Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Revenge and Whirl Wind together?

I was wondering if anyone knew how Revenge worked with Whirl Wind? If I am doing my WW, will I have to stop the WW to hit the Revenge or can I hit it while I am doing my WW? I assume I'll have to stop, and that has me wondering if I should use it in my WW build. It's such a good skill, but it may just take up a spot. I don't want to stop my WW! My intention is to get enough fury regen that I can kill a whole group of monsters without having to stop my WW.

That said, are there any skills that will allow me to cast while WW is active? What about shouts? ect...

thanks guys!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag KrullCat-1863

Re: Revenge and Whirl Wind together?

Keep an eye open for Fury Regen weapons as well, I also intend to build a WW barb since that's what I enjoyed playing in D2 as well.

IncGamers Member

I doubt that you can cast anything while channeling WW. That being said it does have fixed cost per cycle so you don't lose anything by interrupting the channel.

IncGamers Member

I don't see the greatness in WW. Can someone explain it to me better? I understand it does okay damage with subpar runes. Am I missing anything?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by GetMerked View Post
    I don't see the greatness in WW. Can someone explain it to me better? I understand it does okay damage with subpar runes. Am I missing anything?
    It's f*cking awesome to use, and reaks of nostalgia. Whirlwind has literally defined the "warrior" class for every RPG to come, forever.

You have to stop your WW to use Revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo View Post
    I doubt that you can cast anything while channeling WW.
    I think shout and shout-like abilities could be used during WW. By shout-like I mean Sprint.

BattleTag Remix-1173

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    You have to stop your WW to use Revenge.

I think shout and shout-like abilities could be used during WW. By shout-like I mean Sprint.
    i think the opposite.

revenge is an ability activated when you are attacked, therefore i believe you can actually "activate" it (it's not really something YOU are activating but rather is activated by you being hit) shouts on the other hand are the opposite. just saying.

Revenge has a very distinct animation and you character stops if you use it while you're running. That's not the case for Threatening Shout, which can be used while moving or leaping in the air. This is the reason why I think that shouts can be used during WW, but Revenge can't. We'll see how these things work in practice.

IncGamers Member

Ok, assuming that you have to stop your WW to hit the revenge skill, do you still use it in your build?

Given that with WW you'll always want be near enemies and you'll most likely receive a ton of damage bacause of that I would absolutely consider Revenge for a WW barb. The heal it can provide has no match in the game at the moment.