Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DamConversionHeal 12 (7.00-10.00)% Damage Taken Is Converted to Life

DamConversionHeal 12
    (7.00-10.00)% Damage Taken Is Converted to Life

I was experimenting in the new Hero Planner and was able to put this Affix on 9 items.
    http://diablonut.incgamers.com/planner/6234

Giving you between 63-90 damage reduction from ALL sources.

This can't be right.

BattleTag zapro-2758

Re: DamConversionHeal 12 (7.00-10.00)% Damage Taken Is Converted to Life

This is right. But you need 9 level 60+ items for this which would be really hard to get together with other decent properties.

Also, we don't really know the monster's special powers. Maybe you encounter some kind of "ignores all life buffs" champion and it will f# your world up

Additionally keep in mind, that this isn't a traditional damage reduction. Let's say you have 1k Life and and a monster deals 1k damage per hit. With 90% DR, you'll receive 100 damage and live. With 90% of this mod you'll receive 1k damage and die. If you would receive 999 damage then for a brief amount of time your Life would be reduced to 1 and then you would be quickly healed to 900 Life.

This is a very important distinction.

Item types for this affix: Armor, Amulet, FollowerSpecial. Clicking the armor link takes to a page which simply lists all possible armor types, I wouldn't read that as a chance for it to spawn on all different armor types.

HardRock, even with that caveat, getting 90% if this stat would be ridiculous. In the case where 90% of this stat wouldn't work into 90% damage reduction you'd simply die without the stat (assuming one monster hitting, with few monsters it would be a bit worse).

Anyway you'd start a game at full hp. For most of your hp pool, this would work exactly as 90% additional damage reduction, which in addition to armor, dodge, block, self healing, and resistances would be completely bonkers.

This would make other self healing 10x better. Anybody would gladly trade one modifier per armor slot for 10X more survivability, and it would completely mess up game balancing.

This reminds me of the life leech thread, where it was assumed that one can get up to 60%? life leech. I recall seeing later that the modifier can only spawn on 2-3 different armor slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooru View Post
    Item types for this affix: Armor, Amulet, FollowerSpecial. Clicking the armor link takes to a page which simply lists all possible armor types, I wouldn't read that as a chance for it to spawn on all different armor types.
    It does mean that though. Howver it's possible, that the dataminers got something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooru View Post
    HardRock, even with that caveat, getting 90% if this stat would be ridiculous.
    I agree. Just wanted to remind people of that fact.

Could also be that the dataminers got it right, but the data isn't representative of how it's going to work on live.

Exactly. I'm fairly sure that most things we know about the affixes are correct, but I'm skeptical or even suspicious about some of them, like this affix.

IncGamers Member

I have been wondering what's the purpose of this affix as well. No way it works like it reads or then inferno is really really really hard. Mitigate 90% of the damage or die in one blow hard.

They could also just put a cap on the max value allowed like they did with DR in D2. They may cap it at say 25% or so.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Albert Einstein

It's also possible that it isn't an instant heal which would make it much less ridiculous.