Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

HC 1st char build

So this is a wizz I'm planing on rolling once/if I reach 60 on the begining.

Mainly this is a HC survive build.

Gear that I plan to use is mainly Defense/resistance and attack 2nd.
    I plan on rolling shield aswell.

So the build would look something like this:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...lOm!faU!ababcc

Why?

Magic Missle + Charget blast
    Skill can hit to the end of the screen and is kinda fast. Added dmg rune to compensate for defense and cause nothing else looks that usable.

or
    Attunement rune
    Dunno how much regeneration for AP is needed to play normaly

Disintegrate + Volatility
    I just love this skill and is a must have skill for me... Added explosion rune cause it has a high % on explosion with HIGH dmg outcome.

here I'm in doubts:
    Diamond skin + Crystal shell
    It has a low cool down of 15seconds, and duration of 6secons. I have 9seconds to run and drink a potion till its back up again. Skill is used when you get attacked by champions with teleport (damn I hate teleporting champions in D3) or when frost nova strikes and you get frozen. Also useful in OMG situations.

or
    Slow Time + Time Warp
    For ranged attackers and mele mobs that come close. DMG rune to compensate on defense build.
    But with this I have no protection vs teleporting mobs.

Blizzard + SnowBound
    To slow down mobs (hoping cold reduces movement speed?). Rune just so I can use Disintegrate longer as it's my main dmg skill.

Energy Armor + Prisamtic Armor
    Cause of defense and 20ap is not that much of a sacrefice (I think). Rune cause of resistances.

Archon + Improved Archon
    Just looks like must have skill and with lots of trash mobs can be used for a looong time due to +1sec per kill. Rune used cause I can kill faster and get more kills which equals in more +1secs of awesomness.

PASIVE

Galvanizing Ward
    For defense

Blur
    More defense.

Temporal Flux
    Blizzard + Magic missle + Disintigrate = tons of slowdown and time to think what next move is.

In D2 I played HC only and here I don't plan to go SC, only, if servers will be too much unstabile on 1st few days.
    So I'd like to hear from ppl that plan on rolling wizz on HC as their 1st or 2nd char. I say 1st or 2nd cause gear that will be at our disposal will not be high end and there will not be much room for errors like there was in D2 with all those godly gear.

All I'd like to geat is a feed back on build so I get other side of the story how and what if.

ty

Last edited by xSiCKx; 02-05-2012 at 21:10. Reason: text errors

BattleTag Hakmon-1219

Re: HC 1st char build

Looks solid. I would stick with Diamond armor; it's such a great emergency skill. I think losing 20 AP is a pretty big deal for your build; both Blizzard and Disintegrate are big AP spenders. Besides, Energy Armor/Primatic Armor AND Blur seems like overkill, even for HC. I'd swap Blur for Astral Presence to compensate for the 20AP loss and to gain a little AP regen.

A few skills that I keep coming back to for HC wizard builds...

Mirror Image + Teleport + Illusionist passive: great combo for hc.

Energy Armor - Force armor rune: IMO this skill will give you more reassurance in hc than any other defensive option... easing your mind about being one-shot.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato....Q.OP!d!..Y.YZ

IncGamers Member

If I were to come with some constructive criticism it would be the concern of not having a distance generator other than the slow from temporal flux and maybe blizz if that turn out so slow.
    You address it yourself with the thought of throwing in slow time.
    I would keep diamond skin and throw in another defensive such and slow time or teleport.

And when it comes to passives I consider Unstable Anomaly as a must have due to the "oh ****" mechanism it has. The kind of thing that might end up saving your HC char from death in the long run.

IncGamers Member

I'm not yet buying on shield, even on HC. The damage from orbs seems huge. I think force armor might really be useful later on. Iremember skeleton king taking half my health with teleport whirlind attack on open beta, wonder what it hits on later difficuties.

Some builds I'm trying:

Teleport coward http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aeQdgP!dhT!caZaYa

I don't know if the entire channel is affected by Arcane Dynamo, if not then Glass Cannon. Mirror images shoud keep enemies in place for you to batter. Also the important cooldowns avalaible again in 15 seconds with 2 of them resetting with enought damage.

Short range Wizard http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UiXgOm!aXV!aYaZcY

Weakness in gapcloser and escape but potent melee-range farmer. For anything ranged champ/boss would need to go Archon thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerra View Post
    I'd swap Blur for Astral Presence to compensate for the 20AP loss and to gain a little AP regen.
    All comes down to what final number on AP will be, If a lvl60 wizz has 500Ap or 1000AP with gear, those 20 is nothing (pulling numbers just out of my head. But, if number would be like 100-200 then might have a problem, but still would mby rather take Prodigy for those 4AP per strike. Dunno all comes down to final AP number...

Quote Originally Posted by kar View Post
    Mirror Image + Teleport + Illusionist passive: great combo for hc.
    Scares me the thought on relying on geting hit for 15% of my HP just so I can teleport more, no potion spam = no ty for me
    Quote Originally Posted by kar View Post
    Energy Armor - Force armor rune: IMO this skill will give you more reassurance in hc than any other defensive option... easing your mind about being one-shot.
    They said there will not be 1hit moves in D3, but anyhow, usualy you get hit by low dmg in high quantity, so 20hits for 5% of hp = dead... lets not mix that some mobs do more than others... in overall 40% all resists seems more safe to walk around than a skill with a chance of/if ever to get 150% dmg hit.

Quote Originally Posted by CombatMedic View Post
    You address it yourself with the thought of throwing in slow time.
    Yeahm if blizzard turns out bad, might change for slowtime with dmg or speed rune.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatMedic View Post
    And when it comes to passives I consider Unstable Anomaly as a must have due to the "oh ****" mechanism it has. The kind of thing that might end up saving your HC char from death in the long run.
    No radius is mentioned in description to be sure how many mobs and how far they get knocked. If radius is short and I wasn't able to use diamond skinn on that time I'll get killed by ranged mobs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebel View Post
    I'm not yet buying on shield, even on HC. The damage from orbs seems huge. I think force armor might really be useful later on. Iremember skeleton king taking half my health with teleport whirlind attack on open beta, wonder what it hits on later difficuties.
    Tons of low dmg hits makes this rune useless, only good for bosses, and changing that before boss makes you lose MF bonus, which you don't want to lose...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by xSiCKx View Post
    Tons of low dmg hits makes this rune useless, only good for bosses, and changing that before boss makes you lose MF bonus, which you don't want to lose...
    It doesn't matter what your MF is if you can't kill the enemy but agree on keeping builds for longer time to get some extra gear. I wonder how much resistances from intellect reduce damage taken aswell, since they seem to be main form of damage mitigation for Wizard and WD.