively?

IncGamers Member

I'm also curious about the additive/multiplicative stacking,
    but also where this calculation comes in the order of operations for dmg (this affix would be ridiculous if the heal was calculated BEFORE dmg reductions, but I wonder if it comes after absolutely everything or not - I'll be looking for ways to get it to heal for more than the true damage we took. As others noted this affix serves as damage reduction, until you get killed in one big hit and are dead before the heal happens.

Given these 'heal x per hit' and 'heal for x% of hit' affixes, I'm wondering if monsters will have healing debuffs? the generous amounts of healing these could give might just be an offset to monsters cutting our continuous healing. This seems plausible since blizzard gave all classes healing sources.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enki View Post
    I'm also curious about the additive/multiplicative stacking,
    but also where this calculation comes in the order of operations for dmg (this affix would be ridiculous if the heal was calculated BEFORE dmg reductions, but I wonder if it comes after absolutely everything or not - I'll be looking for ways to get it to heal for more than the true damage we took. As others noted this affix serves as damage reduction, until you get killed in one big hit and are dead before the heal happens.

Given these 'heal x per hit' and 'heal for x% of hit' affixes, I'm wondering if monsters will have healing debuffs? the generous amounts of healing these could give might just be an offset to monsters cutting our continuous healing. This seems plausible since blizzard gave all classes healing sources.
    Someone in another thread mentioned that damage modification happens at the very end of the calculation, even after block. This would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteven View Post
    This affix would make more sense if the heal was staggered over time, say 5 second or so.
    There's also the possibility that there is a cooldown on the heal so that it doesn't proc on every single hit. People are speculating on the most overpowered scenario for this stat which may not be the case.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul View Post
    There's also the possibility that there is a cooldown on the heal so that it doesn't proc on every single hit. People are speculating on the most overpowered scenario for this stat which may not be the case.
    I don't think thats how these effects work. They will heal you for X% of the amount of damage you take, every time you take damage. What is ambiguous is the rate of healing, but I think the most obvious answer is that they heal at the same rate as potions do (recall health potions have a finite speed of healing).

IncGamers Member

What i don't get is that why it isn't just called damage reduction? Only scenario where it makes any difference is massive spike damage that's enough to kill you before you heal the damage back.

BattleTag zapro-2758

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo View Post
    What i don't get is that why it isn't just called damage reduction? Only scenario where it makes any difference is massive spike damage that's enough to kill you before you heal the damage back.
    Then it isn't really damage reduction, is it?